Page 10 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree14Likes
  1.    #181  
    i update post #100 with dualboot howto: add info about Wifi with links to posts and info about working only on PreMinus
  2.    #182  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I also get the Kernel panic error and android stops loading. Any word?
    i think this is same problem as have some people on PreMinus, i hope i find sollution soon...
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    i think this is same problem as have some people on PreMinus, i hope i find sollution soon...
    Did you contact the devs of this project about the source code?
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    jo same here, installed via pre using Terminus...
    everything seems working fine but when booting android, i get the kernel-panic error..
    " While it doesn't replace webOS or appear to be desctructive in any way..."
    Stupid. How many devices has this bricked now?
    Not saying that this isn't a great project.
    Trying the fix script now.
    Getting the HP logo... phew...
    It's glowing! z0mgggggg...
    Beautiful, beautiful webOS. My two days on an iPhone remind me why I love Palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    No, it's not destructive in any way, it does overwrite certain boot files and changes links here and thers but keeps backup of everything it modifies, that's the reason said fix script worked, because it restored the files as they were originally.

Instead of complaining you should be grateful that the scripts are nicely packaged, documented and done

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Just remember: If I helped you, press the thanks button!

Owner of: Pre Sprint, Pre Telcel, Pre Plus AT&T, Pre 2 Unlocked, Pixi Plus AT&T, and 2 TouchPads (my Pre3 was stolen so it won't appear again here).
    Needs: Veer (anyone?)
    Apps: Subnet Calculator, FreeCam, PhotoFun, NuttyPad (work in progress)
    HomeBrew: meta-doctor and Messaging Plugins collaborator
    Twitter: @cesarneg
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    Instead of complaining you should be grateful that the scripts are nicely packaged, documented and done
    Yeah. And if you haven't noticed, there is everywhere in bold that it is experimental, try at your own risk etc. If you try this on your primary phone that's your fault.
    Apps (they're all free now): Explorer for Dropbox – a Dropbox app for webOS that actually works (TP+phones), 3-panel-interface
    File Explorer – fast and simple file manager (root support on webOS 3)
    QuickChat for Facebook – real-time Facebook chat (broken)
    Archive Manager – extract and create archives (zip, rar, 7z, …)
    FTPit! – full-featured FTP client for webOS
    e-mail (contact, support) – if you like what I'm doing, feel free to (alternatively in USD)
    installed via terminus on my verizon palm pre plus webos 2.1. Installation went smooth, however when I reset my phone nothing happens. As a matter of fact there is no changes what so ever in how my phone boots. Obviously I must have did something wrong....help?
  9.    #189  
    mannyfrehest: terminus exit if AoP.sh show error, or after finish, try install using SDLTerminal. I think you lost install "GNU Patch".
    Hello,

anyone have tried to use this patch to a german PalmPre Plus?
    Global Posts
    401 Global Posts
    Is this a gimmick install, or will there be actual development on the project to fix issues?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    I'm using this on a Palm Pre Plus. I guess there's some difference between the two phones that's causing the problem.

Looking forward to a solution (if possible).
  13.    #193  
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Getting the HP logo... phew...
    It's glowing! z0mgggggg...
    Beautiful, beautiful webOS. My two days on an iPhone remind me why I love Palm.
    Sorry, but :
    For now is 0 device bricked.
    YOU must read all info about experimental and using on your risk.
    YOU install on unsupported and untested PrePlus
    YOU install using unsupported and untested Terminus before me answer
    YOU run boot-fix script after one day of publishing

Only PrePlus is unbootable after install, and simple fixed using boot-fix
    Others with kernel panic on PreMinus don't have problem, only remove battery and Pre boot into Bootr, and press PowerButton for webOS....
    Quote Originally Posted by k3dar View Post
    mannyfrehest: terminus exit if AoP.sh show error, or after finish, try install using SDLTerminal. I think you lost install "GNU Patch".
    in my case, terminus not exit after finish. there was a "done" text and than i restart the phone but get the kernel-panic error. maybe there was a problem with terminus? maybe ... =P
  15.    #195  
    PrePlus is not currrently supported

i update AoP.sh script for debug kernel panic on PreMinus
    anyone with this issue, please redownload it and run over novaterm on PC, or SDLTerminal/Terminus:
    sh AoP.sh.txt debug
    resulted AoP-debug.txt please post here as attachment..
  16.    #196  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    I'm using this on a Palm Pre Plus. I guess there's some difference between the two phones that's causing the problem.
    wait... on your PrePlus don't Android hung at logo but you see kernel panic after some line of messages? and after remove/back battery you have started Bootr and webOS start ok ?
  17.    #197  
    JonnnnY: if you don't want download files from www on Pre, is posible download all files manualy on PC, if you want download all files from www on Pre, then is only need AoP.sh.txt

for kernel panic please look at #195
    the debug-file! hope, everything is ok
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Just wanted to post my results. I have successfully installed this via the instructions in post 100 on my Dev Verizon Palm Pre (not plus) running webOS 2.1.0. No issues with install.
    Sprint Pre Plus 1.4.5
    Dev Verizon Pre 2.1.0
    Weather App in the works...
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    i am definitely following this thread!
    thank you very much for the cool research
    ... trying to android on my palm pre