Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Ive Read post #110 1000 times and followed it exactly but i cant fix my pre plus. Ive booted my phone into recovery mode. Made a folder on my comp and put those 2 files in it. Ive run cmd and navigated to my folder and pasted your code in but this is what i get...

"F:\Documents and Settings\Ryans\Fix>novacom boot mem:// <nova-installer-image-ca
    stle.uImage

F:\Documents and Settings\Ryans\Fix>sleep 60
    'sleep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

F:\Documents and Settings\Ryans\Fix>novacom put file:///boot-fix.sh <boot-fix.sh
    .txt
    bad or error response from other side: 'err -1 unrecognized command'

F:\Documents and Settings\Ryans\Fix>novacom run file:///boot-fix.sh

\

novacomd socket was closed prematurely
    novacom: unexpected EOF from server

F:\Documents and Settings\Ryans\Fix>"

Any idea what im doing wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flackjacket1 View Post
    F:\Documents and Settings\Ryans\Fix>sleep 60
    'sleep' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.
    Did you also read the cmd output 1000 times?
    I think sleep is a Unix-only command. After the first command, just wait 60 seconds by yourself. Then proceed with the 3rd and 4th command. Should look like this:
    Code:
    novacom boot mem:// <nova-installer-image-castle.uImage
    ::::::wait 60s by yourself before you proceed with the next two commands
    novacom put file:///boot-fix.sh <boot-fix.sh.txt
    novacom run file:///boot-fix.sh
    k3dar: Instead of "sleep 60" you could use "ping localhost -n 60 >NUL" or something like that for Windows.
    Last edited by pcworld; 04/23/2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    THANK YOU PC WORLD!!!
    Worked like a champ after replacing "sleep 60" with "ping localhost -n 60"
  4.    #364  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    k3dar: Instead of "sleep 60" you could use "ping localhost -n 60 >NUL" or something like that for Windows.
    simpler is say wait 60, this is os independent :-))
    edit: changed in #110
    Go ahead and add me to the list of working pre- sprint and 1.4.5 stock kernel! I know people have mentioned mounting the internals as an sd card, could someone please give basic instructions on how to do this?
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    Go ahead and add me to the list of working pre- sprint and 1.4.5 stock kernel! I know people have mentioned mounting the internals as an sd card, could someone please give basic instructions on how to do this?
    Yup. Definitely waiting for this instructional. Would love to try out some Android Apps...
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Yup. Definitely waiting for this instructional. Would love to try out some Android Apps...
    Why wait check out Post #343 How to install third party apps....

Also see this VIDEO

CaliMark
    MarkReed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Why wait check out Post #343 How to install third party apps....

Also see this VIDEO

CaliMark
    MarkReed
    Did both. The video only makes me more impatient. As for the post, I don't quite understand. You're saying as long as I drop an apk into the app folder it'll automatically be "installed". As in, Android considers it installed?
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Did both. The video only makes me more impatient. As for the post, I don't quite understand. You're saying as long as I drop an apk into the app folder it'll automatically be "installed". As in, Android considers it installed?
    Yes just drop into /data/app/ then the if you look in the manage applications section they show as installed....seems good...I placed the .apk on my personal website and then used wget when telneted into Android....One thing to note is that domain names don't seem to work so you will need to use the IP# in your url....

Update:As k3dar mentioned above it looks like he has already mounted pre USB drive to android /boot/realroot so you should just be able to load up some .apk on your Pre USB drive and then telnet in and mv them, or better yet I am gonna try to install astro file manager on android and see if I can make it all on device! Neat!

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Last edited by CaliMark; 04/23/2011 at 04:18 PM.
  10.    #370  
    Music show me files from Pre USB Gallery not...
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    Music show me files from Pre USB Gallery not...
    You can see the files, but can you hear them? I haven't noticed does sound work? Angry Birds Rio didn't seem to have sound...

CaliMark
    MarkReed
  12.    #372  
    sound don't work, post is about sdcard progress
    great work!
    any news about source-code?
    Add me to list also of working Predroid pre minus. Do you have to putty every time you reboot to get wifi working? I notice the screen gets extremely warm and to fully restart from android I have to do a battery pull.
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Add me to list also of working Predroid pre minus. Do you have to putty every time you reboot to get wifi working? I notice the screen gets extremely warm and to fully restart from android I have to do a battery pull.
    Ditto on the heat! I haven't installed anything to check the clock rate...Is this overclocked?

I have had to telnet not everytime but haven't noticed why I do or don't...

I have noticed if you do restart you should be fine but, if you power down you have to pull the battery...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Ditto on the heat! I haven't installed anything to check the clock rate...Is this overclocked?

I have had to telnet not everytime but haven't noticed why I do or don't...

I have noticed if you do restart you should be fine but, if you power down you have to pull the battery...

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Yes the pre is overclocked would that be why the screen is warm? Oh so trying to find command for restart on android then so I don't have to a battery pull.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    android has terminal access correct? "shutdown now" in terminal(assuming superuser privileges) should power down.
    To shut down without battery pull, telnet into the device and run "poweroff".
    (If it doesn't shut down then look at the options to force it.)
    Quote Originally Posted by woodmaster View Post
    android has terminal access correct? "shutdown now" in terminal(assuming superuser privileges) should power down.
    Yes, via telnet over usbnet
  20.    #380  
    shutdown now, poweroff, reboot... not work, i don't know why, maybe some permision, anyway for exit from Android please use Restart in PowerMenu (hold PowerButton)

cpu run at 550MHz (userspace governor)