Page 21 of 36 FirstFirst ... 11161718192021222324252631 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    I am very interested. i have read page five about a million times and a i dont have a clue what it all means. it would be really helpful if someone made a video or just described it in English, I have very basic knowledge when it comes to code. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    It's the same on most threads. People simply don't read. The best thing is to simply ignore their ignorant pleas for help if they haven't read the first post. Responding to them simply encourages their antisocial behaviour.

-- Rod
    But even if people don't read the whole post before trying, helping them is IMO a good thing -- everybody make mistakes, and i'm sure that doctoring their device is a pretty good lesson.

BTW i tried it before the warning was added, luckily for me it was a developer device.
    Developer of iCopter 2.2 for webOS.

If you have any remark, complain or feature request, let me know :
    iCopter 2.1 Precentral thread
    Quote Originally Posted by vemshnub View Post
    I am very interested. i have read page five about a million times and a i dont have a clue what it all means. it would be really helpful if someone made a video or just described it in English, I have very basic knowledge when it comes to code. thanks
    Honestly no offense intended here, but if you can't install Novaterm, download the attached script and paste those lines of code into a terminal window, you will probably not be able to recover your device if something goes wrong.
    At this point the utility of Android is very limited at any rate. Perhaps wait until a more capable version with a more intuitive installer is released?
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Honestly no offense intended here, but if you can't install Novaterm, download the attached script and paste those lines of code into a terminal window, you will probably not be able to recover your device if something goes wrong.
    At this point the utility of Android is very limited at any rate. Perhaps wait until a more capable version with a more intuitive installer is released?
    yeah fair enough, im just interested and have no idea what that means. thanks anyway i'll have to wait
  5.    #405  
    Updated AoP.sh on #100

Pre USB partition now on /sdcard and /mnt/sdcard
    - readlonly, limited access - maybe for some apps help run DevTools/MediaScanner

New parameters of AoP.sh:

eboot - edit /media/internal/android/boot.ext3 for sdcard
    (For Update already installed is need only "sh AoP.sh eboot")

apk - install applications from /media/internal/android/install into Android
    (auto installed if run fresh/complete Installation using "sh AoP.sh all")
    bapk - backup user applications from Android to /media/internal/android/backup
    wroot - connect Android images on /media/internal/android/mix for webOS and/or Novacom
    uwroot - disconnect Android images on /media/internal/android/mix for webOS and/or Novacom
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/24/2011 at 07:11 PM.
    I am getting a line 22: k not found error when trying to run updated script

Edit: removed . k from line 22 in your script and all is good!
    Code:
    bootr_file="bootr-0.3-nofob3-5.tar.gz"
    . k
    Last edited by mamouton; 04/24/2011 at 05:17 PM.
  7.    #407  
    mamouton: thanks fixed and updated
    Just a quick question will this run better with the stock kernel or the overclocked kernel. I am still noticing my screen getting very warm.
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    Updated AoP.sh on #100

Pre USB partition now mounted on /mnt/sdcard
    - limited access, is need in Android run DevTools/MediaScanner

New parameters of AoP.sh:

eboot - edit /media/internal/android/boot.ext3 for sdcard
    (For Update already installed is need only "sh AoP.sh eboot")

apk - install applications from /media/internal/android/install into Android
    (auto installed if run fresh/complete Installation using "sh AoP.sh all")
    bapk - backup user applications from Android to /media/internal/android/backup
    wroot - connect Android images on /media/internal/android/mix for webOS and/or Novacom
    uwroot - disconnect Android images on /media/internal/android/mix for webOS and/or Novacom
    Could you clarify the process for users that already have installed? "sh AoP.sh eboot" will this mount Pre USB to SDCARD? Then just run MediaScanner?

Thanks, for the update just want to confirm before I try!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
  10.    #410  
    webOS kernel is used only with Bootr, after you start Android then is used Android kernel.

screen warm, i think is because driver is in debug mode (and/or buggy) and send many messages to log about pixelclocking, i have this issue too, but random... sometime is screen normal, sometime is warm... sometime is battery charged, sometime not...
    Ok thanks for the information. I am trying to run some android apps now.
  12.    #412  
    CaliMark: yes
    I tried it. It didn't work for me. novaterm doesn't give any errors after running the eboot line. However, booting into android and running media scanner doesn't give me an SD card...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I tried it. It didn't work for me. novaterm doesn't give any errors after running the eboot line. However, booting into android and running media scanner doesn't give me an SD card...
    I haven't run yet, but my guess would be that if you had music or pictures on your pre, after running the media scanner, look in music app or gallery to see if you can see your media...

I will try in a bit and see if I have success...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    I haven't run yet, but my guess would be that if you had music or pictures on your pre, after running the media scanner, look in music app or gallery to see if you can see your media...
    Yeah I tried. No luck. All programs say "SD Card uninstalled or unmounted" or something to that effect. I'll continue trying and see if I get any luck...
  16.    #416  
    SirataXero: Try on Homescreen: Menu button, ManageApps, On SD card

CaliMark: yes, Music show files, but Gallery show NoSD
    In terminal is access via /sdcard or /mnt/sdcard.
    I have apps installed Yea!!! I can't seem to get my wifi to connect now though it keeps scanning only. My apps show up music and pictures still don't show up.
    Can you take screenshots with android? if so what are key combos?
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I was looking into that a bit ago and it looks like a chore to just take a screenshot with android!!! (webOS FTW) I wanted to post a screenshot of my linpack results...

Let me know if you find an easy way to take a screenshot...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    When i had a EVO Shift for a month I had to use a app to take screenshots but i can't remember off the top of my head what it's called.