Page 23 of 36 FirstFirst ... 13181920212223242526272833 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 716
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I've never used amazonappstore how is it?
    No WiFi here on my PreDroid, so I can't use it. I only got the App, which looks OK!

    k3dar: So everytime there is a new version of the AoP.sh.txt, I have to use this command: "mv AoP.sh.txt AoP.sh" or do I only have to rename "AoP.sh".txt to "AoP.sh" and overwrite the existing file in the /android directory?
  2. #442  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I've never used amazonappstore how is it?
    For me the Amazon Appstore just tells me there are no apps compatible with my device, so I can't get any app to show up at all.
  3. #443  
    Wouldn't it be funny if people with Pre Pluses on AT&T were blocked from sideloading apps?

    Actually it would suck. But in a funny way
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnnnY View Post
    No WiFi here on my PreDroid, so I can't use it. I only got the App, which looks OK!

    k3dar: So everytime there is a new version of the AoP.sh.txt, I have to use this command: "mv AoP.sh.txt AoP.sh" or do I only have to rename "AoP.sh".txt to "AoP.sh" and overwrite the existing file in the /android directory?
    How to Use Telnet on Mac OS X - wikiHow
    edit: and call to support of your OS for driver "RNDIS"

    yes, if you rename file manualy, then not need type mv command in SDLTerminal Maybe you can run using "./AoP" if you rename it to AoP
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/24/2011 at 10:06 PM.
  5. #445  
    Now working

    Sprint Pre- 1.4.5 with Uberkernel 500/1000
    Last edited by draztikrhymez; 04/24/2011 at 10:49 PM.
  6. #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Anyone else confirmed that it's working now on a Pre- with 1.4.5?
    Yeah! I've got it working now on 1.4.5, as k3dar said, just redownload AoP attached file!
  7. #447  
    Update: Got Music to show up now as well

    Is it supposed to show a SD card mounted though on Menu > Storage?

    Got wifi working as well, great write-ups!

    Edit: wifi connected to my network but I couldn't get to any websites
    Last edited by draztikrhymez; 04/25/2011 at 12:40 AM.
  8. #448  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Thanks k3dar! It shows up in the manage apps SD card section.

    The OS still doesn't think there's an SD card though... for some reason. I went online to amazon and tried to download an app directly from there, and it says it requires an SD card to download apps...

    *SIGH*. oh well.
    /media/internal is mountrd read-only, so you couldn't install apps to it anyway using Android.
  9. #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnnnY View Post
    and: is there a way to activate wifi over a mac?
    First install webOS SDK for OS X. Not sure but assigning an IP address to your USB-connected Pre could work similar as in Linux.
  10. #450  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    Update: Got Music to show up now as well

    Is it supposed to show a SD card mounted though on Menu > Storage?

    Got wifi working as well, great write-ups!

    Edit: wifi connected to my network but I couldn't get to any websites
    I read that someone could only access webpages using their IP addresses, not their domains.
  11. #451  
    Got it working on my phone,
    Pre- 2.1 UberKernel 1000 fixed speed,
    I also have my compcache set to a fixed 36696
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  12. #452  
    I haven't been reading through the forum as much as I should, bad me, but is everybody else having graphical glitches and the phone crash whenever going to sleep? Also my Android was hard locking when I had it on the stock kernel had to use UK and OC for it to be able to run on my phone
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  13. #453  
    Yes, everybode have those glitches.
  14. #454  
    K just making sure, like I said I've been bad and haven't been reading the forum as much as I should
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  15. #455  
    With a topic 23 pages long, it is pretty difficult to read the whole thing (although I guess that functions as a deterrent for normal people who risk breaking their phone doing this). The offficial wiki for this project hasn't been updated either, so it would be nice if either the first post of this thread, or the official wiki could be updated with all the latest info, including known bugs and best practices.
  16. #456  
    Quote Originally Posted by rsanchez1 View Post
    With a topic 23 pages long, it is pretty difficult to read the whole thing.
    Very true but I still usually read the whole thread before diving into the command terminal but the thought of a dual booting phone was too much temptation to resist on a slow day at work.

    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    check my webos facebook group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=129304747081175

    help me reach my goal to be the first non celebrity on twitter with 1 million followers http://www.twitter.com/darkproteus66

    LONG LIVE HOMEBREW!!!
  17. #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I read that someone could only access webpages using their IP addresses, not their domains.
    This is confirmed

    74.125.224.80 brings up Google

    Google Maps installs and opens but can't get a location obviously

    Gmail app opens but closes immediately

    Google Navigation works but can't find a location as well

    As stated before Google Voice does install, but I can't get it to sign it yet

    Youtube app opens but can't access anything

    Google Marketplace does install but closes immediately after opening

    I was wondering how do we uninstall apps? I tried through the settings > manage apps. but they always show back up when I boot back into Android the next time.
  18. #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    I was wondering how do we uninstall apps? I tried through the settings > manage apps. but they always show back up when I boot back into Android the next time.
    Weird I haven't noticed that, I have uninstalled several and haven't noticed them coming back. How are you installing? With the AoP.sh script? I have only installed be either dropping the .apk in /data/app or using a android file manager and it seems to install like on an normal phone.

    I will install some with AoP.sh and see if I notice that issue.

    CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  19. #459  
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Weird I haven't noticed that, I have uninstalled several and haven't noticed them coming back. How are you installing? With the AoP.sh script? I have only installed be either dropping the .apk in /data/app or using a android file manager and it seems to install like on an normal phone.

    I will install some with AoP.sh and see if I notice that issue.

    CaliMark
    Mark Reed

    Yea I used the sh AoP.sh apk script
  20. #460  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    I read that someone could only access webpages using their IP addresses, not their domains.
    I can reach via domain name in the android browser and such.

    I can't use domain names when I am accessing via telnet for example I can't use wget http://domain.com I have to use x.x.x.x (ip #)

    Werid...

    CaliMark
    MarkReed

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions