Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I think novacom/novaterm doesn't depend on Java.
  2.    #122  
    install using Terminus will be OK, yes exit at end, but if you see Bootr AND can change to Android, then is all installed OK..

i think... you hung on webosinternals logo answer some question in this thread about working on Pre Plus
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    i think... you hung on webosinternals logo answer some question in this thread about working on Pre Plus
    I don't think this is related to the Plus.

@innocentbystander: Did you get Android booted via USB (without dualboot)?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Mm, could be. That's a shame.
    If it turns out that the recovery script works on the Pre Plus, maybe others can test.
    @pcworld All the install methods I could use on my mom's computer without an administrator password (universal installer, wosqi 3.14) require java 6 which is incompatible with PPC macs. I could install the palm sdk but that needs an administrator password.
  5.    #125  
    pcworld: go back in thread innocentbystander have via USB same problem.

Script only work with files in /media/internal/android, resulted ext3 images is used for Android boot from this dir, no change partition.

Bootr is scriptbased and don't replace standart bootloader, in short: "change links to kernel and init script, and reboot". If in Bootr can change from webOS, then is Bootr sure installed OK, and kernel for Android is present in /boot.
  6.    #126  
  7.    #127  
    tested install using Terminus, and all ok (only Terminus exit after end of install)

edit:
    tested install using SDLTerminal, and all ok
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/20/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    That's great you guys got this to work. I haven't done this yet, but the things we can accomplish in this forum are amazing. Nice job.. I might try this once I have the time to go over the process.
    Terminus not tested, but if can change to Android, then is installed all ok.

I don't know why hung at webosinternals logo, but this is same as you have if you try NFS installation... is used same kernel.

What Pre you have ?
    Can you with boot into recovery and paste output of:
    novaterm
    <press enter>
    fsboot
    ?
    Hi k3dar...
    Mine doesn't work

I install it, I reboot, the loader appears, I select Android, goes back to the HP logo and it stays there.

I can go to recovery mode and restore it with no problems.

Here's my fsboot output:
    Code:
    ] fsboot
    loading file '/boot/uImage' to address 0x81000000
    parse_uimage:231: uimage 0x81000000
    Any ideas?
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  10.    #130  
    NuttyBunny: You have Pre Plus ?

Sorry for mistake, output not of fsboot, but of printenv (i fix this is original post too)
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/20/2011 at 12:30 PM.
    Android is everywhere!
    Last edited by tehtorq; 04/20/2011 at 03:40 PM.
    IAmA reddit - same reddit, webOS' looks
    Incoming! - Keep one step ahead of life's little curveballs.
    NuttyBunny: You have Pre Plus ?

Sorry for mistake, output not of fsboot, but of printenv (i fix this is original post too)
    Code:
    ] printenv
    T   chargebypass = 0
    T   framebuffer = 0x9f600000
        installer = trenchcoat
        checkbatt = 1
    T   klog_len = 0x100000
    T   klog_addr = 0x9ff00000
    T   logofile = boot/logo.tga
    T   bootaddress = 0x81000000
    T   bootfile = uImage
    T   bootfs = ext2
    T   bootdevice = mmc0p1
    T   bootargs-ramdisk = root=/dev/ram0 ramdisk=32768 ro
    T   bootargs = root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait ro
    T   bootconsole = tty1
    T   autoboot = fsboot
    Yep, Pre Plus, 2.1, what do we have to do to make it work?
    PM me if you like

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Is the source code to this available? Since it's based on the Linux kernel and the android open source project, it needs to be, yet the google code repository seems to be binaries only.
    very cool! I wonder if they will get a stable dual boot for the Pre2?
    This may be me being ignorant, but would it be possible to create virtual buttons instead of using the keyboard? Like Archos does with their products?

That would, personally, be preferable to using the keyboard.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Yes! I wish some people from PreCentral would work together with them, especially with this Android project.
    We have tried before. The biggest hurdle is usually due to source code not being released. For example, I don't see source code links in any of the posts in this thread. If there really isn't source code links (and I'm not just missing seeing them), then that would be a GPL license violation by the folks posting links to the binaries.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  17.    #137  
    rwhitby: i too not see code, but i hope will be publish on google-code soon. code for Bootr is available.
    Can you please confirm if webosinternal kernels is same for Pre and PrePlus ?
    rwhitby: i too not see code, but i hope will be publish on google-code soon. code for Bootr is available.
    I think it's something else, shoud we do some sort of debug? here?
    Don't worry, I'm not afraid of poking at my Plus' internals, but I've been trying to run it and I just can't :S

Can you PM how I could boot the android portion from the installer kernel?

Yes, the kernel is identical for Pre- and Pre+

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    thanks it worked. only thing is that android the screen flickers. thought it was my screen at first and paniced but its android. 2nd thing is that i wish i could access the usb portion so that i could use music.
    3rd. no wifi or data unfortunetly
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast