Page 25 of 36 FirstFirst ... 15202122232425262728293035 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 500 of 716
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #481  
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    Can please someone check if domain translate for Browser fix this using telnet:
    setprop net.dns1 8.8.8.8
    ?
    in /etc/resolv.conf right?

    Did not work for me

    Am I supposed to replace what was originally in there for nameserver with setprop or just add setprop as a second line?
    Last edited by draztikrhymez; 04/26/2011 at 11:49 PM.
  2.    #482  
    no editing in resolv.conf, run as command
  3. #483  
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    no editing in resolv.conf, run as command
    Wow, i'm sorry for that lol, but this does work! Domain's come up now

    Youtube app now loads info, but does is not able to play any videos, will try other apps

    Edit:

    Google Maps loads now but cannot find location

    Google Voice now works except anything requiring phone data

    Google Market still closes right when opened
    Last edited by draztikrhymez; 04/27/2011 at 12:12 AM.
  4. #484  
    Is there something new about running it on Pre 2? Or have someone ETA? Thx.
  5. #485  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Wow, i'm sorry for that lol, but this does work! Domain's come up now

    Youtube app now loads info, but does is not able to play any videos, will try other apps

    Edit:

    Google Maps loads now but cannot find location

    Google Voice now works except anything requiring phone data

    Google Market still closes right when opened
    Where would we get the google market? Is where apps are located?


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
  6. #486  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    Is there something new about running it on Pre 2? Or have someone ETA? Thx.
    As long there's no source code the devs here at PreCentral can't build it for the Pre 2... (the Pre 2 needs a seperate compiled kernel)
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  7. #487  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    As long there's no source code the devs here at PreCentral can't build it for the Pre 2... (the Pre 2 needs a seperate compiled kernel)
    Thank. And when the source code will be released?
  8. #488  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    Thank. And when the source code will be released?
    This is a question for the Chinese devs of this project... Or for k3dar, who is in contact with the devs.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  9. #489  
    Man I wish I had a Droid to play with.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  10. #490  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Where would we get the google market? Is where apps are located?


    Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    I downloaded "Gapps for Aosp" from a link on google search and it included Market (labeled Vending.apk) and all the other google apps. It's the official pack that is preloaded with Android phones.
  11. yroc1234's Avatar
    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #491  
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Argh, we need to fix this, I'm dying to play with this on my spare Plus

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Agreed, please make that a priority. I am dying to test this out.
  12. #492  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I downloaded "Gaps for Aosp" from a link on google search and it included Market (labeled Vending.apk) and all the other google apps. It's the official pack that is preloaded with Android phones.
    Just wanted to point out it is "gapps for aosp", if anyone is searching. (my guess is autocorrect changed draztikrhymez post.
  13. #493  
    Quote Originally Posted by creative469 View Post
    Just wanted to point out it is "gapps for aosp", if anyone is searching. (my guess is autocorrect changed draztikrhymez post.
    Lol yea didn't notice that, damn autocorrect
  14. #494  
    Ok, works (boots, at least), on my spare Baby Pre, even if it's half dead (no modem, no volume up), at least it boots here

    Now, let's fix: Boot on Pre Plus and Resume on suspend
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

    Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
  15. #495  
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3dator View Post
    Thank. And when the source code will be released?
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    This is a question for the Chinese devs of this project... Or for k3dar, who is in contact with the devs.
    Actually, it is a question for anyone who redistributes the binaries that contain GPL parts of Android (e.g. the kernel), since anyone who does so *must* comply with the GPL and also distributed source code alongside the binary, or a written offer to provide such for 3 years.

    So anyone hosting the binaries that allow this port to be installed are bound by that copyright license requirement. Just saying that you don't have access to the source code is no excuse. If you don't have access to the source code, then you should not be distributing the binary, as you have no legal right to do so without also distributing the source code.

    BTW, congrats to k3dar for good packaging and installation scripts. The scripts correctly installed it on my Pre- device running 2.1.0, and correctly and cleanly uninstalled it just as easily.

    -- Rod
    Last edited by rwhitby; 04/28/2011 at 07:11 AM.
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  16. #496  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So anyone hosting the binaries that allow this port to be installed are bound by that copyright license requirement. Just saying that you don't have access to the source code is no excuse. If you don't have access to the source code, then you should not be distributing the binary, as you have no legal right to do so without also distributing the source code.
    And I think the only ones who distributed the binaries were the Chinese devs...
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  17. #497  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    And I think the only ones who distributed the binaries were the Chinese devs...
    All the people listed on People - android-on-pre - Android on Palm Pre - Google Project Hosting are responsible for the binaries distributed on that site.

    Looking at that site, it seems that kernel source code is indeed available (uploaded 2 days ago). If this matches the kernel binary, then there is no problem.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  18. #498  
    I just sent an e-mail to all people listed on the project page asking for the source code (including google-translated Chinese).
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  19. #499  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I just sent an e-mail to all people listed on the project page asking for the source code (including google-translated Chinese).
    Is there anything in Android other than the Linux kernel which is GPL?

    If not, then they are already in compliance it seems, for two days now.

    -- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
  20. #500  
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    If not, then they are already in compliance it seems, for two days now.
    Sorry, oversaw it... Just got a mail from the maintainer, source code was published here two days ago: / - android-on-pre - Android on Palm Pre - Google Project Hosting
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions