Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    I know this has been tested on a pre- modified to act like a pre+ with the new install scripts. But has anyone really attempted to try the new scripts on a regular pre+? If not I will test it out on mine.

EDIT: I sent one of the devs a polite request for a copy of the source code in order to solve the issues on the pre+ and pre2. I included a online translated version of the message in case nobody working on the project spoke English.
    Last edited by yroc1234; 04/23/2011 at 07:03 PM.
  2.    #382  
    yroc1234: i'm in contact with maintainer xndchn using english, but in last weeks have some problems, and currently not have access to computer with source code, hope in next week
    will it be, theoretically speaking, possible to get cellular networks to work? I have a used Pre- and the wifi doesn't work at all
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Yes just drop into /data/app/ then the if you look in the manage applications section they show as installed...
    Do you have to manually create this directory? It would be /boot/bootr/data/app/ by webos directories right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    Do you have to manually create this directory? It would be /boot/bootr/data/app/ by webos directories right?
    No the directory is there....just /data/app so when you telnet in just cd data/app and then place your .apk in that directory and you should be good.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Why don't I have that directory? Is it only there when I have booted into android?
    Quote Originally Posted by yroc1234 View Post
    I know this has been tested on a pre- modified to act like a pre+ with the new install scripts. But has anyone really attempted to try the new scripts on a regular pre+?
    Yes i have a regular pre plus and the new scripts do not work. the boot screen is still stuck at WebOs logo
    Why don't I have that directory? Is it only there when I have booted into android?
    Correct you will only see that in the android file system....You can use wget command to transfer in the .apk from a website. Or you can store it on your pre's USB partition and then once you telnet into android you can copy the file from /boot/realboot/ (location of file) to /data/app

Sounds harder then it really is.

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackjacket1 View Post
    Yes i have a regular pre plus and the new scripts do not work. the boot screen is still stuck at WebOs logo
    I tried it on my Pre Plus before I read the thread and was like duh! I couldn't get the script to run so I just puttied to the Pre, opened the script and ran it manually. It rebooted and I had my Preplus back.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Yes just drop into /data/app/ then the if you look in the manage applications section they show as installed....seems good...I placed the .apk on my personal website and then used wget when telneted into Android....One thing to note is that domain names don't seem to work so you will need to use the IP# in your url....

Update:As k3dar mentioned above it looks like he has already mounted pre USB drive to android /boot/realroot so you should just be able to load up some .apk on your Pre USB drive and then telnet in and mv them, or better yet I am gonna try to install astro file manager on android and see if I can make it all on device! Neat!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    This works for me. I was able to get the Amazon Appstore installed, but it doesn't want to work, no apps load at all. Additionally, when I can get something to load, it tells me there are no apps in a given category that are compatible with my device.
    Wait is Telnet done over wifi?
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Wait is Telnet done over wifi?
    Not in this instance, no. They're using Telnet over a local connection, no?
    Since the wifi under Android isn't active, you need to connect your device to your computer via USB and then use Telnet or puTTY to connect to the device, you can follow post #161

Good Luck...

CaliMark
    MarkReed
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Eagerly following the state of this project. If phone, sound, GPS and sensor support is added this could be a real contender to WebOS for those with a Pre-! (2.1.0 can sometimes be buggy as hell).

Do the 3D effects/GPU work without much lag at this point? It would be great if simple gesture area support was added (i.e. to replace Back, Home and Menu buttons on Android), but of course this may be quite tricky to implement.

Might try this on my UK Pre- (F104a Screenstate2 500/1100)...
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackjacket1 View Post
    Did anyone say the new scripts would work on the Plus? No.

I really don't get why every other tries this on a Plus when you can read everywhere in bold that the Plus is currently not supported.

But I think I give up now telling this to people...
    Last edited by pcworld; 04/24/2011 at 04:29 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Does anyone said the new scripts would work on the Plus? No.

I really don't get why every other tries this on a Plus when you can read everywhere in bold that the Plus is currently not supported.

It's the same on most threads. People simply don't read. The best thing is to simply ignore their ignorant pleas for help if they haven't read the first post. Responding to them simply encourages their antisocial behaviour.

-- Rod
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Tested and working on Palm Pre minus (UK O2 variant), using the f104a kernel on Screenstate 500/1100. Small graphical glitches, not completely smooth but otherwise everything works as advertised. Great job guys!

Seems there's a problem with my digitizer which can only be solved (temporarily) by turning the screen off and on (which you can't do with Predroid at the moment).
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Did anyone say the new scripts would work on the Plus? No.

I think he was just saying that he had previously tested and fixed the installation on a Pre Plus, and was just recounting it for the other guy who asked about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I think he was just saying that he had previously tested and fixed the installation on a Pre Plus, and was just recounting it for the other guy who asked about it.
    thank you for actually reading the whole thread insted of jumping down my thought. This is an experimental thread and I was just posting my findings to help the guy who asked the original question
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Yeah, I did read the whole thread before I asked and to me it looked like nobody had really done testing on the pre plus with the new scripts. I figured it wouldn't work but I want to help test with this project because this is something I have been looking for on the pre for awhile. This is a great idea and I really hope dual booting gets perfected. This is spreading fast on tech sites however, so I just hope the number of "Do it now, read later" doesn't increase too much.