Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
    update: i didnt have the mute switch set to on, once i did this and reset the phone i got the bootr screen to show up but when i selected android and pressed power button it stuck on my penguin screen. im sure im not bein impatient cuz its been like this for twenty minutes. reset brings back stuck penguin. this is what happens to everyone isnt it? whats the quick fix i may not try this again if its not stable enough to boot on metadoctored ver pre plus
    @mannyfrehest:
    Pre Plus is NOT NOT NOT supported!
    Don't try the dual-boot thing on a Pre Plus this time (not sure if NFS works on a Pre Plus, but I don't think so)
    Fix: http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ml#post2941526

AND ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    (I'm sure there are still people here who don't understand this)
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcworld View Post
    @mannyfrehest:
    Pre Plus is NOT NOT NOT supported!
    Don't try the dual-boot thing on a Pre Plus this time (not sure if NFS works on a Pre Plus, but I don't think so)
    Fix: http://forums.precentral.net/other-h...ml#post2941526

AND ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK!
    (I'm sure there are still people here who don't understand this)
    Welcome to the club. People don't care to read the thread and just go and do dumb things.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Welcome to the club. People don't care to read the thread and just go and do dumb things.
    Probably wasn't a good idea that PreCentral and webOS roundup posted about this in this really early stage of the project...
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    i am stuck to the webos select screen ... i can do anything ( volup and down , power do nothing) ... i use the script all work fine but im stuck here ... i have a pre minus
    Last edited by Lentrave; 04/21/2011 at 11:30 AM.
    Solution? Does i have to doctor it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrave View Post
    Solution? Does i have to doctor it ?
    Yesssss!!!!!!!

Unless you're capable of reading the entire thread... Grrrr

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
  8.    #208  
    added to #100 edit4: link to boot-fix and second info about nonsupported PrePlus

NFS install don't work with PrePlus, NFS install help now only for people with kernel panic error on PreMinus.

lentrave: please use instruction under edit4 here, after webOS boot, then please use instruction under edit3, and post AoP-debug.txt as attachment.
    tanks .... i try it ... nom my phone is stuck to palm logo ... not flashing ... i will retry
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnnnY View Post
    the debug-file! hope, everything is ok
    look that installed is all ok, you have installed UberKernel ?

if yes, please can anyone with working dual-boot on PreMinus with 1.4.5 and UberKernel screenstate 500/800 confirm that this is not problem ?
    i have uberkernel install ans now im stuck ... the fix dont work ... the phone restart but stuck at palm logo ... for 10 minutes , i restart the phone and the webos/android select screen is still there and i can do nothing
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    look that installed is all ok, you have installed UberKernel ?

if yes, please can anyone with working dual-boot on PreMinus with 1.4.5 and UberKernel screenstate 500/800 confirm that this is not problem ?
    yes, UberKernel with screenstate 500/800 here. maybe that's the problem?
  13.    #213  
    Quote Originally Posted by mannyfrehest View Post
    didnt have the mute switch set to on
    you have PrePlus... but for others with PreMinus:

MuteSwitch to ON is ONLY alternative to PowerButton (if broken)
    Not need switch before boot, is used like normal button - OFF=not press, ON=press.
    so ... the fix dont work ... someone have somethig else to try ... or i call the doctor ?
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    k3dar, I got it working on my Pre- by flashing meta-d 2.1, then running the script again. Worked great.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lentrave View Post
    so ... the fix dont work ... someone have somethig else to try ... or i call the doctor ?
    It works, did you enable recovery mode correctly? Instead of "sleep 30" in the commands try "sleep 60", my Plus takes a bit more than 30 secs to boot. PM me so we can fix your device, it's not that hard

17.    #217  
    Lentrave: you can attach output of boot-fix exact what you see on terminal after run ?
  18.    #218  
    i change waiting from 30 to 60s in boot-fix post
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    i change waiting from 30 to 60s in boot-fix post
    Could you also put a link to the dual-boot instructions post into the first post? So I don't have to search for it every time

Btw, thanks for your great work and communication bridge between us and the Chinese forums!
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by stubbs View Post
    k3dar, I got it working on my Pre- by flashing meta-d 2.1, then running the script again. Worked great.
    What kernel you installed on 1.4.5 before ?