Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678
    The Atrix speed problem has been fixed. Anyone still using it?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Voice dialing is included in webOS 2.1 and I don't see them removing it for Pre 3 launch with 2.1+.
    How well does voice dialing work? It was phenomenal on my old Samsung Instinct. I REALLY miss that feature!
  3.    #143  
    The Samsung Infuse 4G has replaced the Kyocera Echo in the comparison. The Echo specs are actually similar to the Zio from last year with no HDMI, no DLNA, no front camera, and single core. Early sales results are what you would expect.

The Samsung Infuse is a beast at 4.5" but actually smaller overall than the Echo. See the updated opening post that also now includes the LG Optimus 3D, Samsung Galaxy S II, etc.

In a fun twist, PreCentral compared the Infuse and Veer, two phones literally at the opposite ends of the comparison chart. Max RAM, HDMI, DLNA, microSD, MP, Zoom, AF, flash, HD Record, front camera, battery, and CPU cores were not noted there.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 05/09/2011 at 01:46 PM.
  4.    #144  
    The comparison is updated to show additional new smartphones. It now includes:

Apple iPhone 4 - AT&T
    Apple iPhone 4 - Verizon
    HP Pre3 - ?
    HP Veer - AT&T
    HTC Inspire - AT&T
    HTC EVO 3D - Sprint
    HTC Thunderbolt - Verizon
    LG Optimus 3D - ?
    Motorola Atrix - AT&T
    Motorola Droid X2 - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy S II Attain - AT&T
    Samsung Galaxy S II Function - Verizon
    Samsung Galaxy S II Within - Sprint
    Samsung Hercules - T-Mobile
    Samsung Infuse - AT&T
    Samsung Nexus S - T-Mobile
    Samsung Nexus S 4G - Sprint
    Samsung Droid Charge - Verizon
  5.    #145  
    The new Sprint Motorola Photon has been added to the opening post comparison chart.

The Photon has the basic specs that have become standard in flagship phones:

• 4.3" qHD 960x480
    • 4G
    • Dual Core Tegra
    • 1024MB RAM
    • 16GB Internal
    • microSD can add 32GB or soon 64GB
    • HDMI 1080p
    • DLNA 1080p
    • Rear Camera: 8MP, Autofocus, Zoom
    • Battery: 10 hours of talk time
    • 200,000 apps
    • Voice Actions

But in addition, the Photon is a "world phone" with CDMA and GSM radios that will allow it to work almost anywhere in the world that has cell service. The Photon is expected to be available in late July.

The Photon will face strong competition when it arrives from the Sprint HTC EVO 3D 4G, due June 24th with enhanced 1080p HD recording capabilities, upgraded front camera, and added 3D recording and playback with no 3D glasses needed. The T-Mobile HTC Sensation is the none-3D version for T-Mobile. The LG Optimus 3D is the other 3D phone coming out this summer.

The Samsung Galaxy S II 4G is also expected in July as the Sprint Within 4G, and quickly followed by the Verizon Function, and AT&T Attain with similar upgrades plus a SAMOLED Plus display but is only 0.33" thick. Then the T-Mobile version is expected with a slide-out keyboard.

The Samsung AT&T Infuse shares many of these same specs but is 4.5" and is already available. The T-Mobile Hercules will follow.

These new contenders join the 4.3" Thunderbolt, Droid X2, and Inspire 4G that have just started shipping this spring along with the 4" Atrix 4G and Nexus S 4G.

That's 15 industry-leading smartphone models coming to the US so far in 2011.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 06/09/2011 at 10:36 PM.
    Can't wait for some of the new ics devices to start showing up in the next few months
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    I have the Atrix, and so far it has been great! I did come from a BlackBerry though, so I don't have any superfast phones to compare it to...
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678