Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #141  
    1. & 2. this is actual state
    3. wifi work, but for some reason don't out-of-box, is need over telnet: ifconfig eth0 up
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/20/2011 at 08:59 PM.
    Would it be possible to ask the devs to release the source? And what differences besides the ram/flash memory between the Pre and Pre plus?
    My volume rocker is broke. Can bootr.sh be edited to use the mute button or power button to select the OS instead of the VolUP/VolDown?
    Last edited by ASASEABAN; 04/20/2011 at 09:07 PM.
    ~~~Asaseaban~~~
    sorry for bothering u'all with my issue....
    couldnt run it...using novaterm...booted bootr...everything seems fine ,but when im loading android ,it stucks at the terminal commands with kernel panic,timout....anyone hve the same issue? looks very promising by the way ,always liked the idea of running webos with android

using pre- on 2.1.0
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    If people get behind this and make it stable and usable, that would be amazing. Good work everyone.
    When you say the install works using SDLTerminal, you mean from the device right? This is probably a stupid question...
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
  7.    #147  
    Quote Originally Posted by ASASEABAN View Post
    My volume rocker is broke. Can bootr.sh be edited to use the mute button or power button to select the OS instead of the VolUP/VolDown?
    you have 'patch' in PM answer, but i add this to next Bootr for sure, change to next OS via Center button
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deviloruim View Post
    sorry for bothering u'all with my issue....
    couldnt run it...using novaterm...booted bootr...everything seems fine ,but when im loading android ,it stucks at the terminal commands with kernel panic,timout....anyone hve the same issue? looks very promising by the way ,always liked the idea of running webos with android

using pre- on 2.1.0
    I get the same thing on a 1.4.5 Pre-. Kernel panic after "mount: cannot setup loop device: no such file or directory"
  9.    #149  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    When you say the install works using SDLTerminal, you mean from the device right? This is probably a stupid question...
    yes, on device. not tested on emulator :-D
  10.    #150  
    deviloruim & stubbs: please try run install script again in same way (without deleting files in android directory)
    Bah, I've been trying to dualboot in a Pre Plus and I haven't been able to do so.
    Y checked and everything is in place, bootr appears, but when I select android it just won't pass the static logo. And it does not run novacomd so I can't go inside and check :S
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    When the port becomes more stable and etc, how will we be able to upgrade? If we can't I'll just wait for it to get more stable before installing, I suppose
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
  13.    #153  
    Sk3lleton: upgrade will be simple, only run script (actual or updated) again after upgraded files will be on google-code

NuttyBunny: sorry, but i don't know what this debug, this is sure only kernel issue, but before kernel start initializing...
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    Sk3lleton: upgrade will be simple, only run script (actual or updated) again after upgraded files will be on google-code

NuttyBunny: sorry, but i don't know what this debug, this is sure only kernel issue, but before kernel start initializing...
    Well, hopefully you will be able to post your source files so we can see what is really the problem with the Pre Plus, because as rwhitby said, the hardware is the same, it only has more memory and more flash.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    1. & 2. this is actual state
    3. wifi work, but for some reason don't out-of-box, is need over telnet: ifconfig eth0 up
    I have this installed and seems to be working good! I am not sure how to get the WIFI working? I enabled it in settings....I need to telnet into my PRE/Android to enable?

Anyone give me a clue, would like to install some apps...haven't looked into it yet but how does the storage work out? if I wanted to transfer over some .APKs?

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  16.    #156  
    CaliMark: yes, is some problem with wifi enabling using Android Settings/Wireless/Wifi... and is need enable also using linux command using telnet from PC (terminal present in DevTools in Android not work for this)

installing apk not tested, i try look at this latter with mplayer apk

NuttyBunny: as i type to rwhitby, i not see code, me code is in Bootr git, and in AoP.sh.txt Source on google-code will be i hope next week.
    but try now this with pre in recovery:
    setenv bootargs "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait ro debug initcall_debug"
    setenv bootfile "uImage.usbnet"
    fsboot
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    deviloruim & stubbs: please try run install script again in same way (without deleting files in android directory)
    didn't help, trying NFS client method now.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    Got it working with NFS, don't know why it doesn't work with the on-device script. If I'm bored at work tomorrow I'll look into it.

Thanks for the work you've done, though, this is fun to play with! Now for better display drivers, digitizer drivers, and radios... :P

EDIT: didn't work, I got prematurely excited. Hung on Android logo.
    Last edited by stubbs; 04/21/2011 at 12:38 AM.
    CaliMark: yes, is some problem with wifi enabling using Android Settings/Wireless/Wifi... and is need enable also using linux command using telnet from PC (terminal present in DevTools in Android not work for this)

installing apk not tested, i try look at this latter with mplayer apk

NuttyBunny: as i type to rwhitby, i not see code, me code is in Bootr git, and in AoP.sh.txt Source on google-code will be i hope next week.
    but try now this with pre in recovery:
    setenv bootargs "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait ro debug initcall_debug"
    setenv bootfile "uImage.usbnet"
    fsboot
    So for those of us that have never used telnet before how do we enable wifi? Thanks again
    very cool. i must try this. But my stupid power button doesn't work very well. gonna have to try and fix that.

question. is this running when it's not plugged into usb? (like can you leave your house and make calls). And does it still, according the first post not have phone and sound?
    Can you download and run free android apps?
Page 8 of 36 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121318 ... LastLast