Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    I am missing something.
    Would think the reverse would be more exciting.
    WebOS on a non HPalm device
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    But WebOS Is not opensource (atleast the gui) part so it would Be illegal, Andi very hard To get something useable working...
    i'm not a fan of android, but if this could get access to the Android Market someday I would be very very happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-NKT View Post
    But WebOS Is not opensource (atleast the gui) part so it would Be illegal, Andi very hard To get something useable working...
    Understand. That information is beyond my knowledge data base.
    "If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer. Let him step to the music which he hears, however measured or far away." - Thoreau
    I understand that an android port for pre isn't a massively asked for idea, and would only be really used to get at the android Market, but isn't this a bit underhyped?
    Quote Originally Posted by 7 fissurez View Post
    ...but isn't this a bit underhyped?
    Yes, sadly...
    Yeah it's like the fourth result when you search for 'android on pre' on google.
    Does anyone who speaks good english want to post about the current status of this project?
    Google only allows access to the Android Market on official versions of Android, not open-source versions. You'd have to use some other Android app store like Amazon's, or sideload apks (usually only free/open-source apps).
  9. mk3
    Global Posts
    622 Global Posts
    I'd rather see WebOS running on other phones.
    Feedback & Feature Requests | Palm USA

"Abracadabra Holmes"
    -Cal Naughton, Jr.
    We have been over this before.
    Quote Originally Posted by greenoyster View Post
    Google only allows access to the Android Market on official versions of Android, not open-source versions. You'd have to use some other Android app store like Amazon's, or sideload apks (usually only free/open-source apps).
    let me rephrase that then

we want webOS so we can RUN the larger amount of apps available for android, and for the sake of annoying a few android users by saying we can dual boot android now and it isn't as amazing as hyped, whether it is or not.
    O2 UK Pre Plus, Official (German) ROW webOS 2.1
    Agreeeeeed.
    Has anyone here tried this and gotten it working? How easy/hard is it and how well does it really work?
    LMAO

All the fandroids are going to be cringing at the thought of their precious software on measly webos devices!! HA

And, it'll be hilarious when Palm Pre gets gingerbread before 95% of all other android phones!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And I'll be totally checking this out.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Agreeeeeed.
    Has anyone here tried this and gotten it working? How easy/hard is it and how well does it really work?
    If you have Ubuntu or another Linux distribution and have some Linux knowledge, it's quite easy.
    Yes, I got it working. For the first release it works really good, but of course nothing for everyday life.
    At this time there is no dual boot, you have to connect your Pre via USB with the Linux machine and boot it via USB. But for testing purposes this is a really good solution because the flash drive gets broken if you write too many times on it.
    Touchscreen driver works, but I don't think there are other (important) drivers working yet.

Just try! (at your own risk )

Edit: I just looked at the Google code site and it seems that it got updated. I'll try the new version soon!
    Edit 2: Wow, according to the wiki there should be WiFi now!
    Last edited by pcworld; 03/19/2011 at 06:15 PM.
    The Google Translated instructions aren't specific enough for me to be confident that I'm not destroying my phone, but if you post a slightly more specific English summary of the installation I'll definitely try it
    I have a Mac running OS 10.6, and I'm compiling fink so I'll be able to use apt-get.
    Does this erase the USB partition by the way?
    <<moved to Other Devices - from 'webOS Development'>>
    (just a little bump )
  18.    #38  
    innocentbystander: on OSX instead apt-get and edit exports you need only enable nfs deamon and edit /etc/exports in diferent way

for enabling nfs: nfsd enable

in /etc/exports add (or create if not exists)
    /Path_Where_Your_Unpack_Mix_tar -network 192.168.0.0 -mask 255.255.0.0

btw: i not tested it, only googled...
  19.    #39  
    i added links to Download and PortStatus on Google Code to post #1

new version from 19.3. have wifi working and saved changed data to data image... i go try it
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    The Google Translated instructions aren't specific enough for me to be confident that I'm not destroying my phone, but if you post a slightly more specific English summary of the installation I'll definitely try it
    I have a Mac running OS 10.6, and I'm compiling fink so I'll be able to use apt-get.
    Does this erase the USB partition by the way?
    No, nothing on the flash drive should be affected. But: All can happen, and try all at your own risk...
    I have no experience with Mac, but I could post detailed instructions on how to do this with Ubuntu.
Page 2 of 36 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast