Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Guys, we have to stop bashing people and not looking enough when things happen.

The original poster has been very responsive on the thread for support, he told us that the dev that had the source code wouldn't have access to his dev machine until this week. Then they uploaded some code.

Rod was the only who did went to the Google Code page and found out that the code was indeed up, two days ago.

We have to remember that we're all in different timezones, we can't just expect to have immediate answers from people that lives on the opposite side of the world.

Have respect, look around, and be friendly and helpful, don't go just bashing around and complaining just about everything.

It's my opinion.

I, for one, may download the code and try to do something with, since the other portions of the source code may be already available from the Android Open Source Project, as the OP mentioned earlier. Even he mentioned exactly what version they're basing their work on

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    I, for one, may download the code and try to do something with, since the other portions of the source code may be already available from the Android Open Source Project, as the OP mentioned earlier. Even he mentioned exactly what version they're basing their work on
    Yep, the Google Code wiki page states an exact version from the android repositories.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    lol, the end of the maintainers file (lines 4312-4314):
    Code:
    THE REST
    P:	Linus Torvalds
    S:	Buried alive in reporters
    Edit: on the updates list it shows that there was source code uploaded on March 7?!
    Last edited by pcworld; 04/28/2011 at 08:45 AM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  4.    #504  
    Code for kernel is pushed in Google-code project page before 10hour.

I receive mail from XNDCN, here is info:

You may have to use hg to pull the source.
    Config for android-on-pre is omap_palmpre_defconfig.

Please repo the Android source code from android.git.kernel.org. I don't have any changes for it. Build it using "make TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER=true"
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post

Please repo the Android source code from android.git.kernel.org. I don't have any changes for it. Build it using "make TARGET_ARCH_VARIANT=armv7-a ARCH_ARM_HAVE_TLS_REGISTER=true"
    So how long it takes to remake to Pre 2?
    Question: Is wifi flaky sometimes? (as it turns on and then it turns off, really low signal, etc)
    Or I shall blame my injured Pre?

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    So how long it takes to remake to Pre 2?
    Nice, you come with 3 posts and begin demanding things... hehehe

As I said on the Pixi Thread, if you want it so much, download the code and figure it out

Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Question: Is wifi flaky sometimes? (as it turns on and then it turns off, really low signal, etc)
    Or I shall blame my injured Pre?
    Nah that's just how wifi is as of right now
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Nah that's just how wifi is as of right now
    Can anyone connect to a WPA PSK network? It works with freetether with an open network, but I caught a leecher so I had to close it. I can't connect with WPA. WEP works at home.

10.    #510  
    NuttyBunny: i success connect to WPA2-PSK.

With wifi is problem with permisions and/or using socket and/or wpa_suplicant conf. I play with this many hours but without success. Hard debugable, because in some config setting only connect using telnet (or adb) fix wifi. (without need "ifconfig eth0 up"), and sometime is only "ifconfig" need, sometime if i connect to Pre and try look at permisions, or logfile, then only this make me working Wifi...
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts

So what does this mean for making it work on a pre+? I know the pre+ uses armv7 unlike the pre-. But how can we use this to make it work on a pre+?
  12.    #512  
    yroc1234: if you don't know, then wait... this is not info for end-user
    btw: pre- use armv7 too, only pixi use armv6
    Quote Originally Posted by yroc1234 View Post
    So what does this mean for making it work on a pre+? I know the pre+ uses armv7 unlike the pre-. But how can we use this to make it work on a pre+?
    Didn't both use the exact same processor? I think it might has some kind of trouble with the extra memory, but, well, you'll need to connect a serial port console cable to your Pre's innards and see where is the kernel panicking

And if they not, you have to recompile the kernel perhaps with a "armv7" option instead of "armv7-a"

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    yroc1234: if you don't know, then wait... this is not info for end-user
    btw: pre- use armv7 too, only pixi use armv6
    Well ok then, take your time. I just always like testing new stuff for the pre+, particularly when its something as awesome a dual booting. I honestly am really happy to see that this project is coming along. This is one of those things that could have been done a long time ago, but nobody was doing it until you and the Chinese team began. Thanks for providing this to the web os community.
  15.    #515  
    ok... i have booted android with own build kernel(without change to config or source)...

anyone with already installed AoP on PrePlus can try this kernel ?
    I have already installed aop should I redownload aop.sh or will all be updated by script
    Last edited by mannyfrehest; 04/28/2011 at 05:14 PM.
    Well, well... I just hit a brick wall here.
    I was hoping to install Android to install Whatsapp and manage to reverse engineer the thing but... well...
    "A cellular data network is required to activate WhatsApp Messenger"
    At least I got a peek at the Android guts

18.    #518  
    test on PrePlus

download here: not work-removed

on already installed AoP:
    novacom put file:///boot/uImage.usbnet <uImage.usbnet.testplus1

btw: in this build is already some change in source
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/28/2011 at 05:56 PM.
    test on PrePlus

download here: uImage.usbnet.testplus1 - android-on-pre - testing kernel - Android on Palm Pre - Google Project Hosting

on already installed AoP:
    novacom put file:///boot/uImage.usbnet <uImage.usbnet.testplus1

btw: in this build is already some change in source
    mmm... still not loading :S

Just to confirm:
    md5sum: 0501fadf465316c6b18b8770558ee2b5
    sha1sum: e420c7f418f329d7f6684a4d36dbb68e9ba5ca1f <--- No, the SHA1 sum is correct... it doesn't boot
    Last edited by NuttyBunny; 04/28/2011 at 05:34 PM.

at work now I'll try soon as my shift is over!!!