Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Brilliant ads once again.

People call music players ipods, so to say this is the only phone with an ipod built in is genius. It would make my mom or dad ask me if other phones play music.

Only play to have the worlds largest music store? Well that sounds like the best phone.

ibooks is the most ridiculous to me because nook and kindle services have more selection at better prices.

App Store:

iBooks:

ipod:

Cats & Boxes:

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Oy!

This reminds me of the mid to early 90's, when everyone thought that in order to have internet access, they needed AOL, and always thought that the native AOL program WAS the internet, so they took no issues to the 50 little paid ads that were all over their screen, or, that so many sites were actually blocked by the AOL browser, not mention what they did to attachment files being sent to or from their customers.

Ignorance = bliss for marketting geniuses.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

The iPhone is the only phone in the world with an iPod. If you know people who call a non Apple music player an iPod then they are just misguided, it doesn't make it the norm.

Every company that advertises needs to be full of themselves. Look at the Tmobile, Verizon and ATT commercials. If you have the misfortune to live in a Cablevision neighborhood then you would really see a company full of themselves.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by LCGuy View Post
    Oy!

Ignorance = bliss for marketting geniuses.
    But the difference here is apple has a point though. It's true. "worlds largest app store" "don't have an ipod in your phone" "worlds #1 music store"

It is quite compelling knowing your phone has the largest app store, #1 music service, and a book store in your pocket right out of the box.

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    "If its not an iphone, well, its just not an iPhone"

Is that their new marketing?

If you don't have an iPhone, get one, cause if you don't, you don't have an iPhone.

I swear if apple was any more 'up themselves' they'd be inside out.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Palm m105 >> Zire 72SE >> AT&T Pre Plus >> Pre 2 (cracked)>>HP Veer/Pre 2>>Touchpad>>Pre 3...and I'm only 17 years old! (My own savings)
    Damn. Yeah. The only way they could get better is if they used that cat with the boxes somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    People call music players ipods,...

ibooks is the most ridiculous to me because nook and kindle services have more selection at better prices.
    you know i've never once heard someone call something an ipod that's not an ipod. Then again in the last three or four years i've never seen a music player in public that is not an ipod. Like i've never ever heard someone say, "i want an ipod" and not mean specifically an actual ipod. But again it's not like there is much else out the any more. And no Zune i don't know anyone with a Zune.

i actually prefer the ibooks app to the kindle one. The kindle one doesn't look as nice. And i like the way its layed out. Page animations are impressive.

effective ads though.
    Do they have any reason not to be confident/full of themselves?
    Wouldn't let me quote, "And no Zune i don't know anyone with a Zune."

I have a Zune and it's the bees knees..
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post

I quite like the interface of the Zune. I am not a windows users but if I was, or they had a Mac interface, I certainly would have tried it. I got on the iPod train very late.

I love my Zune and Zune Pass! It's the only reason I thought of jumping ship to WP7.

but i don't know you.

I don't have anything against the zune. I'm sure someone is or was buying them. I just haven't seen anyone with one out in public in my travels. i don't know anyone of my many friends with a non ipod music only player. My dad finally said he wanted an ipod. If i had got him a zune he'd have said what the f is that? Point is in my experience i just don't remotely here people say ipod and not mean ipod. If you want an Zune i've never heard someone say they want an ipod. Now kleenex? Yeah i've heard people say kleenex and not care what they get as long as they can blow their nose. Just not ipods.
    Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    ...edited...
    There is no evidence to suggest the launch of the iPad 2 was a "rushed release."
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 04/03/2011 at 08:18 PM.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    i think he was being sarcastic
    It is really interesting what Apple has done and no one else has come close. My wife and I went by a local plaza with Moe's (welcome to Moe's) and our stop Starbucks for some coffee. We had a few minutes to wait before we headed to our style salon for my hair cut and figured some coffee would be pretty good.

Either way, coffee sounded pretty good and this location was perfect for those hungry and wanting to sit outside and relax. I did a quick count of all the people outside with their phones and laptops...80% of those I noticed had iDevices in one form or another. I noticed one or two Blackberry phones and four or five PC's scattered, but the of local users were mostly Apple users. I only saw one user with what looked like a Verizon Pixi beside my wife and me using Palm Pre's.

Apple is simply the cool thing on the block...literally and figuratively and nothing else comes close!

I love Apple computers, but wouldn't touch an iPhone for personal use if my life depended on it. IPhones are not bad, but my Palm Pre- with webOS is 12x better then iPhones runnning IOS in any form and all iPhones have are APPS and the Cool Factor, which is what Apple is pointing out. Period!

Do you know, Apple's IOS has no interface to tell you how much power your phone has left on charge....there is a small power indicator at the top of there phones, but that's it. I can't be the only tech today who was trying to diagnose how much power was left for my clients iPhone. I guess iPhones batteries last 10 hours and don't have to worry about power failure? You got me. Sorli...
    Last edited by sorli; 03/17/2011 at 06:47 PM.
    I like these ads -- they manage to differentiate through software without degenerating into nerd talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    I like these ads -- they manage to differentiate through software without degenerating into nerd talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    I agree. What Apple is really saying is that you can have an iPhone, or something like an iPhone. Every successful brand has said this at one point or other, such as Honda, Toyota, BMW, Mercedes. This is nothing new, or arrogant. It is just the reality of a trend-setting, world-wide brand.
    Setting aside the app store and the horror of being locked to iTunes...

You <edit> don't think they went a bit far with the iBooks ad?
    Last edited by berdinkerdickle; 03/17/2011 at 07:34 PM.
    Not really. iPhones are the only phones with both the iBooks app and the iBook Store. It's like how the WP7 commercials say their phone is the only phone with Office.
  19.    #19  
    I thought they were then I thought about how no other phone comes with an ebook reader/store on the device. They are showing off things that the iphone has without needing to download anything.

HP touchpad, the only tablet with beats audio ... oh? no one cares? "back to the drawing board!"

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Do you know, Apple's IOS has no interface to tell you how much power your phone has left on charge....there is a small power indicator at the top of there phones, but that's it. I can't be the only tech today who was trying to diagnose how much power was left for my clients iPhone. I guess iPhones batteries last 10 hours and don't have to worry about power failure? You got me. Sorli...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast