Page 31 of 36 FirstFirst ... 212627282930313233343536 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by evanoliver View Post
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $OMAP$ $in$ $the$ $Pre$ $isn$'$t$ $use$ $in$ $any$ $android$ $devices$ $so$ $there$ $is$ $no$ &$quot$;$native$&$quot$; $android$ $kernel$ $to$ $borrow$ $from$.
    Texas Instruments OMAP - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I think he compiles his own kernel. Can the progress (albeit small) made with SHR help? They've managed to at least talk to the modem and I think they can send and receive sms
    If they're talking to the modem they could "probably" make phone calls too. The real issue is that phone calls are useless without access to the audio coprocessor. The biggest issue will be power management; android sort of sucks at it as it is, and until we have working drivers the battery will drain way to fast for anything workable.

I'd say if we wanted to we could probably get:

audio
    usb
    simulated sdcard mapped to ext3.img on /media/internal
    EV-DO
    wifi

all working with what we have now.

BUT -

unless HP feels like throwing a bone our way,

opengl/3d
    multitouch
    camera
    flash
    bluetooth
    power management
    accelerometer
    gesture area

-- those are all probably never going to work. Just no info for drivers.

ATM i'm working on finding a working solution to 1xrtt modem access in android so we can have basic connectivity. Then i'll start working on the audio.

- Evan
    Quote Originally Posted by evanoliver View Post
    If they're talking to the modem they could "probably" make phone calls too. The real issue is that phone calls are useless without access to the audio coprocessor. The biggest issue will be power management; android sort of sucks at it as it is, and until we have working drivers the battery will drain way to fast for anything workable.

I'd say if we wanted to we could probably get:

audio
    usb
    simulated sdcard mapped to ext3.img on /media/internal
    EV-DO
    wifi

all working with what we have now.

BUT -

unless HP feels like throwing a bone our way,

opengl/3d
    multitouch
    camera
    flash
    bluetooth
    power management
    accelerometer
    gesture area

-- those are all probably never going to work. Just no info for drivers.

ATM i'm working on finding a working solution to 1xrtt modem access in android so we can have basic connectivity. Then i'll start working on the audio.

- Evan
    mmm... have you checked Welcome to opensource.palm.com - Palm ?

From what I can see, there are sources for:
    The kernel, and its corresponding included modules (I think the Palm filesystem contains the kernel config)
    alsa/pulseaudio/gstreamer (sound), I suppose alsa has the low level audio driver
    Camera Driver (camsrc-omap36xx)
    palmadpcmdecoder (would this work?)

I could swear I had seen some bluetooth stuff, but I don't remember.

In the kernel configuration, I can see:
    Power management stuff on Pre 2 (There has to be something similar on the Pres)
    CONFIG_OMAP_SMARTREFLEX=y
    CONFIG_OMAP_SMARTREFLEX_v15=y
    CONFIG_OMAP3_PM=y
    CONFIG_AUTO_POWER_DOMAIN_CTRL=y
    (and several other options, I don't know if they're in Palm's patches or in the vanilla kernel sources)
    CONFIG_PM_SLEEP=y
    CONFIG_WAKE_SOURCES=y
    CONFIG_SUSPEND_UP_POSSIBLE=y
    CONFIG_SUSPEND=y
    CONFIG_SKIP_SYNC_ON_SUSPEND=y
    CONFIG_BATTERY_FASTPATH=y

Networking, as we know, is managed via loadable modules, and at least wifi works
    Funny thing:
    CONFIG_BT is not set
    but
    CONFIG_WIRELESS_EXT=y
    CONFIG_WLAN_80211=y

Now, we also have, perhaps for the modem (the lower 3)
    CONFIG_OMAP_VIBRATOR=y
    CONFIG_PALM_QC_MODEM_HANDSHAKING_SUPPORT=y
    CONFIG_OMAP_MISC_HSUART=y
    CONFIG_HSUART_LOG_EVENTS=y

Input drivers:
    CONFIG_KEYBOARD_MAXIM7359=y
    CONFIG_INPUT_TOUCHSCREEN=y
    CONFIG_TOUCHSCREEN_CY8MRLN=y
    CONFIG_HSDL9100_PROX_SENSOR=y
    CONFIG_LIGHTSENSOR_AMBIENT6200=y
    CONFIG_ACCELEROMETER_KXSD9=y
    CONFIG_ACCELEROMETER_KXTE9=y <---- Maybe ??

I2C:
    CONFIG_I2C_OMAP=y
    CONFIG_I2C_OMAP34XX_HS_BUS1=400
    CONFIG_I2C_OMAP34XX_HS_BUS2=100
    CONFIG_I2C_OMAP34XX_HS_BUS3=400

CONFIG_TWL4030_CORE=y
    CONFIG_TWL4030_DBG_SYSFS=y
    CONFIG_TWL4030_IRQ_PRIO=26
    CONFIG_TWL4030_MADC=y
    CONFIG_TWL4030_USB=y
    CONFIG_TWL4030_USB_HS_ULPI=y

Video for Linux (And I think the userland driver is also on the opensource page)
    CONFIG_VIDEO_DEV=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L1_COMPAT=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_V4L2=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_CAPTURE_DRIVERS=y

CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAPPE=y

# OMAP V4L2 drivers (Palm edition)
    #
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP24XX_VIDEOLIB=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP24XX_VIDEOOUT=y
    # CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP24XX_TVOUT is not set <-- booo
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP34XX_VIDEOBUF=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP34XX_V4L2=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP34XX_ISP=y
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP34XX_ISP_IDIOSYNCRATIC=y
    # CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP34XX_ISP_PREVIEW_RED_PHASE is not set
    CONFIG_VIDEO_OMAP34XX_ISP_DBG=y

More interesting things:
    CONFIG_LEDS_TPS6025X=y
    CONFIG_LEDS_TPS6105X=y
    CONFIG_LEDS_TPS6105X_DBG=y
    CONFIG_LEDS_MAXIM8831=y
    CONFIG_LEDS_LP8501=y
    CONFIG_LEDS_LP8501_DBG=y

I'm no kernel driver programmer, but I think the only thing that could be missing is openGL, multitouch and bluetooth, as I think everything else is there, it only has to be digged out from the sources
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    A person to get on board for this would be the guy thats making all the custom kernels. he goes by uNiXpSyChO, talk to him and maybe he can help out
    how can i install some app on android port?
    Quote Originally Posted by olikua View Post
    how can i install some app on android port?
    This is still in testing phase only. You can't.
    Due to the cancellation of the penny, I no longer give 2 about anything. I may however, give a nickel
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    This is still in testing phase only. You can't.
    Yes, he can.
    He just have to read the thread.

The instructions are there, there are two methods.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    I've heard my name used in vain...

How may I be of assistance?
    Live free or DIE!
  9.    #609  
    Or at least "more info" link in Changes part on #100 ...
  10.    #610  
    unixpsycho: actualy if you can please look at android-on-pre source, if you find what is wrong on PrePlus (kernel hung on bootie logo)

btw: i not make this source, this is work of chinese devs who started this project.
    based on msg from dev is as base used source 1.4.5+pre, but for me look more like 2.1+preplus
    Last edited by k3dar; 05/07/2011 at 11:19 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    Or at least "more info" link in Changes part on #100 ...
    No, they have to read the thread. This is in a testing phase, we can't just throw away prizes

Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    unixpsycho: actualy if you can please look at android-on-pre source, if you find what is wrong on PrePlus (kernel hung on bootie logo)
    Ok. I have purposely stayed away from Android development but I can take a look to see what's broken. Gotta get my poor beat-up Pre- ready for this so I can see the boot process.
    Live free or DIE!
  13.    #613  
    evanoliver: sure is also problem in kernel source and/or config used for build, but
    i think many problems is on Android side, actual rootfs is from Android source without any modification for Pre...

on kernel side work leds, lcd & keyboard backlight, keyboard slider check, cpu scalling.. is registered events for headset detect, gpio keys, maxim_keypad, hsdl9100 profimity, temt6200_light, kxsd9_accelerometer
    sound card is present, but i actualy don't try with some general testing arm userspace

you can use adb with Pre...
    I found this in the boot folder i think it would help
    Btw it was on my 2.1 pre-
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Quote Originally Posted by tayler900 View Post
    I found this in the boot folder i think it would help
    Btw it was on my 2.1 pre-
    yep, it's the file from which I posted my linea before

16.    #616  
    btw: config for booted kernel is available via procfs in webos or android ofcourse
    zcat /proc/config.gz
    Hmm. now I cant boot webOS. but Android ran fine. no Wifi for me tho.

