Page 13 of 36 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    well since its rod, I guess I will agree! My phone was not a "brick" for two hours it was simply unbootable for two hours, during which I used my phone as a paper weight, and even managed to throw it at a few people with great success. Not like a brick at all
    edit: I do however understand that the term brick means permanent failure, which is currently impossible!
    Last edited by mannyfrehest; 04/21/2011 at 05:37 PM. Reason: i concede
    The installation process worked for me on a Pre minus using webos 2.1. I had to use novacom to run the script since terminus always crashed before the installation was finished which led to a bootable state but not working Android. I would love to see the development of this go further until we have all hardware supported. I mean, webos isn't bad at all but it's certainly lacking certain features and having a choice is always good.
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    SirataXero: i look again to you debug.txt and... are you sure you have PrePlus ? you have 256MB RAM

I forgot delete working line... in any case this not affect function
    Haha yeah I forgot to mention that this is a "down converted" pre plus. It used to be a Pre Minus but I swapped comm boards and it is a Pre Minus with a Verizon Pre Plus comm board inside, and the best way to make it work is to make it think it's a Pre Plus. So, in effect, it is a Pre Plus... .
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    So, in effect, it is a Pre Plus... .
    ...a Pre "Plus" with 256 MB RAM?
    once I do this will I have a problem going back?
    I got back using the recovery script. Data, apps, files were all just fine. YMMV though.
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    once I do this will I have a problem going back?
    Yeah, please don't do it if you don't read the full thread and understand the implications.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    I got back using the recovery script. Data, apps, files were all just fine. YMMV though.
    just installing softaware with webos doctor won't work? Another question is it a diff if it's on 2.1 or 1.4.5?
    i have some problem with a german O2 pre 1.4.5, after the installation my pre is stucked to the bootr screen and i can't select any OS or boot the default OS

i attach the 2 log file maybe someone can help me
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Federico Pietta "Darkmagister"
    http://www.darkmagister.org
    http://www.wosp.it
    Linux Registered User: #425709

public gpg key: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key 1B20570B
    Quote Originally Posted by zalmy2 View Post
    just installing softaware with webos doctor won't work? Another question is it a diff if it's on 2.1 or 1.4.5?
    Of course you can recover with webOS Doctor!!!!... the script is easier and faster

It has sub-scripts for patching 1.4 or 2.x files, so I don't think it matters which version you are on
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    no problem the restore of the original bootloader, i have used the boot-fix script (i have attached the log file ) but the question is... how can i make the bootr work ????

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by greg_roll View Post
    Yep it all looks good but running sudo ifconfig usb0 192.168.0.200 fixed it.

Ill double check everything again.

YAY for android

Thanks,
    Greg
    how do you run this while booting android? I followed all steps in post #100 and am getting the same error you were.
  13.    #253  
    Darkmagister(and others with not working button in Bootr): please check updated AoP.sh

BCrowie: this greg_roll answer is about NFS installation, where is need established usb network.

SirataXero: ) ok, but for kernel you have PreMinus with 256MB and with PrePlus commboard... sorry, but in this thread will be you hybridPrePlus degraded to PreMinus
    SirataXero: ) ok, but for kernel you have PreMinus with 256MB and with PrePlus commboard... sorry, but in this thread will be you hybridPrePlus degraded to PreMinus
    haha no problem. It makes the most sense to isolate these kinds of devices as well.
    well I installed using steps from your #100 and when i boot into android i get this error

cy8mrln: scan timed out

how do I fix this?
  16.    #256  
    BCrowie: this is debug message, you see any others as kernel panic ?

edit:
    Removed patch test-on-145.patch, because is not working, and kernelpanic is now fixed
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/22/2011 at 05:04 AM.
    ill show you where the errors start that i can see.

mount: cannot setup loop device: No such file or directory
    pivot_root: no such file or directory
    umount: cannot umount /boot/dev: no such file or directory
    umount: cannot umount /boot/proc: no such file or directory
    umount: cannot umount /boot/sys: no such file or directory
    /sbin/init: line 81: /sbin/ifconfig: not found
    /sbin init: exec: line 83 /init: not found
    [3.430000] kernel panic - noy syncing: Attempted to kill init!
    [3.430000] cy0mrln: scan timed out
    Darkmagister(and others with not working button in Bootr): please check updated AoP.sh
    the update AoP.sh only install bootr also if it's alreby installed ??? but i have already reinstalled bootr ... and nothing

i tried that patch, still getting same error while booting into android
  20.    #260  
    I realy don't know, in patch is setup date if <2000, this is one from 2 difference between 1.4.5 and 2.1 init, second is making device for next 4-15 partition on mmc, but this is not used...
    I try on me 2.1 replace files for patch's from 1.4.5, and try install with 2.1 busybox patch or with GNU/Patch, both create for me same files, and Android booted with patched 1.4.5 init files ok...

Maybe i try replace kernel with stock 1.4.5 a try with it....

Anyway in me initial debug of AoP.sh script, kernel panic i see only if i have empty boot.ext3, and all who send me log have boot.ext3 with all files...

Darkmagister: yes, and removed notblocking but stupid governor error, sorry i ovelook that in second log you have showed right init.sh for Bootr... If Bootr don't have this file, then is loaded but buttons don't work.. can you please send me from novaterm:
    md5sum /boot/bootr/bin/init.sh
    or only check if is:
    31b3190455112ff8401bbb01442d378a before use test-on-145.patch
    or
    ab578f296d27b446af4e647506230bd0 after use test-on-145.patch
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/21/2011 at 09:04 PM.