Page 14 of 36 FirstFirst ... 491011121314151617181924 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Not sure if I should make a separate thread for this, but I noticed that the SE Xperia X10 Mini has the same processor and GPU as the Pixi (just different Qualcomm chipset). Is it possible to port Android to the Pixi as well?
    Palm Pixi Sprint, webOS 1.4.5 (Overclocked to 806.4 MHz using UberKernel)
    Devices Palm Pixi, BlackBerry Bold 9650, Barnes & Noble nook, Apple iMac
    Looking online, it appears if a linux install gives the error saying "Cannot setup loop devices" which is the first error us with the kernel panic errors are getting, it suggests to increase the number of loops.

Tiny Core Linux Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Anyway you can incorporate this in a patch so we can try it?
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Could someone else please post the process in either bullets or numerical order?

I'm having a toughie understanding the chinese dude's english, although i think it's awesome that he's providing a huge link between here and the Chinese forums.

Thank you!

oh and when i try, i get a error message that says "can't cd to /media/internal/android" "mv: cannot rename 'AoP.sh.txt' no such file or directory" and "sh: cannot open AoP.sh"

and one last question: how in the world do you create directories?
    Quote Originally Posted by tanker225 View Post
    oh and when i try, i get a error message that says "can't cd to /media/internal/android" "mv: cannot rename 'AoP.sh.txt' no such file or directory" and "sh: cannot open AoP.sh"
    Make sure you first create and properly name the directory "android" on your USB partition. As always, when testing read the instructions a million times before attempting.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I got it working, i had to access it through the terminal on the device it'self.

It's running right now. i hope it works great!

Oh, can this run android apps also?
    and the Android marketplace?
  6.    #266  
    tanker: how create directory ? using mkdir command, Internalz(Pro), using your favorite FileManager or OS with Pre connecting in USB Storage mode error you post is sure because you have wrong dir... try this over novaterm:

mkdir /media/internal/android

next download AoP.sh.txt to this dir using your favorite Web browser
    and using novaterm:

sh AoP.sh.txt all

If you have PrePlus or Pre2 then your device will be broken after this....

Btw: yes, me english is not good, but i'm not chinese dude and this is not language thread i think, but technical, and creating directory is i think in first lesson of computer use

edit:
    marketplace is only for official android device, and apps need available SD card in Android, i try use Pre USB as SD card in Android, but withous success, i think need some patch in Android detection if SD present.. or maybe only settings...
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    Btw: yes, me english is not good, but i'm not chinese dude and this is not language thread i think, but technical, and creating directory is i think in first lesson of computer use
    burned! But thank you a million times! may a thousand virgins await you in whatever heaven you await!
    same here, still kernel-panic after "test-on-145.patch"
    Last edited by JonnnnY; 04/21/2011 at 10:05 PM.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Are you using a Palm Pre Plus or a Pixi? because they aren't supported.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    i have a pre minus and i keep getting the kernel panic issue. I am running 1.45 and have used the "test-on-145.patch". i was wondering what we have come up with too fix this or if this only works with 2.1.
    thanks for all the great work so far
    Sanyo basic Flip phone- Moto Krazer- Moto Razer2- Palm Pre
  11.    #271  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Anyway you can incorporate this in a patch so we can try it?
    In patch no, because i don't manipulate with cmdline setting, you can try :
    Pre in recovery, and over Novaterm, after Enter:
    Code:
    setenv bootfile "uImage.usbnet"
    setenv bootargs "root=/dev/mmcblk0p2 rootwait ro init=/sbin/init.android.bootr max_loop=255"
    fsboot
    This set temporary kernel and init to android, and set max number of loop to 255.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I just got the kernal panic issue... its a confirmed Pre minus running 1.4.5, i am about to try the test-on-145.patch... I hope it works!
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    it just gave me the kernel panic error again. should i call the doctor and try another install? What do i do to make the "test-on-145.patch" work?
  14.    #274  
    test-on-145.patch is ONLY test on 1.4.5 look as nonworking, please try as i type in post #271 above your. Doctor don't help, only if you use metadoctor and upgrade to 2.1
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Alrighty, so here's what i'm doing. went into novaterm and wrote "sh AoP.sh uninstall" it uninstalled everything then i went back and wrote "sh AoP.sh all" and it reinstalled it. Now i'm going to increase the number of loops! Hope it works!
  16.    #276  
    i hope too..

on me PreMinus with 2.1 i try this combination:
    2.1 init script
    + 2.1 Uberkernel

1.4.5 init script
    + 2.1 Uberkernel
    + 2.1 Stock kernel
    + 1.4.5 Uberkernel (from january 2011)
    + 1.4.5 Stock kernel

but in all combination for me selection in Bootr and booting to Android work fine...
    (without settings of max_loop)
    setenv: not found...

Edit: never mind. Did it in recovery mode. Worked fine, but still have kernel panic.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Same, setenv: not found... and it did not work. So Do you think it will be best to metadoctor to 2.1? I haven't done any metadoctoring lately ever since i did someone's frankenpre... all i remember is that it is a headache

*Edit 1: i tried going into recovery mode but for some reason it does not like to do that.
    *Edit 2: It went into recovery, it worked fine but it still gives me the Kernel panic error code... see my below post #280.
    *Edit 3: I redownloaded the newest version of the AoP.sh file and it works! now could someone tell me how to activate wifi through Windows Vista? Use this format please!
    1) blah blah blah
    2) blah blah blah
    3) blah blah blah
    *Edit 4: Yay! i got wifi working! i ended up using PuTTY to access my device. it is easier this way! Now... to get applications on this!
    Last edited by tanker225; 04/22/2011 at 10:42 PM.
  19.    #279  
    tanker225: if novaterm connect in recovery, is first need press only enter, after this you see recovery prompt ] and can you type recovery command.
    metadoctor to 2.1 sure help, but i think is really not need (if you don't want 2.1)...

ok, i try busybox from 1.4.5 if this help me show kernel panic
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Alright, i hope you can find it because mine says
    "mount: cannot set up loop device: no such file or directory
    pivot_root: no such file or directory
    umount: cannot umount /boot/dev: no such file or directory"
    and so on until it reaches something that says
    "[3.430000] Kernel panic- not syncing: attemped to kill init!
    [3.430000] cy8mrln:scan timed out"

Any ideas?? :/