Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    AT&T did the same thing to the HTC Inspire. It's clearly on their hands, because they are the ones marketing 4G on a 3.5G network then not even delivering the 3.5G because they don't feel like turning it on. And according to that article, people aren't even getting decent 3G speeds!!
    I most certainly don't want to be in the position of defending AT&T on this one. There is no defense. They are evil. Full stop.

I think you are giving Moto too much of a pass, though. Moto is selling a 4G phone with no 4G carrier. That is wrong. That would be like Apple selling the iPhone 3G that functionally, only worked on Edge because no carrier would allow the 3G function. Apple would be equally at fault for selling a feature with no carrier support. Yes, I remember the tethering debacle. That made Apple look bad, but it was not a primary feature of the phone. Also, every carrier in the world other than AT&T supported it. In this case, the phone cannot function as it's name suggests. It is the Atrix 4G, with no functional 4G because of no carrier support.

I don't believe for a moment that Moto is surprised by this turn of events. They were complicit. They didn't care if end users could use the 4G band. To them, the only customer that matters is the carrier. Just replace Moto with Apple in this scenario, and you should more easily see why I hold Moto equally culpable.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    according to this (Engadget) the EVO 3D will have a 5 mp front camera rather then an 8 mp. The front camera will be 1.3. 1080p video recording, 720p 3D video recording.

And according to a little birdie, those camera's will be able to overlap the two images and make 10 mp picture.
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    And according to a little birdie, those camera's will be able to overlap the two images and make 10 mp picture.
    oh weird. I didn't get that. I interpreted the word "dual" to refer to the flash. But yeah makes more sense i guess as two cameras. Never seen that before, dual camera that is. Honestly i'd forgoe megapixels for image stabalization (camera and video camera) and a flash that would actually work in a dark place like a bar or nightclub.
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    at release time and after using both devices for a while we need to compare:1)which one is faster. i think webos 2.2 will win.2) battery life 3) how solid is the hardware 4) performance( antenna problems, does it freeze at all and how often, voice quality,etc)
    the evo 3d is the flashy device with super specs and tons of apps
    the pre 3 is a world phone, most elegant,fastest and easiest os to use, best multitasking, and having the ability to integrate your computer/s,printer/s, tablets,etc all in one.
    i guess is going to be a matter of choice between content/productivity/integration vs high definition/3d games/apps
    what do you guys think?
    Wait wait wait...how do you figure webos 2.2 will win in speed?

Not that i'm saying either way as we have barely seen 2.2, but nothing i've seen thus far even matches current android devices in speed.
    I don't like Motorola as much as I used to, due to the way they think everyone on any carrier but Verizon apparently has disposable income to keep buying phones they obsolete out in short period of time. Due to making sure the specs can't handle Android upgrades properly. They are either incompetent or this is a ploy, but I vote incompetence because all the badmouthing probably convinced many to never buy another Motorola phone.

But since AT&T also screwed over HTC and advertised both phones as offering 4G, it's all in their court. You can't sell what you don't offer then use the lame excuse of "just wait". JMO.

As for Apple, well they covered themselves against AT&T being behind everyone else from what I remember. MMS not available yet on AT&T, remember that? And we now know why AT&T didn't allow tethering, they had to figure out how to gouge for it, which they do now.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Global Posts
    160 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post

Not that i'm saying either way as we have barely seen 2.2, but nothing i've seen thus far even matches current android devices in speed.
    check the veer videos and see how fast it is. now thats not the final product.also check in this forums how fast the pre 2 is. all of that is without 2.2 and a faster procesor
    EVO 3D video hands on.

Viddler.com - HTC EVO 3D first hands-on - Uploaded by engadget

edit: lol. "the phone froze up..."
    Quote Originally Posted by shloime View Post
    check the veer videos and see how fast it is. now thats not the final product.also check in this forums how fast the pre 2 is. all of that is without 2.2 and a faster procesor
    I know which Veer video you are referring to, but he didn't really pop up intense programs.

Look at this Pre 3 video....the lag is still there.

and

I don't want to judge pre-release hardware/software...but while its faster than the Pre 1, I think there is still a lot of room for improvement.
  10.    #50  
    There are so many great phones. The specs are fun to look at but in the end, pick the one you like best.

Phones are like shoes. Pick what feels good to you.
    Here you go: HTC - Products - HTC EVO 3D – Specification

Size: 4.96" x 2.56" x 0.47"
    Weight: 170 grams
    RAM: 1 GB
    (The internal storage only lists 1GB, other sources including Sprint say 4GB. May want to leave it as a ? for now.)
    Dual 5 megapixel rear cameras, 1.3MP front facing
    1730 mAh battery

That should pretty much fill in your chart.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain_ReCall
    I'm an Embedded Software Engineer. My idea of a Good User Interface is printf().
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    oh weird. I didn't get that. I interpreted the word "dual" to refer to the flash. But yeah makes more sense i guess as two cameras. Never seen that before, dual camera that is. Honestly i'd forgoe megapixels for image stabalization (camera and video camera) and a flash that would actually work in a dark place like a bar or nightclub.
    2 cameras are for 3D generally. The 3D3 has two cameras!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post

Ah, the Atrix (current android device) did not impress me on the speed front.

I was at ATT looking to buy a pay as you go prepaid sim to activate a developer Pre 2 and I played around with a couple of phones.

Two things I noticed:
    1) Atrix did not feel "dual core" fast and the launcher navigation seemed choppy. Not impressed.

2) WP7... I did not like the UI for things like day to day phone use, BUT now I can't wait for a non-phone Zune version for an MP3 player and it's XBL integration. The XBL stuff was very nice IMHO.
    Last edited by sinime; 03/23/2011 at 08:58 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    H/P is so so so behind
    Hi all,

I disagree with your comment...the Veer & the Pre3 are the only TWO ANNOUNCED smartphones., HP has stated that it will be making further product announcements approx. every other month for at least the rest of the year...they also stated that there would be other smartphone offerings this year.

This is why I have repeatedly stated that I only want a ONE YEAR contract....I did ask in this site in another thread if there were still one year contracts and there are.....

I also made several comments against that one firm (I think Rogers) is offering 3 year contract...having just come off a 2 year contract on my Centro, I will never be left so far behind in technology!

However, before the year is out, I am sure that HP will be offering smartphones with the same or better specs than everyone else.

Please people keep in mind that Palm came within a hairs breath of closing it's dooors....they HAD to put themselves up for sale...even with HP's deep pockets, it still takes some time for HP's huge infusion of cash to turn into marketable smartphones....

Speculation on this very site...indicates that the Veer & the Pre3 were among of the ideas on Palm's drawing boards...not on Palm?HP's drawing boards!

take care,

Jay
    Please Support Research into Fibromyalgia, Chronic Pain and Spinal Injuries. If You Suffer from These, Consider Joining or Better Yet Forming a Support Group. No One Should Suffer from the Burden of Chronic Pain, Jay M. S. Founder, Leesburg Fibromyalgia/Resources Group
    Wow!

EVO 3D
    Bluetooth®

Bluetooth® 3.0 with with Enhanced Data Rate
    A2DP for wireless stereo headsets
    FTP and OPP (object push) for file transfer
    PBAP for phonebook access from the car kit
    Other supported profiles: AVRCP, GAP, GOEP, HFP, HID, HSP, MAP, SPP, SDAP

Audio supported formats:

Playback:.aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)

Video supported formats:

Playback:.3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3), .xvid (MP4 ASP and MP3)
    @OP: As much as I understood the ePrint-App is meant to print to your HP-ePrint enabled Printer over Internet (sending an Email).

But the Touchpad (and probably the Veer and the Pre 3) are supposed to "support EVERY HP Network printer" which I translate as: They baked the printer drivers into the OS, so that you can print from your Tablet/Phone as if it's a PC (over your ethernet). The ePrint would be only there to enable printing while you are not at home.
    Quote Originally Posted by vito-andolini View Post
    @OP: As much as I understood the ePrint-App is meant to print to your HP-ePrint enabled Printer over Internet (sending an Email).

But the Touchpad (and probably the Veer and the Pre 3) are supposed to "support EVERY HP Network printer" which I translate as: They baked the printer drivers into the OS, so that you can print from your Tablet/Phone as if it's a PC (over your ethernet). The ePrint would be only there to enable printing while you are not at home.
    I have a hp web printer and the app is great, don't need to email, just need wifi connection, pick a picture, press print and instantly picture starts to print.

EVO-LUTION 3D
    Global Posts
    354 Global Posts
    HP always coming out with the specs of phones that are already out there. Although Pre3 has some pretty decent specs, lets be real they should of came out with a 4G phone and even if it's not a lot of people that can use the 4G I gotta tell you perception goes a long way!
    - Sent from my HTC Evo 3D
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    Does anyone else read these comparisons and wonder what in God's name Hp/Palm is doing with the battery capacities they put into their devices?

1230 mAh? Really? 1150 on the Pre+ is ...usually... enough to get through a day. Pre 3's going to have a processor running twice as fast, powering a screen that's significantly larger, and they added less than 100 mAh to do it with?

I don't get it. The Atrix had room for a 1930 mAh, and even though it's lacking a physical keyboard, it's still an entire .2 inches thinner than the Pre 3.

As it stands, webOS is awesome. But for me, a phone like this needs more juice, period. There is nothing more infuriating to me than actively choosing not to use my phone because I doubt it'll still be able to send and receive calls up until I can get it back onto a charger at home. Add in to that the fact that webOS STILL has no subscription music options, while BB, iOS, and Android (AND freakin' original PalmOS!) ALL do, and I'm really starting to wonder about how intelligent my loyalty to Palm is.

The only thing that even makes me hesitate on the Atrix is the lack of a physical keyboard.

This is not at all what I had been dreaming about.
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast