Page 30 of 36 FirstFirst ... 202526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    yeah that may be a good idea, but thanks for helping me as much as you could. Maybe my pre isnt compatible?
    Yeah I even tried it again and watched the log go with no errors and thats with wifi on (before I had 3g on) but then restarted phone when prompt and it just does the same stay at web os picture and then go to 3,2,1 countdown and then freeze.
  3.    #583  
    VivAva: if for restore webOS boot you use boot-fix.sh from #110, please attach here /media/internal/android/boot-fix.log

many errors in first half of novaterm log:
    /bin/sh: cd: can't cd to /media/internal/android
    is because you don't create "android" directory on Pre USB.
    (full path on Pre is /media/internal/android, but if connect Pre as USBMassStorage, then /media/internal is hiden for your PC and you must create only android directory)

in second half of log is not errors, but is REALLY strange
    look that is running many step in many cycle but in fact script doing all step only onetime...
    maybe i only see wrong text in code in your post, i try on three www browser, but all is same...

can you please do installation again in clear window, with android dir in right place and paste output again? must look like this:

Code:
    $ novaterm
    root@palm-webos-device:/# cd /media/internal/android
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/android# sh AoP.sh all

Download Bootr...
    Connecting to cloud.github.com (216.137.61.131:80)

Download Android kernel uImage.usbnet...
    Connecting to android-on-pre.googlecode.com (74.125.43.82:80)

Download Android rootfs part mix.tar.00...

Download Android rootfs part mix.tar.01...

Try download remixfiles.tar.gz for remixing...

Prepare data.ext3 for store Android Data

Join mix.tar.00 and mix.tar.01 to mix.tar...

Extract system.ext3 from mix.tar...

Prepare boot.ext3 for store Android Boot

Extract other files from mix.tar to boot.ext3...

Found remixfiles.tar.gz, unpack to mounted boot and system images...
    mix/
    mix/system/
    mix/system/usr/
    mix/system/usr/keylayout/
    mix/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl
    mix/system/framework/
    mix/system/framework/android.policy.jar
    mix/system/framework/framework.jar

[I] application for install in /media/internal/android/install not found...

Install uImage.usbnet to /boot

Installing Bootr...
     Backing up /boot/sbin/init...
      [OK] backup init.backup.bootr already exists.
     Create Bootr bootscripts from patches on 2x...
    patching file /boot/sbin/init.android.bootr
      [OK] init.android.bootr
    patching file /boot/sbin/init.bootr
      [OK] init.bootr
    patching file /boot/sbin/init.shr.bootr
      [OK] init.shr.bootr
    patching file /boot/sbin/init.webos.bootr
      [OK] init.webos.bootr
    patching file /boot/bootr/bin/init.sh
      [OK] init.sh
     Linking Bootr init...
      [OK] Linked init -> init.bootr
    Wait for sync disk writes...
    Done. You can now reboot into Bootr.
    root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/android#
    Okay I will and why it looks strange is because I by accident pasted whatever I was doing at work into the novaterm window and it outputted it. I will do fresh install now and post the new log
    and a note the latest time I did it I created the android folder correctly but will do it all again
  6.    #586  
    after install, and reboot, try not wait for countdown, and boot webOS yourself using PowerButton, this test if buttons in Bootr work for you.
    its downloading all the stuff now at mix.tar.00 right now and will press the power when booting.
    Heres my log:
    Code:

root@palm-webos-device:/media/internal/android# sh AoP.sh all                                                                                                                                             

Download Bootr...                                                                                                                                                                                         
    Connecting to cloud.github.com (216.137.33.17:80)                                                                                                                                                         
    bootr-0.4-nofob1.tar 100% |*******************************|   250k --:--:-- ETA                                                                                                                           

Download Android kernel uImage.usbnet...                                                                                                                                                                  
    Connecting to android-on-pre.googlecode.com (74.125.159.82:80)                                                                                                                                            
    uImage.usbnet        100% |*******************************|  2281k 00:00:00 ETA                                                                                                                           

Download Android rootfs part mix.tar.00...                                                                                                                                                                
    mix.tar.00           100% |*******************************| 81920k 00:00:00 ETA                                                                                                                           

Download Android rootfs part mix.tar.01...                                                                                                                                                                
    mix.tar.01           100% |*******************************| 53620k 00:00:00 ETA                                                                                                                           

Try download remixfiles.tar.gz for remixing...                                                                                                                                                            
    remixfiles.tar.gz    100% |*******************************|  3056k 00:00:00 ETA                                                                                                                           

Prepare data.ext3 for store Android Data                                                                                                                                                                  

Join mix.tar.00 and mix.tar.01 to mix.tar...                                                                                                                                                              

Extract system.ext3 from mix.tar...                                                                                                                                                                       

Prepare boot.ext3 for store Android Boot                                                                                                                                                                  

Extract other files from mix.tar to boot.ext3...                                                                                                                                                          

Found remixfiles.tar.gz, unpack to mounted boot and system images...                                                                                                                                      
    mix/                                                                                                                                                                                                      
    mix/system/                                                                                                                                                                                               
    mix/system/usr/                                                                                                                                                                                           
    mix/system/usr/keylayout/                                                                                                                                                                                 
    mix/system/usr/keylayout/qwerty.kl                                                                                                                                                                        
    mix/system/framework/                                                                                                                                                                                     
    and the power button doesnt do anything. just goes to the coutdown
    the log got cut off but it said it was done and I had to reboot
    Well now its not booting into recovery mode, so I may have to doctor it and then try again after that. dam
  12.    #592  
    boting into recovery mode simple MUST work. You use info in #110 ?

edit:
    can anyone with installed latest Bootr (with countdown) confirm if this work on Pre- 1.4.5 ?
    I got it to recover(something to do with my usb port not working, tried another and its working) Was there more success with older Bootr without the countdown? Because I did it 3 times since my last post and still nothing at all
  14.    #594  
    if for restore webOS boot you use boot-fix.sh from #110, please attach here /media/internal/android/boot-fix.log (complete, not cutoff

i don't know if current work on 1.4.5, you can try use older Bootr, changing bootr-0.4-nofob1.tar.gz to bootr-0.3-nofob3-5.tar.gz in AoP.sh script and (if you don't remove android dir from previous test) run in novaterm only:
    Code:
    sh AoP.sh un-bootr
    sh AoP.sh in-bootr
    This complete uninstall and again install Bootr

edit: you maybe can try install stock webOS kernel for sure..
    Last edited by k3dar; 05/05/2011 at 01:46 PM.
    Heres the non cut off version of my boot-fix.log

Code:
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       955844 May  1  2011 System.map-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr 29  2011 bin
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        54908 Jun 14  2010 boot.bin
    drwxr-xr-x    6 luna     luna         4096 May  2  2011 bootr
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root        46099 May  1  2011 config-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Mar 19  2011 dev
    drwxr-xr-x    3 root     root         4096 Mar 19  2011 etc
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Apr 29  2011 lib
    drwx------    2 root     root        16384 Mar 19  2011 lost+found
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Mar 19  2011 proc
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Mar 19  2011 realroot
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 May  5  2011 sbin
    drwxr-xr-x    2 root     root         4096 Mar 19  2011 sys
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           30 Jan  1 00:00 uImage -> uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root      1976896 May  1  2011 uImage-2.6.24-palm-joplin-3430
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root      2335936 May  5  2011 uImage.usbnet
    drwxr-xr-x    5 root     root         4096 Mar 19  2011 usr
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           10 May  5  2011 init -> init.bootr
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2506 May  5  2011 init.android.bootr
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1589 Mar 19  2011 init.backup.bootr
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1599 May  5  2011 init.bootr
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         2318 May  5  2011 init.shr.bootr
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1617 May  5  2011 init.webos.bootr
    lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           14 Mar 19  2011 pivot_root -> ../bin/busybox
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 root     root         1306 May  5  2011 init.sh
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 luna     luna         4141 Apr 18  2011 install.sh
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 luna     luna         1172 May  2  2011 rebootr.sh
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 luna     luna          145 Jan  1 00:03 set-bootr.sh
    -rwxr-xr-x    1 luna     luna          313 May  2  2011 timeout.sh
    i did it again with no errors at all and I used the old Bootr and now just sits at boot like it did the first time.
  17.    #597  
    files in your boot-fix log is ok

hung on logo (as you have for loading webOS without Bootr) or on webOS screen in Bootr ?

maybe you can really try with stock webOS kernel
    kernel for webOS is used for Bootr

edit:
    i now have tested install and running actual Bootr (with countdown) under stock 1.4.5 kernel and work fine
    Okay because I do have a none standard kernel with web os, I will delete and go stock then try again.
    k3dar -

I've been playing with "borrowing" various android drivers from devices with similar hardware to the pre, but everything KPs on boot. Are you by chance using the android kernel from the OMAP android project or did you compile from source?

I'm an android dev and I have to say that unless we find someone who develops device drivers for a living and can get dev documentation as to the hardware calls of each chip (cpu, video, etc) the chances of ever making this "useable" are slim to none. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $OMAP$ $in$ $the$ $Pre$ $isn$'$t$ $use$ $in$ $any$ $android$ $devices$ $so$ $there$ $is$ $no$ &$quot$;$native$&$quot$; $android$ $kernel$ $to$ $borrow$ $from$.

- Evan
    Quote Originally Posted by evanoliver View Post
    k3dar -

I've been playing with "borrowing" various android drivers from devices with similar hardware to the pre, but everything KPs on boot. Are you by chance using the android kernel from the OMAP android project or did you compile from source?

I'm an android dev and I have to say that unless we find someone who develops device drivers for a living and can get dev documentation as to the hardware calls of each chip (cpu, video, etc) the chances of ever making this "useable" are slim to none. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK $the$ $OMAP$ $in$ $the$ $Pre$ $isn$'$t$ $use$ $in$ $any$ $android$ $devices$ $so$ $there$ $is$ $no$ &$quot$;$native$&$quot$; $android$ $kernel$ $to$ $borrow$ $from$.

- Evan
    I think he compiles his own kernel. Can the progress (albeit small) made with SHR help? They've managed to at least talk to the modem and I think they can send and receive sms
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg