Page 18 of 36 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718192021222328 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    As the thread gets bigger and bigger people begins to be lazy and won't read the entire thread, misses recommendations and fixes where available. Devs get tired of answering questions over and over and in the end drop stuff and move on.

So, Please, go and read the entire thread.
    I have already read the entire thread, but I can't find the post that detailed how to update. I think it would be very useful for future reference to have it added to the post on how to install it in the first place if it isn't too much trouble. I'll look through the thread again either way though
    What Time will not heal, nothing will.
    Yeah! I got an app installed onto my AndroidPre....

you just have to access your AndroidPre from telnet and wget the .apk into /data/app

Still testing I am thinking good amount of apps will still have issues since the phone doesn't have access to an SDCARD.

I will get some apps installed and see what success I have with them.

Sleep now!

Update : Check out this VIDEO of Angry Birds Rio running on Palm Pre under Android

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Last edited by CaliMark; 04/23/2011 at 04:35 AM. Reason: added video link
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    I have already read the entire thread, but I can't find the post that detailed how to update. I think it would be very useful for future reference to have it added to the post on how to install it in the first place if it isn't too much trouble. I'll look through the thread again either way though
    Not sure but I think you just have to run the (updated) script again.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    Is it possible to make a mod to bootr so that if there is not input for some given time that it will automatically boot the default OS? My hope is to have it boot into webOS with no interaction and then if I want android I can select it? Just an idea....

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    That would be nice!
    My Pre reboots every night automatically (reboot scheduler). And with bootr it would shutdown but keep on the bootr screen until I wake up... Then I would have to wait the 5-7 minutes webOS takes to boot... :-o
    hey im kinda new to all this. Can someone give me specific directions on how to get android to load onto the Pre. I tried following the original directions and got lost for like an hour without any hope. A video would be awesome
    Quote Originally Posted by iq99 View Post
    hey im kinda new to all this. Can someone give me specific directions on how to get android to load onto the Pre. I tried following the original directions and got lost for like an hour without any hope. A video would be awesome
    This is a testing thread, things can run or completely break havoc. You must read the entire thread or you will make the devs waste time helping you with things that have already been answered.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by CaliMark View Post
    This seems like a step in the right direction, were you able to get an .apk installed to the virtual SDCARD? I am also working on this now....

CaliMark
    Mark Reed
    Although it has mounted the sdcard.img,but the system can't recognize the sdcard.
    In Settings --- SD card & phone stoarge , It still display ‘no sdcard’.
    I tried to install on my verizon pre plus 2.1 for the second time. Install via SDL terminal was successful I suppose( didn't crash). Bootr loaded fine, I selected webos first which booted successfully. I then restarted and selected android and boot hung on internals logo. Has n e one with a regular non chopped pre plus gotten this to work? Also could this be due to SDL Terminal installation? I downloaded th most recent AoP.sh.txt from page 5 of this post so I don't think its that. Its probably obvious but I don't think this works for the plus yet
    Last edited by mannyfrehest; 04/23/2011 at 09:57 AM. Reason: fatal typo
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    Its probably obvious but I don't think this works for the plus yet
    That's what you see everywhere in bold
    Pre Plus is currently not supported. Reason is unknown yet, waiting for source code release.
    Last edited by pcworld; 04/23/2011 at 09:51 AM.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    another forum member said that there pre that thinks it's a "plus" successfully booted android. I would not have tried it otherwise. It's no prob for me to try, takes only a few mins to fix. Soooooo I hope I can try this with more success soon!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by iq99 View Post
    Also at this point the port is slow, gitchy, and not that useful.
  13.    #353  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    another forum member said that there pre that thinks it's a "plus" successfully booted android.
    His PrePlus have PreMinus mainboard with 256MB RAM and for Android look as normal PreMinus (commboard is ignored)

Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Slow ?? Boot time is 30s, and reaction of System is i think very fast. With others i agree, but i don't know what is "gitchy" )
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Mmm... Who said that this would be useful?? I thought this was more like a proof of concept than an attempt to substitute webOS with Android on the devices.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    well it's not something that you would use for anything other than a proof of concept or a curiosity, at this point.. no offense or anything =)
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Mmm... Who said that this would be useful?? I thought this was more like a proof of concept than an attempt to substitute webOS with Android on the devices.
    What I'd like is dual-booting different versions of webOS.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
  17.    #357  
    I plane add support for boot different kernel on same webOS version,
    different version of webOS will be 'little' harder
  18.    #358  
    About MarketHack (link by innocentbystander)
    Steps is realy simple(on Pre not need Android SDK tool, and also is rooted by default), but this is for HW Cowon D3 and replace also main system file framework.jar. If i have stock framework.jar for Cowon D3, then be i think simple patch AoP framework based on differences.
    Anyway using this method of accesing Market will be... not clear Clear will be use some www or 3rd party market app...

About SDCard:
    VirtualImage not need, because is not problem have Pre USB in /mnt/sdcard directory...
    On XDA link is howto for replacing broken sdcard slot(already knowed by Android as SDCARD) with VirtualImage, but on Pre is need tell Android: Pre have present SD card, for this i find yesterday sollution set EXTERNAL_STORAGE_STATE to mounted, but is need more
    Anyway.. on booted Android is now Pre USB already mounted and in /boot/realroot.

About installing APK:
    I really miss try only copy APK to app dir, then be simple add into AoP.sh installing app if founded in /media/internal/android/apk or maybe into Android init script while Android will start boot.

About Bootr:
    Timeout for default OS (webOS) sure i add in next ver.
  19.    #359  
    Quote Originally Posted by Sk3lleton View Post
    ...how to update...
    in short, update is same as install (ofcourse with redownloaded AoP.sh)

for update Bootr only is need only "sh AoP.sh in-bootr"

all options for AoP.sh is showed if you run without parameter "sh AoP.sh"
    Code:
    AoP.sh - simple script for Android-on-Pre on Pre...
       *** USE ONLY AT YOUR RISK ***
    Usage: AoP.sh [option]
    option:
       all  - download,remix,install Android and Bootr (to /boot)

download   - download files (to /media/internal/android)
       install    - install Android kernel and Bootr (to /boot)
       uninstall  - uninstall Android kernel and Bootr (from /boot)
       delete     - delete all Android related files (on /media/internal/android)
       clean      - delete only useless files for booting Android (on /media/internal/android)

in-bootr   - install only Bootr (to /boot)
       un-bootr   - uninstall only Bootr (from /boot)

remix      - unpack remixfiles.tar.gz to mounted Android ext3 images
    would it be possible to not show Bootr at all unless some key or button were held at login?