Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6111213141516171819202126 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #301  
    Darkmagister: can you please try this:
    sh buttons.sh.txt
    created buttons.log in android attach here
    script after run ask for press button, 3xCenter,3xVolUp, 3xVolDown and save hexa for this button, maybe from any reason you don΄h have standart mapping...
    Is possible run from started webOS or from started Bootr...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/22/2011 at 06:02 AM. Reason: added missed attachement :)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    Yeah. And if you haven't noticed, there is everywhere in bold that it is experimental, try at your own risk etc. If you try this on your primary phone that's your fault.
    I am aware that this is my own fault as was evidenced by the fact that I eagerly and without complaint tested the repair script and am fully prepared to continue testing new developments. My 'stupid' comment referred to the post on the main page, which stated that the 'procedure was not destructive in any way', which I thought would lead to unbootable devices. I mentioned this to Dieter and he fixed the article noting that there had been reports of pseudo-bricked phones. Neither am I 'running around doing stupid things'. I have been testing this script since the NFS installation days and have literally read every post. I know the risks, but also how to fix my phone if it breaks. And I'm grateful for the ability to do a quick and easy installation rather than long strings of terminal commands. Sorry for any ambiguity there.
    Last edited by innocentbystander; 04/22/2011 at 05:55 AM.
  3.    #303  
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    What about simply mounting an image file where normally the SD card would be mounted?
    internal Pre partition is mounted under Android, is simple bind this mount to SD card path, but Android don΄t accept this as SD card and in silent ignore it

i think similar as "network available checking" in webOS, you have connected Pre via usb to PC and in command line on Pre work internet shared from PC, but webOS apps say no internet connection available....

after will be confirmed KernelPanic fix, and i hope resolved BootrNotSwitch i try look at SD checking again...
    the updated bootr worked for me! thanks k3dar for the great work!
    android looks awesome! will marktplace and telefon and so one be supported some time?
  5.    #305  
    JonnnnY: nice i move you to working, in list
    about marketplace, i think is hard... because for access to Marketplace must device have some compatibility and allowed access from Google, look as primary for device builder...
    http://source.android.com/faqs.html#...-compatibility

also i add link to list as edit6 to post #100 (link to #100 available from #1) i hope after more people with KernelPanic test new version, then list will be more and more with only working PreMinus

thanks all for testing, and reading me english
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnnnY View Post
    the updated bootr worked for me! thanks k3dar for the great work!
    android looks awesome! will marktplace and telefon and so one be supported some time?
    Marketplace probably not, this is only for companies who have an agreement with Google.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Does that means, that it will not be possibile to download any apps? :P
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnnnY View Post
    Does that means, that it will not be possibile to download any apps? :P
    At least not directly from the (official) Google App Market.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    ah ok...too bad! hopefully there will be a facebook app.
    hey guys, do you know that multitasking working too?
    oh and i'm running F104A Screenstate2 500/1000 fwiw
    I may try installing market.apk and using my Android ID from my tablet to see if this could be done. It would be nice to be able to install apps, still looking forward to see where this goes.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    mjkjr: jeah, looking forward to your results.
    Well it is definitely possible to get the Market running on unauthorized devices... But it's not pretty.
    http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38802
    Perhaps this is where that new webOS forum at xda-developers might come in handy.
    Also, has anyone managed to get in contact with the android-on-pre devs to get the source code? Is there anyone who speaks Chinese?
    Last edited by innocentbystander; 04/22/2011 at 12:55 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Also, has anyone managed to get in contact with the android-on-pre devs to get the source code? Is there anyone who speaks Chinese?
    Better said...: Can the devs speak English?
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    Please Tell Me.. How Do I Do It Is How Do I Download It?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Just a note:

I'm trying this on a Sprint Pre- with a GSM Pre2 commboard (swapped the sprint one into my Pre2).
    Running from meta-doctored sprint pre 2.1.0.(WIFI works in webOS)

This all works fine for installing Android.

Can not turn on WIFI:

root@android:/ #ifconfig eth0 up
    ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device.
    Quote Originally Posted by LWeiss464 View Post
    Please Tell Me.. How Do I Do It Is How Do I Download It?
    Hi! Congrats on your first post. You'll want to read post #100 in this thread and preferably every post in this thread since this project has a big TESTING, DO AT YOUR OWN RISK label on it. Enjoy!
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    Just a note:

I'm trying this on a Sprint Pre- with a GSM Pre2 commboard (swapped the sprint one into my Pre2).
    Running from meta-doctored sprint pre 2.1.0.(WIFI works in webOS)

This all works fine for installing Android.

Can not turn on WIFI:

When you run ifconfig what devices does it list?
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Quote Originally Posted by gfdos.sys View Post
    Can not turn on WIFI:

Look here: http://forums.precentral.net/other-handhelds/278450-android-pre-9.html#post2942641
    I think you have to enable WiFi in the Android settings (via GUI) before running the command.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    So I have successful boot. Haven't gotten to get the wifi working yet. You can add me to the list.
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre