Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    But the difference here is apple has a point though. It's true. "worlds largest app store" "don't have an ipod in your phone" "worlds #1 music store"

It is quite compelling knowing your phone has the largest app store, #1 music service, and a book store in your pocket right out of the box.
    There is no difference, honestly, despite the quality of Apple's products.

AOL was THE key internet provider back then - they could do no wrong - they even bought Disney - that's how successful they became, based on mindless following, because everyone else had AOL, so EVERYone just HAD to have AOL - sound familiar?

AOL wasn't a bad service - it was good, quite good (hey beat out Compuserve, who existed long before them), in fact, at doing what it set out to do, just like Apple currently does, but, just like with Apple, any company who specifically plays into, and begins to really count on the less knowledgable consumer's ignorance for success is setting themselves up for a big fall, eventually.

I hope Apple products never lose their quality, and that Apple never loses their current vision, honest.

But, corporate america, and extreme financial success have ruined many a company's futures by putting "rose colored glasse"s on them, where they start to drink the same koolaid that the faithful consumers drink, and that's when they stop trying, concetrate on the money only, and lose thier focus, and, ultimately, their vision.

These ads smack of Apple doing just that.

Seriously.

They were very "un-Apple" like, and hint at a change from being "walking softly, but carrying a big stick" to "running around, yelling and screaming, but leaving the big stick at home".

Arogance is never a good thing, in the long run.
    Last edited by LCGuy; 03/18/2011 at 07:55 AM.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Either way, coffee sounded pretty good and this location was perfect for those hungry and wanting to sit outside and relax. I did a quick count of all the people outside with their phones and laptops...80% of those I noticed had iDevices in one form or another. I noticed one or two Blackberry phones and four or five PC's scattered, but the of local users were mostly Apple users. I only saw one user with what looked like a Verizon Pixi beside my wife and me using Palm Pre's.
    Iíve noticed that if I go to my local Starbuckís, the majority of the people use iDevices, but if I go to ďItís a GrindĒ (which has better prices and a better selection than SB) there are more non-iDevices than iStuff. Also, at SB everyone seems uptight and snooty while IaG seems more relaxed and laid back.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Iíve noticed that if I go to my local Starbuckís, the majority of the people use iDevices....
    This is true. But I also notice that they are almost always plugged in to the wall, so battery life continues to be an issue with heavy use. It's an issue for webOS, but thank goodness I can swap a battery and keep going. Especially with how much faster the Pre2 boots up afterwards.
    i also think it's interesting the topics of the adds: music, app store, books. Which happen to all be, in my opinion, weaknesses of Palm, but the other competition as well. Though i don't think Android really has an issue with it's app store anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    This is true. But I also notice that they are almost always plugged in to the wall, so battery life continues to be an issue with heavy use. It's an issue for webOS, but thank goodness I can swap a battery and keep going. Especially with how much faster the Pre2 boots up afterwards.
    I much prefer a battery pack to swapping out a battery. It's seamless and hassle-free. Things such as:

Amazon.com: Kensington Mini Battery Extender and Charger for iPod and iPhone 1G, 3G, 4G (Black): Electronics
    Amazon.com: mophie juice pack air case and rechargeable battery for iPhone 3G, 3G S (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories
    Amazon.com: splash O2 Juice Pack Case & 2000mAh Extended Rechargeable Battery for iPhone 3G 3GS (Black): Electronics
    Amazon.com: 1000mAh Mini External Backup Battery Charger Pack for iPhone/iPod Touch/iPod: Electronics

You just connect it to the phone, throw it in your bag or pocket and go about your business. In my experience, they're good for about a full charge and a half and can often be used on the device while you recharge (to recharge both the pack and the iPhone at the same time).
    Actually, AOL linked up with Warner Brothers, not Disney.

It was known as "AOL-Time-Warner".

Disney bought ABC, and Marvel Comics.

We now rejoin our regularly scheduled WebOS talk...
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12