Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #161  
    connect Pre via USB cable to PC

setup usb0(on GNU/Linux) or rndis device(on Windows) to ip 192.168.0.200

open terminal(on GNU/Linux) or command prompt(on Windows) an type:
    telnet 192.168.0.202
    user is "root", without password

now you connected to Pre via telnet, enable Wifi in Android Settings and continue in terminal/command prompt:
    ifconfig eth0 up

aftet this, Android Settings Show scanned network and you can disconnect Pre from USB cable.
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/21/2011 at 12:46 AM. Reason: fix bad ip for pc
  2.    #162  
    blackmagic01: without wifi is standalone, with wifi see post above this. this use same kernel and rootfs as nfs installatin and all on first post is correct (only keyboard mapping is different, and this is noted in post with install script, and FAQ about don't use files on Pre), then you sure don't leave house and make calls with Android

what buttons you have working ? VolUp/Down, Mute, Center ?
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/21/2011 at 12:51 AM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Just to confirm what NuttyBunny did; I can't dual-boot on my Verizon Pre Plus running 2.1.0. I'll have to try a memboot in the morning, uninstall Bootr and redo the script again.
    Ok, just a little off-topic here. I must apologize to k3dar for my rude way of saying things, I have no right to critizise your work, I'm sorry, but this was one of the worst days ever.

So, back on topic, I'll try the memboot to see how it goes
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    blackmagic01: without wifi is standalone, with wifi see post above this. this use same kernel and rootfs as nfs installatin and all on first post is correct (only keyboard mapping is different, and this is noted in post with install script, and FAQ about don't use files on Pre), then you sure don't leave house and make calls with Android

what buttons you have working ? VolUp/Down, Mute, Center ?
    Thanks, i read parts of this thread a while ago but just checked back today when i saw it on the front page. So thanks for the information.

Yes. Vol, up, down, mute, and center all work. Only my power button is broken. i'm going to try and fix that. thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, just a little off-topic here. I must apologize to k3dar for my rude way of saying things, I have no right to critizise your work, I'm sorry, but this was one of the worst days ever.

So, back on topic, I'll try the memboot to see how it goes
    I have NO clue what you said but respect for being a big man or woman and apologizing. class. We all have tough days and these are tough times. They can be hard to get through. Chin up as they say. The days get better.
    I got the dual boot installed, but when I try to boot into Android it stops @ kernel panic. What is the step to do if it does this?
    Last edited by draztikrhymez; 04/21/2011 at 01:50 AM.
  8.    #168  
    NuttyBunny: i too not know that you say, but ok

weedalin: reinstall script don't help, this is not problem with script or with Bootr - If you can change to Android. Bootr show Android only if find kernel for Android, and webosinternals logo on Pre- go out 2s after kernel load (and driver init, init script, android system, all is loaded latter.)

blackmagic01: ok, i add MuteSwitchON as alternative button for boot
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    weedalin: reinstall script don't help, this is not problem with script or with Bootr - If you can change to Android. Bootr show Android only if find kernel for Android, and webosinternals logo on Pre- go out 2s after kernel load (and driver init, init script, android system, all is loaded latter.)
    So it is something screwy with the Pre Plus itself? Or is there no definite answer?
    I actually did get to choose Android with Bootr, but it just went back to the HP logo after the subsequent "Booting . . . " message and there was no Linux dialog after, as what happened in your video.

In any case, I'll still do the memboot and get webOS 2.1 working again.
    connect Pre via USB cable to PC

setup usb0(on GNU/Linux) or rndis device(on Windows) to ip 192.168.0.200

open terminal(on GNU/Linux) or command prompt(on Windows) an type:
    telnet 192.168.0.202
    user is "root", without password

now you connected to Pre via telnet, enable Wifi in Android Settings and continue in terminal/command prompt:
    ifconfig eth0 up

aftet this, Android Settings Show scanned network and you can disconnect Pre from USB cable.
    I am running this dual boot on my pre! I connect (android) Pre to my Windows machine and it does install an RNDIS driver, can you explain how to set the ip? Why do we set it to .200 and telnet to .202? Still trying to get WIFI working!

Thanks for all the hard work on this K3DAR!
  11.    #171  
    weedalin: for now is not answer for problem on Plus, i hope after code for android kernel will be published, then is relative simple find what is wrong.

CaliMark: 192.168.0.202 is already set on "Android usb network", and 192.168.0.200 you must set for "usb PC network card". Setting IP on Windows is in Networks (where you see your PC ethernet, Wifi, RNDIS network) right click on RNDIS, select Properties and change from DHCP to this IP, as netmask use 255.255.255.0. If you have problem then ask, now i type this from head.

Set IP on XP
    Set IP on Vista/7?
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/25/2011 at 06:30 PM. Reason: full IP address
  12.    #172  
    btw: about me work... i not have any with kernel or android(only based on howto on xda i add reboot to powermenu), i enhance bootr to multiboot, and AoP install script only do simple work without need know GNU/Linux command or need it on PC, because GNU/Linux is already in Pre. then thanks is to developers in china and Bootr author for his genial idea using standart bootloader.

i update post #100 with dualboot howto:

for Pre with broken Volumes and/or PowerButton is now posible use Center for switch OS, and MuteSwitchON to boot.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    weedalin: for now is not answer for problem on Plus, i hope after code for android kernel will be published, then is relative simple find what is wrong.
    Ok, I'll be patiently waiting and following this thread as we can get more information on what's wrong.
    i got it working just fine on my sprint pre, dual boot webos 2.1 and android. any way to get more features outta the android? can we get the phone to work? or at least wifi?

CaliMark: .202 is already set on "Android usb network", and .200 you must set for "usb PC network card". Setting IP on Windows is in Networks (where you see your PC ethernet, Wifi, RNDIS network) right click on RNDIS, select Properties and change from DHCP to this IP, as netmask use 255.255.255.0. If you have problem then ask, now i type this from head.

Set IP on XP
    Set IP on Vista/7?
    Thanks for the tips, got it working on WIFI! I tried to install an .apk and it says it needs an SD Card to install...don't the latest builds of android let you use internal storage for apps? Well again great fun to fool around with different OS in Dual Boot! Something I have always wanted to do! Thanks!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    I also get the Kernel panic error and android stops loading. Any word?
    blackmagic01: ok, i add MuteSwitchON as alternative button for boot
    cool. i may try it sometime when i get a chance. i still should try and fix my power button though.
    Quote Originally Posted by teabiscuit69 View Post
    i got it working just fine on my sprint pre, dual boot webos 2.1 and android. any way to get more features outta the android? can we get the phone to work? or at least wifi?
    WiFi works, see posts from k3dar. (You have to run "ifconfig eth0 up" via telnet.)
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I also get the Kernel panic error and android stops loading. Any word?
    Which model do you have? Pre/Pre Plus?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Will this work on a VZW Pre 2??
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbydharrell View Post
    Will this work on a VZW Pre 2??
    At this time not.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
Page 9 of 36 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast