Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 182324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    not to hijack the thread(this is the only thread for SHR I have ever seen:search returns 14 results but this is the only relevant one), but when I follow this walkthrough, after the script reboots my Pre+ into recovery mode, I get the following error:
    Code:
    Rebooting your device in recovery mode...
    Done!
    Extracting webos doctor ...
    /bin/sh: jar: not found
    make: *** [build/unpacked-doctor/resources/.unpacked] Error 127
    the doctor for my 2.1.0 Pre+ IS in the downloads folder like it says. Any ideas?
    Ok, First of all, you really should create a new thread to talk about SHR, since this is Android related, and ask a moderator to move the relevant posts over there.

Second, I hope you understand what you're doing and not just throwing yourself to see what happens and ask questions once your Pre doesn't boot.

From what I unsderstand from that page, you'll create a new webOS Doctor which will wipe your installation, and delete everything on your device to accommodate SHR. Are you aware of this?

Also, if you had ever done a Meta Doctor before, you should already know the naming conventions for the downloaded webOS Doctors and the way to invoke them.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, First of all, you really should create a new thread to talk about SHR, since this is Android related, and ask a moderator to move the relevant posts over there.

Second, I hope you understand what you're doing and not just throwing yourself to see what happens and ask questions once your Pre doesn't boot.

From what I unsderstand from that page, you'll create a new webOS Doctor which will wipe your installation, and delete everything on your device to accommodate SHR. Are you aware of this?

Also, if you had ever done a Meta Doctor before, you should already know the naming conventions for the downloaded webOS Doctors and the way to invoke them.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    my apologies. have done as you asked.
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Any updates on progress?
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Any updates on progress?
    what kind of progress?
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    For example something new about android on Pre 2?
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    For example something new about android on Pre 2?
    And pre+ might as well try and kill two birds with one stone. If they find out how to make it work for one in theory it should be very easy to make it work for the other.
    Last edited by yroc1234; 05/01/2011 at 11:49 AM.
    Just a little thanks/report. Successfully installed on pre - webos 2.1, o2-uk, uberkernel 500/800. Build works but crashes quite frequently, wifi working wpa2. Thanks for all the great work.
    Any updates on progress?
    Ok, it's not like the developers are getting paid for doing an Android for Pre.
    I'm pretty sure they're doing this for fun in their spare time. I don't really think their ultimate goal is to make everything work, as I feel it's more like a proof of concept.

If you want to make it work, well, download the sources, compile, test, change, recompile, retest, update your patches, etc, etc, etc.

Or, be patient until the devs have something new to show and stop asking when there will be a new update.

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Ok, it's not like the developers are getting paid for doing an Android for Pre.
    I'm pretty sure they're doing this for fun in their spare time. I don't really think their ultimate goal is to make everything work, as I feel it's more like a proof of concept.

If you want to make it work, well, download the sources, compile, test, change, recompile, retest, update your patches, etc, etc, etc.

Or, be patient until the devs have something new to show and stop asking when there will be a new update.
    LOL, no one is not being patient, I think you need to chill out. I asked about any progress and that is all. I didn't demand in all caps freaking out about when will this work when will that work. I know how it goes with development and was just wondering, I would have been fine with no answer at all since I know it takes time and work.
    LOL, no one is not being patient, I think you need to chill out. I asked about any progress and that is all. I didn't demand in all caps freaking out about when will this work when will that work. I know how it goes with development and was just wondering, I would have been fine with no answer at all since I know it takes time and work.
    hehehe
    yes, I know, I also want this to work, I need it to access the modem so I can reverse engineer whatsapp

LOL

Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Totally Agree
  12.    #552  
    Updated AoP.sh on #100

Changes:

in AoP.sh:
    - updated link to new Bootr
    - added 'plugins' support for testing or future

in Bootr:
    - now autostart webOS after 15s without pressing button.
    - support rootfs for Android on own LVM partition (and for SHR on USB via ext3 images)

in Android:
    - nothing

For update, redownload AoP.sh and run: "sh AoP.sh in-bootr"
    I broke Android/Bootr earlier, but I'm running the cmd's now to fix it. Will update on progress.
    I would also like to help get this working on the Pre2/Pre+. How would I go about getting it even on there?
    It errors out instantly, telling me that its only compatible with the Palm Pre. I have not tried to get this working on my Pre+ yet, will update when I have
    Last edited by patrickc; 05/02/2011 at 09:33 PM.
    I haven't done this but i think it's interesting which is why i occasionally check in. But i'm not very technical and know zero about coding. I have checked in here several times and it's a bit difficult to follow you guy's progress probably cause much of the discussion is beyond me.

If i could make a suggestion. Maybe someone could update the first page with lists of features that work and don't work. Maybe stuff that's under development or not possible. Something like listing the android key features or whatever and just list if it's functioning. That way people that come to the thread have easy first place to look for progress.

Like:
    Voice commands: not functioning
    App Catalog: functioning
    Calls over 3G: Not functioning,
    Bluetooth: blah blah blah

Anyways, it's just a thought. Either way i'll keep checking and try to see if i can make sense of developments. Thanks. good work and good luck.
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    in Bootr:
    - now autostart webOS after 15s without pressing button.
    - support rootfs for Android on own LVM partition (and for SHR on USB via ext3 images)
    Thanks, for the update, I liked the countdown!! Made my day! Wasn't expecting that!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    blackmagic01:
    Display/touchscren driver work
    Some apps work
    WiFi works (see instructions for that)
    Android Market doesn't work

And as far as I know everything else does not work.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    blackmagic01:
    Display/touchscren driver work
    Some apps work
    WiFi works (see instructions for that)
    Android Market doesn't work

And as far as I know everything else does not work.
    thanks for the info. That said, my point was that sort of info shouldn't be buried on post 556. Someone may come along after me and ask the same question. But few people will read 556 posts. So you may nip some questions in the bud by posting in a streamlined plain language manner on the front page. But it's just a suggestion.
  18.    #558  
    I don't have PrePlus or Pre2... but i try hc test.. make kernel for Pre2 with apply patch created as diff from android pre kernel tree Vs webos21pre2 kernel tree...

Anyone can try on Pre2 ? i only try use this kernel on PreMinus, and Android boot fine.
    I don't have PrePlus or Pre2... but i try hc test.. make kernel for Pre2 with apply patch created as diff from android pre kernel tree Vs webos21pre2 kernel tree...

Anyone can try on Pre2 ? i only try use this kernel on PreMinus, and Android boot fine.
    tempted...

must...

resist...

temptation........

ah, what the hell, is the file in the same place as always?

i don't have preplus or pre2... But i try hc test.. Make kernel for pre2 with apply patch created as diff from android pre kernel tree vs webos21pre2 kernel tree...

Anyone can try on pre2 ? i only try use this kernel on preminus, and android boot fine.
    i want to try!!!!!