Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Nicely done, I agree with H/P and Apple that we dont want to fight a spec war. But the difference between H/P and Apple is Apple when they come out with a new product, their specs are better than most phones and not just catching up with the last year models, like H/P does.
    HP is not using last years specs. It is using a processor that was not available last year and is super fast. How are the specs last year?

Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    The more I look at the EVO 3D rumors, the more impossible they seem. You can't improve every spec at the same time. You improve one or two.

Is it possible that the EVO 3D really will be twice as fast, twice the RAM, four times the ROM, four times the internal storage, 35% more pixels, and 15% larger battery? All at the same time? Really?

Note that Android Central said "supposedly" for these specs. This may just be wishful thinking. If it did make this big of a leap, would it be $300 on contract?
    I think it is possible. There are all ready phones with 1GB of ram, the snapdragon processor is of course the choice HTC would choose for the EVO 3D. Because the original EVO 4G used a snapdragon processor ... so why what would you think they would use? They could have used the snapdragon in the Pre 3 or the dual core snapdragon processor. So I just don't see why it is impossible that they would use these specs. Plus a bigger battery is a no brainier because the biggest complaint about the EVO 4G is the battery life.
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    wow, what can i say. Android you suck again! the amazing 2ghz processor and hd screen does jack for android performance. hear that? specs mean nothing when it comes to the smart phone race. its all about the operating system!!!
    webOS could sure take a lesson from what you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by barry1685 View Post
    specs mean nothing when it comes to the smart phone race. its all about the operating system!!!
    That explains why webOS devices currently dominate the smartphone market, doesn't it!
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Yah that doesn't seem very objective but eh. Lets just get the darn veer and pre3 so wwe can start making legite comparisons
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    Atrix has Blur on it. That slows down phones and Motorola really needs to stop using it!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by astraith View Post
    HP is not using last years specs. It is using a processor that was not available last year and is super fast. How are the specs last year?

I think it is possible. There are all ready phones with 1GB of ram, the snapdragon processor is of course the choice HTC would choose for the EVO 3D. Because the original EVO 4G used a snapdragon processor ... so why what would you think they would use? They could have used the snapdragon in the Pre 3 or the dual core snapdragon processor. So I just don't see why it is impossible that they would use these specs. Plus a bigger battery is a no brainier because the biggest complaint about the EVO 4G is the battery life.
    Other than the processor, everything else is last year, camera resolution, screen resolution, size, RAM, battery size, everything is last year brother. Infact Engadget is claiming Samsung S II mini will come out with the same processor before Pre- 3 does.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    Actually I am not even for a spec war, but what I want H/P to do is to make a phone with specs that outshine everyone at that time and leave it for a year, thats why EVO, iphone are so successful. If they had done what they did with the processor to all the components of pre-3 and left it like that for a year, I would have been proud of it, instead of saying I am buying pre-3 just cause of webOS
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  8.    #28  
    Is there a topic discussing the HTC EVO 3D and it's spec sheet? It has a 1.2 dual core Snapdragon processor, it has the same res of the iPhone 4, 1GB of ram. Android 2.3 and you can take 1080p video and 720p video in 3D (must have dual cameras in the back). I just think thats cool...
    Yes, there already is a topic discussing the HTC EVO 3D and it's spec sheet, in the same forum.

Here you go!

<<Merged.>>
    Other than the processor, everything else is last year, camera resolution, screen resolution, size, RAM, battery size, everything is last year brother. In fact Engadget is claiming Samsung S II mini will come out with the same processor before Pre- 3 does.
    There are a lot of phones and devices that have those same specs. The Nexus S is more of a "last year spec" phone then the Pre 3. And the battery size, really? None of the phones on this scale has a larger battery (although I think the newer rumor of EVO 3D is going to have a larger one). I do admit that the RAM is 512mb -- but then again, if thats a bad thing the iPad 2 should also be so last year. I mean, it has the same resolution as the iPad 1, same RAM as tablets of last year (although double of iPad 1) and the same battery life. I mean thats so last year right (being sarcastic of course).

Actually I am not even for a spec war, but what I want H/P to do is to make a phone with specs that outshine everyone at that time and leave it for a year, thats why EVO, iphone are so successful. If they had done what they did with the processor to all the components of pre-3 and left it like that for a year, I would have been proud of it, instead of saying I am buying pre-3 just cause of webOS
    The iPhone is not successful because of it's specs. It is successful because of the successful combination of style, marketing and iTunes (apps, music and videos). I don't hear a lot of iPhone users saying they have the best specs. It's mostly their apps.

Yes, there already is a topic discussing the HTC EVO 3D and it's spec sheet, in the same forum.

Here you go!

<<Merged.>>
    I didn't know this topic was discussing the EVO 3D. I thought it was a comparison thread lol.
    All the rumors seem to show HTC will use a different display than Motorola. I don't think that they have ever used the same displays. Would you share that link?

What source says that HTC will stop using 802 b/g/n for WiFi? Would you share that link?
    My bad. I thought I saw a link that showed wifi abg only. As for the screen. If it's qHD then I assume it's still a pentile screen? Thats just a guess.
    I troll the android forum and there are people complaining a lot about their Atrix... primarily those who came from iPhone 4, the rest don't know what they are missing. Lol.
  12.    #32  
    If Pre 3 does not come to Sprint ....
    I will have to get the HTC EVO 3D. So please Sprint and HP give me the Pre 3!
    ..I didn't know this topic was discussing the EVO 3D. I thought it was a comparison thread lol.
    This thread is about the Pre 3, EVO 3D, Atrix, and Thunderbolt and how they compare.
    Josh T has already abandoned it, and is back to using the iP4 as his main phone. The Atrix was supposed to be the one. Now, his never-ending search for the iPhone replacement continues.

The biggest knock against the Atrix 4G is that the 4G part is not implemented anywhere. AT&T refuses to turn it on, as does Bell, in Canada. For the second product in a row, Moto has left its main differentiators on the cutting room floor. In this case, the capability is in the phone, but it seems they forgot to negotiate with, and secure carrier partnerships for the feature. And people wander why Apple hasn't dived headlong into the 4G fray.
    if att wanted the Atrix to be the Iphone killer it would have been. It has all the potential in the world to be a killer device, bit it was hampered by corporate politics.

why over charge for the peripherals? Why skimp on the upload speeds? Its as if they WANTED uninspiring reviews and moderate sales...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhunterjr View Post
    if att wanted the Atrix to be the Iphone killer it would have been. It has all the potential in the world to be a killer device, bit it was hampered by corporate politics.

why over charge for the peripherals? Why skimp on the upload speeds? Its as if they WANTED uninspiring reviews and moderate sales...

What corporate politics? (that's a serious Q; I don't follow that level of details with carriers)

I know why they overcharge for peripherals though; its an easy way to accommodate price adjustments.

Apple has nearly all but said (in fact I think they outright said it) that their accessories - specifically the Smart Cover - subsidizes the low price on their base model, as do the higher models.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Josh T has already abandoned it, and is back to using the iP4 as his main phone. The Atrix was supposed to be the one. Now, his never-ending search for the iPhone replacement continues.

The biggest knock against the Atrix 4G is that the 4G part is not implemented anywhere. AT&T refuses to turn it on, as does Bell, in Canada. For the second product in a row, Moto has left its main differentiators on the cutting room floor. In this case, the capability is in the phone, but it seems they forgot to negotiate with, and secure carrier partnerships for the feature. And people wander why Apple hasn't dived headlong into the 4G fray.
    I blame AT&T for that, they likely screwed over their own customers. The iPhone 4 gets HSUPA speeds just fine I've read, so it's not really turned off. It's just that AT&T doesn't want it on until they are ready and in the meantime customers paying for the same data as iPhone users get slower speeds. I don't know what the deal is with Bell. But AT&T admitted fault through their stupid excuse.

AT&T's 4G masquerade | Dialed In - CNET Blogs

I believe I made a mistake earlier. iPhone 4 has HSUPA but not HSUPA+, which is the "4G" AT&T is advertising. But the people using the Atrix and Inspire can't even get that, even it's turned off.
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/22/2011 at 12:07 AM. Reason: removed something
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    It's not just AT&T. Of course, all carriers are evil. That's just the way it is. But in this case, Moto is also incompetent. They shouldn't have marketed a product that they knew the carrier wouldn't support. I smell class-action, and both Moto and the carriers have some answering to do. Both knew before hand that there would be no 4G for this phone.
    AT&T did the same thing to the HTC Inspire. It's clearly on their hands, because they are the ones marketing 4G on a 3.5G network then not even delivering the 3.5G because they don't feel like turning it on. And according to that article, people aren't even getting decent 3G speeds!!
    Last edited by The Phone Diva; 03/21/2011 at 11:53 PM. Reason: added something

Global Posts
    323 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sorli View Post
    Interesting...were you able to try it with its pairing dock and display/keyboard combo? Sorli...
    I hear that actually makes the experience worse, - and is definately not worth it for how much it costs.
    Peace, Freedom, Prosperity.

If you have a complaint/request relating to webOS please use the Feedback & Feature Requests Form at the official site.
    according to this (Engadget) the EVO 3D will have a 5 mp front camera rather then an 8 mp. The front camera will be 1.3. 1080p video recording, 720p 3D video recording.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast