Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Can we all just declare the OS wars over? There is plenty of choice for all. No need to crusade and convert. Let the sales people sell, and let us just enjoy our choices, please?

Believe it or not, I have friends, and they have products not made by Apple. I have never tried to convince someone to buy into what I have, or denigrate their choice. When they get something new that they are excited about, I'm excited with them. Honestly, I'm just glad more people are getting into technology, and what it enables them to do. If that is with an Android device or BB, I'm all for it.

The better thing is to let people enjoy their moment and excitement about what they have purchased. That has been a hard lesson for me to learn, watching my mother buy a new Dell every few months, knowing that will mean hours of free tech support from me. Still, she is excited, therefore, I am excited with her.

The TP and Pre 3 will be out soon enough. When people are interested in seeing those things, you would be quite upset if someone upstaged your proud moment with an iPhone 5. The iPad 2 just came out. This is Apple's time. You only become the enemy trying to derail it with your friends and coworkers. It will be HP's time soon enough.

Can't we all just get along?
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Can we all just declare the OS wars over? There is plenty of choice for all. No need to crusade and convert. Let the sales people sell, and let us just enjoy our choices, please?

Believe it or not, I have friends, and they have products not made by Apple. I have never tried to convince someone to buy into what I have, or denigrate their choice. When they get something new that they are excited about, I'm excited with them. Honestly, I'm just glad more people are getting into technology, and what it enables them to do. If that is with an Android device or BB, I'm all for it.

The better thing is to let people enjoy their moment and excitement about what they have purchased. That has been a hard lesson for me to learn, watching my mother buy a new Dell every few months, knowing that will mean hours of free tech support from me. Still, she is excited, therefore, I am excited with her.

The TP and Pre 3 will be out soon enough. When people are interested in seeing those things, you would be quite upset if someone upstaged your proud moment with an iPhone 5. The iPad 2 just came out. This is Apple's time. You only become the enemy trying to derail it with your friends and coworkers. It will be HP's time soon enough.

Well spoken.

Your post history belies your sentiment in the above paragraph as I could easily search and find numerous posts to the contrary. However...

If this is indeed a new attitude then it is very much welcomed as again this is an ENTHUSIAST forum for Palm\HP products and we like them here...it's good the mods have been more active lately. Here's to hoping we all do get along.

(as an example Chevy talk is allowed on mustangforums but bashing the venerable 5.0 is not permitted...as it should be. Plenty of Chevy forums out there for that. )
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Your post history belies your sentiment in the above paragraph as I could easily search and find numerous posts to the contrary. However...

If this is indeed a new attitude then it is very much welcomed as again this is an ENTHUSIAST forum for Palm\HP products and we like them here...it's good the mods have been more active lately. Here's to hoping we all do get along.

(as an example Chevy talk is allowed on mustangforums but bashing the venerable 5.0 is not permitted...as it should be. Plenty of Chevy forums out there for that. )
    Bro, you're getting a little mixed up about what happens on a technology discussion board among enthusiasts, and real life among real people. I don't lose any sleep over what people here may think about me. But I certainly know the difference between discussing the merits of branded tech gadgets on a fan-site, and taking that behavior to the streets.

I am dismayed by the stories I hear of people hanging out at retailers, intercepting customers, trying to undermine the sales person doing their job by selling the customer on their tech of choice. It doesn't matter who does it for what brand; it's sick! At that point, perspective has been lost, and needs to be regained. That kind of behavior did nothing for Apple in the bad old days, and it does nothing for HP.

It is like roll-playing on a sci-fi/ fantasy board, then taking that persona, replete with costume into the real world. In this case, I'm not the one with the problem who needs to make a change. I know the difference between sniping on a tech site and being "that guy" in the office.

The only time I ever saw a Pre in the wild was with a lady who was having second thoughts about her purchase. As it happened, I knew more about the Pre than she did, and was able to help her with her problem, and make her feel good about her choice. It never occurred to me to whip out an iPhone and show her what she was missing. That is just absurd, sad, wrong, and all kinds of messed up.

So, who needs to change, the one who goes a bit too far on a discussion boards from time to time, or the one who assaults people with their tech preferences in the real world. In this case, you're focusing on the wrong guy.

I repeat my initial plea: Let's just not do this sort of thing, please. It is bad for the people you want to evangelize. It is bad for the evangelist. It is bad for the company you are trying to support. It is bad for advanced consumer tech in general, as no one will want to be associated with anything that makes people behave like that. Let's keep our radical evangelism in the proper forum. In the real world, there are far bigger issues than who uses what product.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12