Page 27 of 36 FirstFirst ... 172223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    226 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    So how long it takes to remake to Pre 2?
    I am interested in the Pre 2 version too.
  2.    #522  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    mmm... still not loading :S
    ok, thanks...
    removed from google-code and post #518
    It was a successful dual-boot on my Sprint Pre- with webOS 2.1
    webOSroundup and Project Macaw contributor
    Remember, if I helped you, please click on the little or ♥ to the right
    How long till it talks with the CDMA radio, so you can place calls and text when booted in Android. Or even just browse the web over 3G or 1X from within Android?
    Last edited by patrickc; 04/28/2011 at 07:55 PM. Reason: more specific
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    How long till it talks with the CDMA radio, so you can place calls and text when booted in Android. Or even just browse the web from within Android?
    You can browse the web already, over WiFi

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    You can browse the web already, over WiFi

I know that
    But I can't browse the web when out and about
    Has anyone tripple booted their Pre with webOS, Android, and SHR?
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickc View Post
    How long till it talks with the CDMA radio, so you can place calls and text when booted in Android. Or even just browse the web over 3G or 1X from within Android?
    "We'll get there WHEN WE GET THERE!! Now pipe down back there and let me drive, or there's no gingerbread cookies for you!"

Real talk, this is where we need to either be developers or testers, and that's what will determine how far we take this and how long it takes to get there.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post
    "We'll get there WHEN WE GET THERE!! Now pipe down back there and let me drive, or there's no gingerbread cookies for you!"

Real talk, this is where we need to either be developers or testers, and that's what will determine how far we take this and how long it takes to get there.
    OK, well I won't probably be of much help doing that (as I know nothing about kernel compiling, or anything Android..)
    But I'll help where I can
    Quote Originally Posted by determinedd View Post

As I said in another thread: "When it's done"... If Duke Nukem Forever was able to pull that, we'll be able as well, even if it takes 12 years... Hahaha

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    since I can install dual boot android via sdl terminal is shr dual-boot installation also possible via sdl terminal?
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    since I can install dual boot android via sdl terminal is shr dual-boot installation also possible via sdl terminal?
    It could be, you just have to check the bootr scripts and understand what do they do. In fact, the bootr script mentions shr, so, it may be straightforward.

But people, stop throwing yourselves to the sharks over here, these look like uncharted waters, be prepared to doctor your devices if something gows wrong, or use the OMAP usb recovery procedure if things go horribly wrong

13.    #533  
    mannyfrehest: no, shr installation is from PC only.

NuttyBunny: Bootr show SHR if found SHR kernel
    I tried triple booting thinking all I would need was the "uImage-palmpre.bin" file but it didn't work. I never installed the kernel so when it tried to boot it just took me back to the OS selection screen
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    I tried triple booting thinking all I would need was the "uImage-palmpre.bin" file but it didn't work. I never installed the kernel so when it tried to boot it just took me back to the OS selection screen
    Did you at least read the SHR documentation? Don't you need to setup some filesystem? system files? apps?

When I looked in /boot/bootr/ and a few more directories I can't remember I saw a file called "shr" and thought it meant the necessary files were already installed. I was on my Pre at the time so I hadn't really looked into it too much, just a small test by downloading the one file and trying it. I might try again some day but right now I'm on my Pre again
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    When I looked in /boot/bootr/ and a few more directories I can't remember I saw a file called "shr" and thought it meant the necessary files were already installed. I was on my Pre at the time so I hadn't really looked into it too much, just a small test by downloading the one file and trying it. I might try again some day but right now I'm on my Pre again
    If you had checked a bit deeper, you should have found that it supports SHR but it has to be already installed.

This kind of tests, without even examining files or reading a bit leads to devices that become unbootable (and they can be fixed with a few commands), but the same, people don't read and resort to drastic options like a Doctor.

And after that, they blame the developers...

*sigh*

I did actually check to make sure the device would continue to boot, I didn't go in blind; but that is true. I am at fault I suppose. I'll start reading up on it and try to get it working for real though
  19.    #539  
    Sk3lleton: Yes in Bootr is some SHR files, but about 1kB size...
    You really MUST install SHR, only SHR kernel don't run NonInstalled SHR OS ofcourse...
    Devices/PalmPre/InstallGuide – SHR
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    Sk3lleton: Yes in Bootr is some SHR files, but about 1kB size...
    You really MUST install SHR, only SHR kernel don't run NonInstalled SHR OS ofcourse...
    Devices/PalmPre/InstallGuide €“ SHR
    not to hijack the thread(this is the only thread for SHR I have ever seen:search returns 14 results but this is the only relevant one), but when I follow this walkthrough, after the script reboots my Pre+ into recovery mode, I get the following error:
    Code:
    Rebooting your device in recovery mode...
    Done!
    Extracting webos doctor ...
    /bin/sh: jar: not found
    make: *** [build/unpacked-doctor/resources/.unpacked] Error 127
    the doctor for my 2.1.0 Pre+ IS in the downloads folder like it says. Any ideas?
    OK, so I got a quick idea: The walkthrough isn't specific as to where the "downloads" folder is supposed to be that I put the doctor into. I assumed it would need to be under the working directory, but maybe not? I can't really tell from the instructions. Maybe I'm just missing it?
    Code:
    The following three steps are the basic steps you need to use the fso-installer.

Create a "downloads" directory and put in there the webos version you have downloaded, something like webosxxxxx.jar .
    In our working directory (not in "downloads/" !), download the fso-installer (a Makefile http://git.freesmartphone.org/?p=utilities.git;a=blob_plain;f=palmpre/fso-installer/Makefile;hb=HEAD
    Last edited by woodmaster; 04/29/2011 at 08:09 AM. Reason: more info
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