Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  

HP Palm Pre 3 and Motorola Atrix (to scale)

FEATURE COMPARISON
    Click chart for full size.

NOTES
    • Some manufacturers use different model names for different carriers:
    - - The Samsung Nexus S and Nexus S 4G are nearly identicle except different cell radios for different carriers.
    - - Samsung Galaxy S II to be the AT&T Attain, Verizon Function, & Sprint Within
    - - The HTC Thunderbolt is like the HTC Inspire except: 5.78 oz, 1230mAh battery, and no front camera.
    - - The HTC Sensation is like the HTC EVO 3D except: no 3D, 768MB RAM, 640x480 front camera, and 1520mAh battery.
    - - The Samsung Infuse and Hercules are very similar. The Hercules has NFC.

• webOS: The Pre 3 and Veer webOS experience is unlike anything else and viewed by many as the strongest feature of HP Palm devices.

• HDMI/DLNA: Allows HD output to a TV or projector for home theater or business presentations.

• microSD: Keep your favorite movies, music, and photos with you. Key to backups. 16 GB ~$26 - 32 GB ~$55 & 64GB

• Notifications: Android Notifications are in the top bar-pull down to see. webOS notifications appear on the bottom. iOS 5 improves iPhone notifications.

• Voice Control: Palm Just Type is similar to Android Search and iPhone Spotlight (customize). Android Voice Actions and iPhone Voice Commands accept voice commands. HP may be adding "Voice features."

• Synergy will allow developers to sync their apps into contacts and calendar like Android Sync does.

• HP ePrint should be similar to Android Google Print and iPhone apps like Printopia. At this time, ePrint works with few printers and requires special server software.

• Proximity Transfer allows nearby devices to transfer information. Bump (2009) transfers contacts, songs, photos, events, money, friends, and apps between iPhones and Androids. The Nexus S and Galaxy S II expand on this with by meeting the 2009 Near Field Communication standards. BlackBerry Bridge (2010) offers similar sharing between a BlackBerry phone and tablet. HP Touch-to-share (2011) transfers URLs between devices with the same HP profile.

• HP Video Chat: should be similar Android Qik and iPhone Facetime.

• Folders: iPhone and Android can have 256 apps just 3 taps away.

• Multitasking: Compare Multitasking, Android Multitasking, Apple Multitasking Cards/Video.

• Cards: Task Switcher, Itching Thumb, or LauncherPro bring cards to Android.

• Inductive Charging: The Touchstone, Powermat, Enerergizer Wireless Charger, and Duracell myGrid are wireless charging accessories based on Nikola Tesla's induction patents.

• CPU Speed, dual cores, and memory are important but so is optimizing the operating system. Benchmarks are not available at this time.

• USB OTG (USB Host) let's you connect a USB Flash Drive, mouse or keyboard directly to a Galaxy S II. Video.

Resources:
    • HP Can Beat Apple - more resources for these and other technologies.
    • HP Pre3 | HP's official page
    • HP Veer | HP's official page - Pixi vs. Veer: what's changed?
    • BlackBerry Torch: Blackberry - Specs - Review - engadget
    • Apple iPhone Official site - HDMI
    • Motorola Atrix: Android Central - Motorola - ATT - Amazon - Atrix vs Tbolt
    • Samsung Nexus S 4G: Android Central - Sprint - Phone Arena: Nexus S, Nexus S 4G
    • Samsung Galaxy S II: Android Central - Engadget "...might well be the best smartphone,.."
    - - 120 countries - Galaxy S II benchmarked, makes other phones cry in shame - Ads
    - - BGR: Already Upgraded - Engadget Comparison - PhoneArea - S2 Benchmarks
    - - S2 vs. LG 3D, Sensation - S2 Specs - 10 million S II's this year
    • Droid X2: AndroidCentral - Pocketnow - PhoneArena - Review - Motorola
    • Motorola Photon 4G: Announced - PhoneArena - Thisismyntext - Engadget - Motorola - Users Manuals
    • Samsung Hercules: AndroidCentral - Thiisismynext
    • Samsung Droid Charge: AndroidCentral - Samsung - PhoneArena - Benchmarks - Charge vs Thunderbolt
    • HTC Thunderbolt: Android Central - HTC - Verizon - Amazon - PhoneArena - Tbolt-Inspire-EVO3D
    • HTC Inspire: Android Central - HTC - ATT - PhoneArena
    • LG Optimus 3D: Android Central - Engadget - cnet Specs - Benchmarks
    • HTC EVO 3D: HTC - Benchmarks - 3D demo - Phone Arena: EVO, EVO 3D, Pre 3
    • Samsung Infuse: AndroidCentral - PRPRPR - ATT - Samsung - cnet - PhoneArena - Infuse-SII-LG3D
    • PDAdb.net Atrix, Thunderbolt, EVO 3D, LG 3D, Nexus 4G, Pre 3, Veer Comparison
    • Kyocera Echo: Sprint Echo Release - Kyocera page - cnet - Phone Arena
    • Samsung Galaxy S 3: Features - PCMag: 2GHz - Battle over Galaxy S3 and iPhone 5
    • Apple iPhone 6 to use Sharp's p-Si LCD display for launch next year
    • Sell your old phone to Gazelle