I cant even memboot another kernel. something got hosed with webOS and the init process. oh well, to the Doctor I go again...

From the quick peek I took, it's a standard Palm kernel build. Which makes sense since Android kernel 2.6.36 in the github sources would not have the Sirlion drivers to get it booted. So I am puzzled at what is going on, short of a kexec happening when i'm not looking. I also don't see where their fork of AOSP is to remap all the driver sysfs into Android. I could have seen where most things can be easily remapped into Palm's hacked up kernel. where did that wifi driver come from? sd8686. I would kill for that if it's opensource!

This looks be be a deodexed build. Has an odex build worked? To get it booted on a Pre+ since the cache partition wouldnt need to be messed with. but again, I didnt get that far to really play with it so I could be way off. I'll load it up again when I put my Pre back together.
    Last edited by unixpsycho; 05/07/2011 at 03:43 PM.
    Live free or DIE!
    Quote Originally Posted by unixpsycho View Post
    Hmm. now I cant boot webOS. but Android ran fine. no Wifi for me tho.
    Well, for wifi to work, I use the usb cable, telnet to it (192.168.0.200), and then run ifconfig eth0 up just after I turn on wifi. Works every time

I cant even memboot another kernel. something got hosed with webOS and the init process. oh well, to the Doctor I go again...
    How did you manage to break webOS? hahahaha... bootr was supposed to take care if this pretty well
    If uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 is still in /boot (/dev/mmcblk0p2) and sbin/init.backup.bootr is there, you can remap uImage to uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 and either link init to init.backup.bootr or overwrite it... but, if it doesn't boot webOS, well, something else may be wrong there

From the quick peek I took, it's a standard Palm kernel build. Which makes sense since Android kernel 2.6.36 in the github sources would not have the Sirlion drivers to get it booted. So I am puzzled at what is going on, short of a kexec happening when i'm not looking. I also don't see where their fork of AOSP is to remap all the driver sysfs into Android. I could have seen where most things can be easily remapped into Palm's hacked up kernel. where did that wifi driver come from? sd8686. I would kill for that if it's opensource!

This looks be be a deodexed build. Has an odex build worked? To get it booted on a Pre+ since the cache partition wouldnt need to be messed with. but again, I didnt get that far to really play with it so I could be way off. I'll load it up again when I put my Pre back together.
    Ok, you really lost me here

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Well, for wifi to work, I use the usb cable, telnet to it (192.168.0.200), and then run ifconfig eth0 up just after I turn on wifi. Works every time

How did you manage to break webOS? hahahaha... bootr was supposed to take care if this pretty well
    If uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 is still in /boot (/dev/mmcblk0p2) and sbin/init.backup.bootr is there, you can remap uImage to uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430 and either link init to init.backup.bootr or overwrite it... but, if it doesn't boot webOS, well, something else may be wrong there

Ok, you really lost me here
    hehe. I wasnt too worried about wifi. I was just browsing around. then noticed a different wifi driver. i want it. cuz that's the only binary blob in webOS that keeps me from building the latest linux kernel.

I think something got hosed up in the init process as it boots the webOS kernel and i can novaterm in but then it just reboots on me. not a big deal, I must have had my Pre too modified to handle what bootr does to make it dual boot.

I just wanted to browse the source of this android port to see what's been changed. If it boots the Palm kernel then it should be relatively easy to map things or change the Palm kernel to make android happy. but having a 2.6.36 kernel tree when it doesnt use it confuses me. having the full source I can build the entire thing then see where things bomb. I suppose I can just git clone AOSP myself and build a boot.img with the palm kernel and go from there.
    Live free or DIE!
    I just wanted to browse the source of this android port to see what's been changed. If it boots the Palm kernel then it should be relatively easy to map things or change the Palm kernel to make android happy. but having a 2.6.36 kernel tree when it doesnt use it confuses me. having the full source I can build the entire thing then see where things bomb. I suppose I can just git clone AOSP myself and build a boot.img with the palm kernel and go from there.
    Source Checkout - android-on-pre - Android on Palm Pre - Google Project Hosting

The source code's supposed to be there, and k3dar's instructions on that:

http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ml#post2948356