1.    #1  
    Hi Guys

Just read that Apple has sold 1 Million units of iPad2 over the weekend, analyst say, they just waiting for Apple to confirm. These are insane numbers. Wonder how many units HP will sell on opening day? Also would Apple have sold 1 million units if HP started to sell the HP TouchPad in Feb. Either way other companies can learn from Apple.
    source?
    Not surprising at all. iPad 2 will sell 15 million this year.
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

4.    #4  
    The source is :
    BGR.com
    9to5mac.com
    appleinsider.com
    I honestly believe Apple would have sold a high number no matter who released a competing product. I don't think HP will sell as many on day one (or weekend one) for many reasons (apps, recovering from a damaged platform brand, etc.) but I don't think they have to sell that many.

It's a double standard but I almost feel that companies aren't expected to do as well as Apple to be considered successful. On the other hand, I feel that if Apple doesn't post really high numbers, many will consider them to have failed just because it has become the norm for them. Look at the Verizon iPhone 4 "lines" for example.
  6.    #6  
    Yeh I know Verizon didnt do so well as they thought they do, not lot of people moved from AT&T to Verizon and not lot of people jumped on iPhone4, maybe cause they are waiting for iPhone5, but Verizon wont be getting iPhone5 only AT&T, I myself was waiting for Pre3 but now I am waiting for iPhone5, I will get it only if they come out with 4" screen. Also I understand that HP wont sell so many units over one weekend but all I am saying is maybe if they released TouchPad before Apple then maybe they could have cut in to Apple numbers. I read that 70% are new comers to Apple and 30% upgraded to iPad2, HP could have cut in to those 70%. I dont think any company will be able to match those numbers over a weekend. It just shows how high the bar is set by Apple and the following they have and keep getting.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    The source is :
    BGR.com
    9to5mac.com
    appleinsider.com
    I think that they wanted the link:

Apple sold nearly 1 million iPad 2 tablets over weekend, analysts claim | BGR

Here is Reuters:
    Apple iPad 2 sales seen clearing 1 million units | Reuters

(Reuters) - Apple Inc sold close to 1 million units of its next-generation tablet computer during its debut weekend, analysts estimated.

By comparison, the original version of the iPad, which launched in April of 2010, crossed the one-million mark 28 days after its launch...

The iPad 2 went on sale in the United States on Friday evening at Apple stores, AT&T and Verizon Wireless outlets, as well as Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy stores, greeted by thousands of eager customers...

"Our field checks over the weekend indicate that the iPad 2 sold out at every Apple and non-Apple store we contacted," White wrote in a research note. "In fact, all the stores had worked through iPad 2 inventory by Saturday afternoon, and there were no new iPad 2 deliveries on Sunday."

...Best Buy on Friday said some of its outlets ran out of the tablet and its accessories within 10 minutes...

--------------------
    WalMart got on average 6 at each of their 8000 US stores and almost all sold out Friday night most within a few minutes.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/14/2011 at 12:22 PM.
    Actually, I heard it was .5 million on the local readio station, while I was working out this morning.

That's a huge difference - a definitive clarification would be nice.
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

9.    #9  
    Everyone is waiting for the true numbers from Apple today, they can speculate all they want but when Apple comes out with the numbers those will be real.
  10.    #10  
    iPad2 cover will generate 1 Billion in revenue just on these covers alone.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    iPad2 cover will generate 1 Billion in revenue just on these covers alone.
    Yep. And u notice the deep dark... Ok... Manly colors are only available in the more expensive leather? Lol. They can't do a polyeurothane in black? Oh well... I wanted it in leather anyways.