Page 32 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2227282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    unixpsycho is on the project now?! this is great news
  2.    #622  
    right link to instruction
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Hmm. now I cant boot webOS. but Android ran fine. no Wifi for me tho.
    Try a battery pull and leave it off for like 10 minutes. Mine can only boot into webos now on cold boot. I have no idea why.

From the quick peek I took, it's a standard Palm kernel build. Which makes sense since Android kernel 2.6.36 in the github sources would not have the Sirlion drivers to get it booted. So I am puzzled at what is going on, short of a kexec happening when i'm not looking. I also don't see where their fork of AOSP is to remap all the driver sysfs into Android. I could have seen where most things can be easily remapped into Palm's hacked up kernel. where did that wifi driver come from? sd8686. I would kill for that if it's opensource!
    Yeah, This is definitely the case. It's also rather unfortunate, as it's going to make getting things working MUCH more difficult.

When I started out playing with this I was assuming that this was using the kernel from the OMAP-android project and the Sirlion stuff was bootstrapped off of the palm kernel during Init; but it is clearly a Palm kernel running Android, which is going to make 3d much less likely to happen.

It DOES make other things - phone, audio, etc - more likely. It also means power management is probably a non-starter.

This looks be be a deodexed build. Has an odex build worked? To get it booted on a Pre+ since the cache partition wouldnt need to be messed with. but again, I didnt get that far to really play with it so I could be way off. I'll load it up again when I put my Pre back together.
    I don't see why it wouldn't. I'm able to install oxed apps and they launch. I get lots of FC's on programs that access hardware, or rather access system API calls.

That might be a symptom of failure to implement certain API calls into the palm kernel or failure to write in a hook to redirect them. But since my Mandarin sucks, it's not like I can ask the devs, lol.

Unixpsycho -- I'm looking for where the system calls are being translated - I think that's going to be the key to fixing things that are broken - but there are going to be some libs that are just not going to work, and I'm pretty sure that the API frameworks are going need to be re-written.

I'm looking through the dalvik VM atm, because based off the way it behaves, the hack is there. Native/hybrid apps don't work at all, so it's most likely they hacked the VM container to point at the palm kernel and called it at that.

As a side project, I'm also trying to find a way to get root - that would be helpful.

- Evan
  4.    #624  
    unixpsycho: you try boot-fix ? this restore backup and set correct links, but i not test kexecing...

evanoliver: get root ? over telnet you have root, adb work over tcp here or for access from webOS/novacom use "sh AoP.sh wroot" or .... or what root you think ?
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    unixpsycho: you try boot-fix ? this restore backup and set correct links, but i not test kexecing...

evanoliver: get root ? over telnet you have root, adb work over tcp here or for access from webOS/novacom use "sh AoP.sh wroot" or .... or what root you think ?
    I meant from the device itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by evanoliver View Post
    I meant from the device itself.
    You need some sort of terminal program, the access is already open

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Is there a way to use the old bootr?
    Last edited by patrickc; 05/08/2011 at 10:47 PM.
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    First of all, this is really sweet. As much as I love and baby WebOS sometimes I get bored and it would be way sweet to have a little Android action too.

Is there any chance you would be able to incorporate the gesture area into the OS or would that take serious work?
    Quote Originally Posted by ursula View Post
    First of all, this is really sweet. As much as I love and baby WebOS sometimes I get bored and it would be way sweet to have a little Android action too.

Is there any chance you would be able to incorporate the gesture area into the OS or would that take serious work?
    I believe it would take some work to get the gesture bar to work in Android (as it is not supported at all currently) but I'm no kernel developer (yet). . .
    uNiXpSyChO?
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    It would be awesome. Back gesture for back, up gesture for menu, forward gesture for home. Easy enough?
  11.    #631  
    evanoliver: for root on device is need i think "only" fix some permisions, i try also SuperUser but don't work, from remote work su, but SuperUser don't ask for allowing if run some app (i try devtools or standalone terminal). anyway permismion in android is really strange, don't use /etc/passwd and permision is need setup from init.rc because in booted is users not available for chown...

patrickc: for older Bootr you can look here
    btw: for what reason you try back to older ?

ursula: theoretic is posible use gesture area, because this is only enlarged touchscreen, but is need write some android application or make change in android source for supporting this part touchscreen as buttons
    k3dar Are you sure problem is not bootr, I have read posts of people using the android bootr to dual boot shr having same problem(webos boots fine, shr hung on logo) some one should try flashing android to phone stand alone on pre plus ( since doctor can restore) it might load....
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    k3dar Are you sure problem is not bootr, I have read posts of people using the android bootr to dual boot shr having same problem(webos boots fine, shr hung on logo) some one should try flashing android to phone stand alone on pre plus ( since doctor can restore) it might load....
    No, it's not bootr, it doesn't even touch the init file when loading. It crashes earlier (I've tried) :/

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Man, I played with Android 2.2.2 on my newly acquired Motorola Droid last night for a few hours and it almost made me sick! Makes me second guess this initiative...
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    wow did development on this just stop all together?
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by darkproteus66 View Post
    wow did development on this just stop all together?
    Well, k3dar is not the developer.
    I assume development continues in some chinese forum

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, k3dar is not the developer.
    I assume development continues in some chinese forum
    Ahh ok makes sense, things have just been mighty quiet on this thread as of late
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  18.    #638  
    can please someone with webOS 1.4.5 installed confirm that latest testing Bootr (with countdown) work well ?
    it didnt work for me and I have 1.4.5 and I tried 10 times or so
  20.    #640  
    Quote Originally Posted by VivAva View Post
    i did it again with no errors at all and I used the old Bootr and now just sits at boot like it did the first time.
    Quote Originally Posted by VivAva View Post
    it didnt work for me and I have 1.4.5 and I tried 10 times or so
    But you have problem with all Bootr... you try with stock kernel as mentioned in your previous msg ?