Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    I'd agree with you on the OS but yeah...sadly probably too much of an opinion based thing to really make green. Though I really do agree...its a giant flaming neon green which is about the only thing holding off the horde of black and red that's above it for me.
    the evo 3d has dual 5mp cameras, not an 8mp
    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    However the actual inductive charging is not a feature of the phone because it needs a separate bit of hardware to occur.
    It's funny I actually agreed and said as such in my post . Again ...

Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    See? But your right, it is not an included feature.
  4.    #124  
    Next week, when I am back at the computer with the spreadsheet, let me just take out the charger accessories. I will only include what the phones can do without purchasing any accessories. I included inductive charging because I am a big fan of Nicola Tesla. It is so cool to see what has come from his patents from 100 years ago.

The docking apps let you set the apps and the dock screen in the car and other setups for when charging at the office versus at home.

LG does actually make inductive chargers and just announced a new generation this past week at CTIA. But those will still be accessories.

@astraith: LG, HTC, and Samsung do make phones. Foxconn has had 14 suicides since they started making the iPhones in 2007. Their solution: put up big nets around the roofs to catch jumpers.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/26/2011 at 12:27 AM.
    That was exactly my point my friend. But is the iPhone the Foxconn iPhone or the Apple iPhone? Last time I checked it is called Apple's iPhone.
  6.    #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    ...But is the iPhone the Foxconn iPhone or the Apple iPhone? Last time I checked it is called Apple's iPhone.
    After each suicide Apple makes it clear that it is Foxconn who makes iPhones in statements like this:
    "[Apple is] saddened and upset by the recent suicides at Foxconn."

A US company can't pay workers 60 cents an hour and force them to live in barracks. Then there are all those messy OSHA and DOL regulations about chemicals, ventilation, and bathroom breaks. See the Wall Street Journal report on the Foxconn iPhone factory.

Millions of Foxconn phones are sold under the Apple brand. Millions of Foxconn PC's and laptops are sold under the HP and Dell brands and game consoles under the Sony and Nintendo brands.

Is Apple using Foxconn as a manufacturer or is Foxconn using Apple as a distributor?

The answer depends on your perspective.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/26/2011 at 10:32 AM.
    ..... That does not answer the question. Go up to a normal person and ask them what a foxconn iPhone is and see if they understand or is it possible that we call the iPhone "apple iPhone"?
    From what I'm reading, it seems like the FCC had to approve HSUPA to be turned on?

AT&T's HTC Inspire 4G gets FCC permission to enable HSUPA -- Engadget

AT&T says Atrix 4G, Inspire 4G will have HSUPA enabled in April -- Engadget

Now both articles say plain old HSUPA and not HSUPA+, meaning that yes the iPhone 4 has "4G".
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9.    #129  
    <merged>

We may have a lot more discussion on the Atrix as we get closer to the Sprint announcements bringing in the Xoom and Atrix 4G.

Please keep all the discussion about considering or buying a Atrix, Thunderbolt and EVO 3D in this thread.

Thanks!
  10.    #130  
    The Opening Post now explains what 3D means. Any phone can show the 3D videos or photos that an EVO 3D (or LG 3D) will shoot. In this sample 3D demonstration, rotate your phone slightly left or right to look around the sides of the content.

Also, I kept the Inductive Charger line and added a clearer description. I know that these accessories cost extra but once users try them, they are always hooked. Nicola Tesla's technology is too cool to leave out. I want someone to read it and be encouraged to buy one.

[EDIT] The opening post chart is now updated to include the Nexus S as it is on Sprint and T-Mobile and rumored to be coming to other carriers..soon. The Atrix is also expected to be announced for Sprint at the same time the Xoom is announced in April. The layout of the chart has been updated based on feedback from cwg. Thanks!
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/28/2011 at 02:25 PM.
    Something to thing about: Most states have passed a driving Hands free law for cell phones. So the smart move would be to look for a cell phone that reduces the need for hands. Pre 3 and Veer uses "Just Type" not good if you live in one of the states with Handsfree law. Now as for the Touchtone - Palm made it possible to use the Touchtone in your car ( and I love how the designed the bottom to stick to any thing. I have not seen that with any other unit.

One thing that is not clear is whether or not you can view all you email acount on one screen, like in WebOS, on the EVO 3D, Thunderbolt or Atrix.

Thing about it!
    Is there finally voice dialing on the Pre 3? That eliminates the need for using hands. If it still doesn't have it, it's a no sell here too because you get ticketed in Chicago for that. Theoretically anyway, I still see people with their hands on their cell.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    The atrix seems pretty nice hardware wise, but motoblur is turrible
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Is there finally voice dialing on the Pre 3? That eliminates the need for using hands. If it still doesn't have it, it's a no sell here too because you get ticketed in Chicago for that. Theoretically anyway, I still see people with their hands on their cell.
    I believe I've seen a few rumors around here about voice dialing finally being baked into the Pre 3. Let's hope that is true!

Can anyone confirm this?
    Last edited by sjamie; 04/02/2011 at 05:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Who's gonna call the cops on somebody Just Typin'?

Please....

16.    #136  
    The opening post comparison chart has been expanded to include the Kyocera Echo.
  17.    #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    Who's gonna call the cops on somebody Just Typin'?

Please....

30 states now have various "no-texting" laws. In Illinois the police watch as drivers go through school and work zones to see if any are texting. The first offense is a $375 fine so they make really good money at it.

Initial studies are showing that texting while driving has a similar effect as drinking while driving.

Ask your local police what your laws are.
  18.    #138  
    The opening post comparison chart has been updated.

The Nexus S 4G does NOT have microSD as some sites are showing and only has 512MB of RAM. It does does have DLNA and digital zoom. The Nexus 4G featureset will change as it is expected to be one of the first to get Ice Cream this summer.

Also noted: The EVO 3D has 4 GB internal memory, not 1GB.

The chart now shows Flash compatibility.

The Sprint Atrix 4G and Xoom announcements are still expected near the time of Motorola's earnings call next week.
  19.    #139  
    The comparison chart has been updated to include the Samsung Galaxy S2, LG Optimus 3D, and HTC Sensation. The comparison shows key US smartphones in as small a chart as possible.

Comparison Additions
    Samsung Galaxy S 2
    Key specs are: 4.3", 1024 MB RAM, HDMI, DLNA, 1080p recording, and 16GB plus microSD. As with the Galaxy Tab 10.1, the S2 was upgraded before it could ship. The S 2 is the thinnest smartphone at 0.33".

LG Optimus 3D
    Key specs are: 4.3", 3D, HDMI, DLNA, and 1080p recording but 512MB RAM. The LG Optimus 3D has the fastest Benchmarks ANandTech has tested.

HTC Sensation
    The HTC Sensation coming to T-Mobile is much like the HTC EVO 3D except No 3D, 768MB RAM, 640x480 front camera, and 1520mAh battery. The Sensation is included in the EVO 3D column.
    Quote Originally Posted by sjamie View Post
    I believe I've seen a few rumors around here about voice dialing finally being baked into the Pre 3. Let's hope that is true!

Can anyone confirm this?
    Voice dialing is included in webOS 2.1 and I don't see them removing it for Pre 3 launch with 2.1+.
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast