Page 12 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #221  
    added link to dual-boot howto (#100) at end of first post
    thanks for the great work k3dar! hope, you will find the bugs asap
    a full working android for my pre would be awesome!
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    PrePlus is not currrently supported

i update AoP.sh script for debug kernel panic on PreMinus
    anyone with this issue, please redownload it and run over novaterm on PC, or SDLTerminal/Terminus:
    sh AoP.sh.txt debug
    resulted AoP-debug.txt please post here as attachment..
    wait... on your PrePlus don't Android hung at logo but you see kernel panic after some line of messages? and after remove/back battery you have started Bootr and webOS start ok ?
    Yup. I wanted to fix your warning there, my Pre Plus boots WebOS perfectly fine when I select it from Bootr. It's only when I do Android I get kernel panic. Replacing battery lets me boot into webOS any time, easily. I do have webOS 1.4.5, so that might be the difference. Not sure.

I'm about to try the new AoP.sh and see if it works this time around.
  4.    #224  
    SirataXero: Yes Bootr work on Plus, but all here with PrePlus have Android hung on logo(with need use boot-fix), and you only one who see KernelPanic on Plus
    Please use debug with AoP.sh and attach here created AoP-debug.txt
    This is good. Pre Plus here and patiently waiting til the weekend to try this on my primary phone.
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
  6.    #226  
    I try recapitulize what i find in thread about working/nonworking, if anyone is not listed, or is listed without webOS version, Kernel, or Operator info then please send me PM and i add to this post.

PreMinus - Working:
    k3dar - 2.1(O2_DE), UberKernel-SS-500/800
    copystring - 2.1(O2_DE), UberKernel SS 250/500
    teabiscuit69 - 2.1(Sprint)
    mjkjr - 2.1(Verizon)
    stubbs - 2.1
    johnnyboi1994
    CaliMark - 2.1(Sprint), F105a Kernal
    scarriles - 2.1(Sprint)
    shinebar - 2.1(O2_DE), Uberkernel
    jonas916 - 2.1(Sprint), Uberkernel-SS-500/1000
    javiermorales - (Spain)
    greatjim - 2.1(O2_DE), UberKernel-SS-500/800
    JonnnnY - 1.4.5, UberKernel-SS-500/800
    Aruth09 - 1.4.5
    gfdos.sys - 2.1 Sprint(+GSM Pre2 commboard)
    SirataXero - 1.4.5(Verizon)(+PrePlus CommBoard)
    Sk3lleton - 1.4.5(Sprint), stock kernel
    mamouton - 2.1
    draztikrhymez - 1.4.5, Uberkernel-500/1000
    Charlywhat - 1.4.5
    NuttyBunny - Telcel GSM
    darkproteus66 - 2.1(Sprint), Uberkernel-1ghz(compcache 256MB)
    tanker225 - 1.4.5

PreMinus - Problem:
    deviloruim - KernelPanic, 2.1
    Lentrave - Bootr not change OS, after boot-fix Bootr stay and Android hung on Logo
    Darkmagister - Bootr not change OS, 1.4.5(O2_DE)

PrePlus - Problem:
    NuttyBunny: HungOnLogo
    innocentbystander: HungOnLogo
    weedalin: HungOnLogo, 2.1(Verizon)
    mannyfrehest: HungOnLogo, 2.1(Verizon)
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/30/2011 at 11:39 AM.
    Apparently, my problem is that the scaling governor can not be found... (according to novaterm).

The first error I can see in the command prompt before the kernel panic is:

mount: cannot setup loop device: No such file or directory.

It then goes on to say:

pivot_root: No such file or directory.

It then has a few more cannot umount errors because there's no such file or directories. Then it gives me the kernel panic. Exact error:

[3.460000] Kernel panic - not syncing: Attempted to kill init!
    [3.460000] cy8mrln: Scan timed out

Hope this helps to diagnose!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by SirataXero; 04/21/2011 at 02:01 PM.
    i used meta-doctor after bootr install and all is well. I couldn't figure out other fixes, ok though cuz I lost no data after doctor. I hope this works for pre plus soon, however as of now it seems to install fine and then brick the phone upon android selection. I have two verizon pre plus phones, one I keep completely stock and the other is for fun so if ya need a tester I have a phone that is running verizon, and I'm willing to brick as much as is needed for testing. I am not an ***** and am very tech fluent. Clear instructions is all I need! Pm me I can post videos and simple summaries. Off topic anyone want me to post verizon meta-doctor 2.1 how-to video or Iz that old news?
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    ... as of now it seems to install fine and then brick the phone ... and I'm willing to brick as much as is needed ...
    I love your use of 'brick'! So far there's no software that will itself brick the Pre-/+. Remember, bricks don't run webOS and are only good for paper weights, building stuff, skipping across a lake, throwing at annoying people...
    "just like your rims still spin even after your car stops/ then where will you spend eternity after your heart stops huh?"
    working on pre - 2.1 (sprint) got wifi working too
  11.    #231  
    SirataXero: thanks, i know exact what is ocured, but i don't know why, based on AoP-debug.txt you have installed all OK. Maybe i some overlook...

mannyfrehest: all is well = webOS start normaly ? anyway thanks for offer of testing on your Plus, if i have any for test i sure write you.

scarriles: thanks, i added you to list, can you please post what kernel you use for complete info ?
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/21/2011 at 02:20 PM.
    I forgot to mention, I have wifi working as well. Too bad you have to connect via USB after a restart to get it to scan networks again. This is a very cool project and I can't wait to see where it goes.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    SirataXero: thanks, i know exact what is ocured, but i don't know why, based on AoP-debug.txt you have installed all OK. Maybe i some overlook...
    Blah! I was hoping it was an error on my part that I could fix. Oh well. Thanks for all your help. I guess we'll see if its possible eventually. .

Appreciate all your work!
    k3dar yes normal webos 2.1 start up, and by brick I mean my phone was completely useless which it was, but it only lasted a few hours. Phone IS brickable its just un-brickable too
    LOL! Fair enough!

Sorry, authority (rwhitby) spoke so I can't encourage false beliefs, even if sarcastic.
    Last edited by determinedd; 04/21/2011 at 04:40 PM.
  16.    #236  
    SirataXero: i look again to you debug.txt and... are you sure you have PrePlus ? you have 256MB RAM

Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    problem is that the scaling governor can not be found
    I forgot delete working line... in any case this not affect function
    Last edited by k3dar; 04/21/2011 at 03:31 PM.
    I try recapitulize what i find in thread about working/nonworking, if anyone is not listed, or is listed without webOS version, Kernel, or Operator info then please send me PM and i add to this post.

PreMinus - Working:
    k3dar - 2.1(O2_DE), UberKernel-SS-500/800
    copystring - 2.1(O2_DE)
    teabiscuit69 - 2.1(Sprint)
    mjkjr - 2.1(Verizon)
    stubbs - 2.1
    johnnyboi1994
    CaliMark
    scarriles - 2.1(Sprint)
    shinebar - 2.1(O2_DE), Uberkernel

PreMinus - Problem:
    deviloruim - KernelPanic, 2.1
    draztikrhymez - KernelPanic
    JonnnnY - KernelPanic, 1.4.5, UberKernel-SS-500/800
    stubbs - KernelPanic, 1.4.5 (before redoctor to 2.1)
    Lentrave - Bootr not change OS, after boot-fix Bootr stay and Android hung on Logo

PrePlus - Problem:
    SirataXero: KernelPanic, 1.4.5(Verizon)
    NuttyBunny: HungOnLogo
    innocentbystander: HungOnLogo
    weedalin: HungOnLogo, 2.1(Verizon)
    mannyfrehest: HungOnLogo, 2.1(Verizon)
    CaliMark 2.1(sprint), F105a Kernal
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    k3dar yes normal webos 2.1 start up, and by brick I mean my phone was completely useless which it was, but it only lasted a few hours. Phone IS brickable its just un-brickable too
    So it was simply unbootable, not a brick.

The Pre is NOT brickable. Period.

-- Rod
    mjkjr likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    So it was simply unbootable, not a brick.

The Pre is NOT brickable. Period.

-- Rod
    Agree'd people need to remember bricked means there is nothing at all you can do to fix it. It's completely useless forever...
    Quote Originally Posted by draztikrhymez View Post
    It's completely useless forever...
    Not quite. Bricks are great one-time stress relievers.