Pre 3, Veer, and TouchPad Comparisons:
    • Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D • iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS
    • HP TouchPad vs. iPad 2, Xoom, PlayBook, Galaxy Tab

Palm Pre/Pre 2 Comparisons:
    - 4.3" HTC EVO - 4.3" Droid X - 4" Captivate - iPhone 4
    - w/Keyboards: 4" Samsung Epic - 3.7" Droid 2 Global

See our sister site Android Central for Android forums and a getting started guide.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 08/25/2011 at 09:53 AM.
  2.    #2  
    Please discuss these new Android Phones in this thread:
    • ATT Motorola Atrix 4G
    • HTC Thunderbolt LTE
    • EVO 3D Shooter (just rumors until after CTIA on March 22, 2011)

This is the place to discuss your ideas and thoughts about these phones. Our forums are not a place to win arguments. Argumentative posts will be deleted and infractions may be given.

PreCentral is the place to talk about all things webOS. Please talk about phones and technology but not each other.

See our sister site, Android Central, for Android forums and a getting started guide.

Thanks!
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/18/2011 at 12:49 PM.
    Having played with the Atrix and its associated docks (laptop and HD), I'm not worried it's going to be a blockbuster. I have no doubts it will sell well, but its return rate will probably be pretty high, at least for the people who bought it to use in dock mode. Unless it's optimized soon, it's just too slow an experience (especially in Firefox) for just too much money.

I imagine we'll know more once HP goes mainstream with their new ad campaign for webOS. If that measures up to the huge push AT&T and Moto are doing, we might have a solid fight on our hands. Remember, regular consumers don't generally buy on specs.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Having played with the Atrix and its associated docks (laptop and HD), I'm not worried it's going to be a blockbuster...
    Historically, Sprint and Verizon have always been the biggest homes for Palm products. Although smaller, Sprint has been Palm's best friend.

Since 2007, ATT has been so big with iPhone that little else is an issue except a few Android's and BlackBerry's. So the Atrix is destined to do little at ATT.

Maybe Sprint's big new announcements on Tuesday will be about the Pre 3, Veer, and TouchPad. If Sprint is to carry them in June, now is the time to announce it. Sprint can't afford another Kyocera Echo debacle.

Someone has to announce the Veer quick if it is to be a "spring release".
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post

HP Palm Pre 3 and Motorola Atrix (to scale)

FEATURE COMPARISON

KEY FEATURES

• webOS: The Pre 3 and Veer webOS experience is unlike anything else and viewed by many as the strongest feature of HP Palm devices.

• Size: The Pre 3 display is slightly smaller than the Atrix while Atrix total size at 4.99 in³ is closer in to the Veer (4.2 in³) than the Pre 3 (6.94 in³).

• Apps: webOS 2.0 currently has 6,000 apps. Android has 150,000 apps. Both have Flash.

• Notifications: Android Notifications appear in the top status bar. Pull down to review.

• Just Type is similar to Android Voice Actions and iPhone Voice Commands but requries the user to just type. HP may be adding "Voice". Voice Dial is already announced.

• Synergy will allow developers to sync their apps into contacts and calendar like Android Sync does.

• HP ePrint should be similar to Android Google Print and iPhone apps like Printopia. At this time, ePrint works with few printers and requires special server software.

• Proximity Transfer allows two devices to transfer information. HP Touch-to-share (TTS) transfers URLs, text, or calls between two HP devices sharing the same profile (Engadget). Bump transfers contacts, songs, photos, events, money, friends, and apps between any two iPhones or Androids. Near Field Communication is expected soon.

• HP Video Chat: should be similar Android Qik and iPhone Facetime.

• Folders: iPhone and Android can have 256 apps just 3 taps away.

• Multitasking: See Android Multitasking and TiPb Multitasking article.

• Cards: Task Switcher, Itching Thumb, or LauncherPro bring cards to Android.

• Inductive Charging: The Touchstone, Powermat, Enerergizer Wireless Charger, and Duracell myGrid wirelessly (based on Nikola Tesla's induction patents).

• Memory: RAM is used by the operating system and apps. A microSD slot allows up to 32GB of removable storage.

• CPU Speed, dual cores, and memory are important but so is optimizing the operating system. Benchmarks are not available at this time.

For more information, see:
    • HP Can Beat Apple - more resources for these and other technologies.
    • Palm Pixi Plus vs. HP Veer: what's changed? -- Engadget
    • HP Pre3 | HP's official page
    • HP Veer | HP's official page
    • HTC Thunderbolt Website (Verizon) (Amazon)
    • Motorola Atrix Website (ATT) (Amazon)
    • Android Central Motorola Atrix 4g
    • Compare phones: ATRIX 4G, Thunderbolt, Pre 3 - Phone Arena
    • Compare phones: Pre 3, Pre 2, Palm Pixi Plus - Phone Arena
    • PDAdb.net Atrix, Thunderbolt, Pre 3, Veer Comparison

EVO 3D Shooter is just rumors until after CTIA on March 22, 2011:
    • Phone Arena: EVO 3D (Shooter) Specs
    • EVO 3D Details
    • EVO 3D (Shooter) Benchmarks
    • EVO 3D at CTIA Leaked
    • Benchmarks
    • Sell your old EVO to Gazelle for $200

Pre 3, Veer, and TouchPad Comparisons:
    • Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D • iPhone 4 & iPhone 3GS
    • HP TouchPad vs. iPad 2, Xoom, PlayBook, Galaxy Tab

Palm Pre/Pre 2 Comparisons:
    - 4.3" HTC EVO - 4.3" Droid X - 4" Captivate - iPhone 4
    - w/Keyboards: 4" Samsung Epic - 3.7" Droid 2 Global

See our sister site Android Central for Android forums and a getting started guide.
    Nicely done, I agree with H/P and Apple that we dont want to fight a spec war. But the difference between H/P and Apple is Apple when they come out with a new product, their specs are better than most phones and not just catching up with the last year models, like H/P does.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  6.    #6  
    OK, we are getting more details on the EVO 3D: Android Central - Sprint's CTIA announcement details leaked -- Expect EVO 3D (BGR)

-----------------------------------------

The HTC EVO 3D is the real show-stopper though, and has some awesome specs. The EVO 3D supposedly has the following hardware:
    • 4.3-inch 3D qHD capacitive 960 x 540 px display
    • 1730 mAh battery
    • 4GB internal memory with 8 GB SD card, expandable to 32 GB
    • 1 GB RAM
    • 1.2 GHz dual-core Snapdragon CPU
    • Android 2.3.2 Gingerbread - better power management, faster
    • Dual 5 MP rear cameras (3D)
    • 1.3 MP Front camera
    • records 2D @ 1080p, 3D @ 720p
    • Dimensions = 5.0 x 2.6 x .48 inches
    • DLNA support and HDMI port
    BGR reports that special 3D versions of the Blockbuster and YouTube apps will be on board as well.
    -----------------------------------------

So if that is true, that is an even bigger spec bump up from the original EVO:
    • CPU would be nearly twice as fast
    • 35% more pixels
    • 15% larger battery, dual core should have better power management
    • 3D cameras
    • 1080p recording and playback, up from 720p
    • HDMI and DLNA, up from just HDMI
    • 4GB internal storage instead of 1 GB
    • 1024MB RAM up from 512MB RAM.

I will update the opening post as we get more details.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/20/2011 at 05:10 PM.
    H/P is so so so behind
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8.    #8  
    The more I look at the EVO 3D rumors, the more impossible they seem. You can't improve every spec at the same time. You improve one or two.

Is it possible that the EVO 3D really will be twice as fast, twice the RAM, four times the ROM, four times the internal storage, 35% more pixels, and 15% larger battery? All at the same time? Really?

Note that Android Central said "supposedly" for these specs. This may just be wishful thinking. If it did make this big of a leap, would it be $300 on contract?
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/19/2011 at 05:05 PM.
    I was just thinking that is going to be the showstopper phone. I was thinking wow a phone that records in 3D now that is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by VCI_Cell View Post
    Having played with the Atrix and its associated docks (laptop and HD), I'm not worried it's going to be a blockbuster. I have no doubts it will sell well, but its return rate will probably be pretty high, at least for the people who bought it to use in dock mode. Unless it's optimized soon, it's just too slow an experience (especially in Firefox) for just too much money.

I imagine we'll know more once HP goes mainstream with their new ad campaign for webOS. If that measures up to the huge push AT&T and Moto are doing, we might have a solid fight on our hands. Remember, regular consumers don't generally buy on specs.
    The Atrix does not work as advertised because AT&T turned off HSUPA. That alone is people off and they are returning the phone.

AT&T's 4G masquerade | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

Not to mention everything Motorola released recently seems to need a firmware update.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    They are missing so many opportunities, that's for sure!!

Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    H/P is so so so behind
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    wow, what can i say. Android you suck again! the amazing 2ghz processor and hd screen does jack for android performance. hear that? specs mean nothing when it comes to the smart phone race. its all about the operating system!!!
    Interesting...were you able to try it with its pairing dock and display/keyboard combo? Sorli...
    nope i had people waiting behind me getting impatient.
    I wonder why the Evo 3D doesn't use N band for wireless and same crappy display as the Atrix. That kinda sucks. Mind you, I don't know what the Pre 3 has, but I hope they have N band. Looks like no one is going to beat iPhone4's display any time soon.
    my daughters 1 1/2 yrs old itouch renders precentral.net web pages faster than my 1ghz overclocked pre+. hope hp continues to improve webos and the speed of its webkit browser.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    I wonder why the Evo 3D doesn't use N band for wireless and same crappy display as the Atrix. That kinda sucks. Mind you, I don't know what the Pre 3 has, but I hope they have N band. Looks like no one is going to beat iPhone4's display any time soon.
    All the rumors seem to show HTC will use a different display than Motorola. I don't think that they have ever used the same displays. Would you share that link?

What source says that HTC will stop using 802 b/g/n for WiFi? Would you share that link?
    I will have to get the HTC EVO 3D. So please Sprint and HP give me the Pre 3!
    Why did you make your own thread for this? You should have posted in one of the several other threads on the same topic..

Back to your topic, I hope that sprint is the main partner with HP from the start. It will be nice to get the Pre 3 in combo with the Touch Pad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Why did you make your own thread for this? You should have posted in one of the several other threads on the same topic..

Back to your topic, I hope that sprint is the main partner with HP from the start. It will be nice to get the Pre 3 in combo with the Touch Pad.
    Is there a topic discussing the HTC EVO 3D and it's spec sheet? It has a 1.2 dual core Snapdragon processor, it has the same res of the iPhone 4, 1GB of ram. Android 2.3 and you can take 1080p video and 720p video in 3D (must have dual cameras in the back). I just think thats cool.

I posted this on my BlackBerry at first, didn't want to post a large post at first. I figured someone would start talking about the HTC EVO 3D since thats the phone I was talking about in the post ...
Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast