Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Hm, I'd love to try this. How "experimental" is all this? I'm familiar with recovering my pre, that's not a problem but I'd still prefer not to.
    @jwinn35: Please post things like this in seperate threads... (so we don't have to read this)

@k3dar: Thanks for your work!
    Maybe I'll try this with my Pre when I receive a Pre 2
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    I am testing if it is possible to do this installation process on phone using Terminus. Should be possible, right?
    Well apparently not. Installed using Terminus which quit after sh script finished. On reboot, I was greeted by the Bootr screen. Selected Android. Then it hung at the webosinternals logo. Pulled battery, rebooted. This time, Didn't even get to Bootr logo, just stayed at internals icon. As a wise man once said, oh ****. Any way for me to boot webOS again without having to doctor? Of course I'm willing to do so but I would like it to be a last resort as it would be a royal pain.
    That's why you shouldn't do this on your primary device...
    idk but maybe there's a way to restore the original bootloader.

Are you still able to get into recovery mode?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Yes, it was stupid, but I'm honestly not too fussed about it. A sacrifice I'm willing to make in the name of progress.
    I haven't tried this yet, but if I were able to get into recovery mode, what should I do?
    If you can't get into recovery mode that would mean that you wouldn't be able to easily use a webOS doctor...
    Put battery out, back in, hold volume up, press power button, when a screen with a USB image comes release volume up.
    If this screen comes that means that you are probably at least able to doctor easily, if not, look here and if you have no luck with this you could try to restore the bootloader, but all at your own risk!
    Before doing the second I would try to get some help/advices from Rod Whitby or others.
    Okay. I mean, I've doctored before, and I can use the wiki to figure put how to restore the bootloader. I was just wondering if there was any way specifically pertinent to this installation that would allow me to repair the bootloader without having to doctor... Not completely clueless. thanks for your help anyways, I will restore asap.
    If you only replace the bootloader with the standard one (without doctoring), maybe you can boot just normally into webOS. But idk what the script did (in things partitions and the like).
  10.    #110  
    innocentbystander:

1. go into recovery mode
    (BatteryOut/USBCableConnect/HoldVolUp/BatteryIn)

2. extract nova-installer-image-castle.uImage from webOSdoctor to YOUR dir
    (webOSdoctor.jar/resources/webOS.tar/nova-installer-image-castle.uImage)

3. put boot-fix.sh into YOUR dir

4. open command prompt, change path to YOUR dir, and paste this:
    Code:
    novacom boot mem:// <nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    Wait 1 minute and paste this:
    Code:
    novacom put file:///boot-fix.sh <boot-fix.sh.txt
    novacom run file:///boot-fix.sh
    after this, Bootr is uninstalled (with restore original files) and Pre reboot into webOS... tested with simulated your(i hope) situation

edit: after boot to webOS please attach here /media/internal/android/boot-fix.log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/23/2011 at 02:46 PM.
    Thank you sooooo much. If this fixes my phone I will try the install process again, confident in knowing that I have a recovery procedure. And then I can stop checking the forums from this damned iPhone.
  12.    #112  
    Terminus not tested, but if can change to Android, then is installed all ok.

I don't know why hung at webosinternals logo, but this is same as you have if you try NFS installation... is used same kernel.

What Pre you have ?
    Can you with boot into recovery and paste output of:
    novaterm
    <press enter>
    printenv
    ?
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/20/2011 at 12:12 PM. Reason: change to correct command
    Can someone make a video of Android on the Pre?
  14.    #114  
    Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    Can someone make a video of Android on the Pre?
    maybe i try with Palm Centro
    Installed this on a german palm pre minus with webos 2.1. Installs fine without problems. Android itself works. Only the screen is flicking a bit when going the menu etc
    Last edited by copystring; 04/20/2011 at 07:51 AM. Reason: webos version
    Quote Originally Posted by copystring View Post
    Installed this on a german palm pre minus. Installs fine without problems. Android itself is a bit works. Only the screen is flicking a bit when going the menu etc
    Dual-Boot or booting via USB?

@innocentbystander: Were you able to get back into webOS (without doctoring)?
    Dual booting.
    @k3dar: I actually haven't tried yet. This has given me an opportunity to take a break from messing with my phone... also, I will not have access to an intel Mac until tonight. It's a long story. I will test tonight (13-14 hours from now)
    However, in the meantime I would definitely recommend to everyone NOT to use Terminus.
  19.    #119  
    and What Pre you have ? this answer work also with PPC Mac, tested right now:
    i have "Pre minus GSM O2-DE"
    I know, it's just too much of a hassle to install novaterm without an up to date copy of Java, on an old computer that isnt mine. I'm on vacation right now.
    My dad is coming out here later than the rest of my family. He has a much newer Intel Mac that I will be able to ru tests on.
    And I have an AT&T Pre Plus running 2.1.
    Sorry to clutter this thread with my issues. Tonight I will report back and hopefully install Android successfully via novaterm.