Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I am seriously thinking about jumping ship after 10+ years with palm products and going to the iphone. Has anyone made the switch yet and care to share their experiences?
    iphones are nice - but definately don't buy now.
    wait till the pre3 and the iphone 5 is out

i have an ipod touch, and while it has some strengths over webos - it also has some restrictions.
    iOS is really excellent for games and if you have a psp or a DS you won't need them

oh, and notifications are horrible.

i couldn't make a descision to be honest.
    Get an ipod touch and a pre3
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    iphones are nice - but definately don't buy now.
    wait till the pre3 and the iphone 5 is out

i have an ipod touch, and while it has some strengths over webos - it also has some restrictions.
    iOS is really excellent for games and if you have a psp or a DS you won't need them

oh, and notifications are horrible.

i couldn't make a descision to be honest.
    Get an ipod touch and a pre3
    Ipod Touch, Freetether, and Pre 2 are the perfect match.
    I am also waiting for iPhone5 to jump to and will get the iPad2, rumors are that iPhone5 will have 4" display dual core.
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Agreed!
    Yea I DEFINITELY agree on the Pre 3 part. Apple has made some great innovations but I could care less about being a part of that ecosystem.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I am also waiting for iPhone5 to jump to and will get the iPad2, rumors are that iPhone5 will have 4" display dual core.
    3.8 or 4" in the same or close form factor by eliminating bezel.

I say go for it, never owned one myself buy my dad and brother love their 3g and 3gs)

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I am conflicted with the iphone 5, I love my Pre and hated my iphone 3g.
    But, I love my iPad 1, the integration with my non-carrier iphone is outstanding, and the number of apps. I am going to wait and watch.
    The Touchpad looks cool, the Pre 3 looks great but unless their is a surge in Webos apps, I might defect.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    That's rite, It's all in the apps @ the end. I'd like to bank with my phone, price compare is another one, transportation info?........ just for starters
    Quote Originally Posted by deihmos View Post
    I saw this guy take his iphone and took a picture of the board which then transribed all the notes.
    You'll probably get better grades than him, since information sinks in better when you're consciously transcribing it, than if you read someone else's notes (or notes a program prepared for you).
    Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    I have the iPod Touch (3G) and it was my first real experience with iOS...I love it! The one thing that I HATE about it though is syncing. What a pain! I'm actually scared every time i hook it up to sync because i have to jump through hoops to literally add one song or something. The whole proprietary thing is was outta hand! It is very stable, has A LOT of cool app's/games and is pretty intuitive as well, and that alone is pretty enticing. Then there is the notifications and multitasking, non existent as far as I'm concerned. It pales in comparison to webOS. That is what has mostly kept me on webOS (5th Sprint Pre) is the multitasking and notifications and synergy, it's badass (sums it up pretty good for me). Also, Sprint really is the cheapest carrier. I could pay the same thing I'm paying now on Sprint for the iPhone but would be capped on everything that is already included with Sprint and would also have to jailbreak the iPhone or buy an app to make up for some of the difference. I have almost gone to the iPhone 3 times already but can't seem to justify it quite yet. It seems like it's almost an everyday struggle...lol.
    I have to say though, I'm kind of losing patience with my Pre and HP. I've already been waiting for awhile just to hear news of new devices and then to hear they won't be coming out until the summer AND not even sure if they are coming to Sprint AND not getting 2.0.....it's getting old. And on top of all that, Sprint is now changing there upgrade options so i will lose my $150 upgrade until i reach my 22 months again (September). It's almost like they are forcing me to give up!
    Needless to say, I just got my 5th Pre replacement 2 weeks ago because of the USB port crack (leaking onto the screen) and the power button going out on me. I was lucky they replaced it for me. I'm hoping I can hold out until the Pre 3 is released....or something.

Confused and a little bitter,
    Shineon

Edit:
    I know there are some cool editions to 2.0 or higher, but another question is, is it really worth the wait at this point?
    At this point, its really all about jumping from one OS to another, and, in that regard, you really should, honestly, evaluate what your needs are, and then match them against the strengths and weakinesses of each OS and thier corresponding devices.

If its all about apps, then, I hate to say it, but for now, iOS is king.

If its about how you work and what you need your phone and tablet to do, then, you alrady know the WebOS basics, but, probably not much about iOS basics.. maybe trying an iPhone for a while would give you a better idea of just how it works for you?

You can't judge the TouchPad, Veer or Pre 3 now. The specs are impressive, and WebOS is always a positive, but, how they will actually perform is still anyone's guess currently; Palm wasnt the only company to come out with a great concept that was well recieved and then failed to impress in the actual implementation - I hope HP doesn't have this problem with the new devices, but, its a brand new situation for them, and, well, we just dont know, despite how well and superior their PCs and Laptops are.

Having said that, I myself have written a post here about the rumored iPhone 5, maybe having a vertical sliding keyboard and 4" screen.. and how that could be a game changer, even for users like me... so, for me, patience is the name of the game - I dont want to keep buying new phones every year, or changing platforms over and over again.

And, I definitely prefer how WebOS works, with a strong emphasis on that...

I hope that helps you a bit.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein