Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yes, this isn't 'Other Hardware' news, but it is news that I'm sure most would be interested in reading.

Joshua's 'goodbye':
    Hello, I must be going -- Engadget

At least he's not leaving completely... he will be staying on in a limited capacity behind the scenes and will still be hosting the Engadget Show.
    Last edited by HelloNNNewman; 03/12/2011 at 09:38 PM.
    I just read this, pretty sad. He's a pretty awesome guy. I'm sure he'll be doing some great stuff though.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Sprint Love
    He was the main guy pulling for webOS at Engadget. It was nice to see him play with the new devices on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon.
    AOL will do that to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    Yes, this isn't 'Other Hardware' news, but it is news that I'm sure most would be interested in reading.

Joshua's 'goodbye':
    Hello, I must be going -- Engadget

At least he's not leaving completely... he will be staying on in a limited capacity behind the scenes and will still be hosting the Engadget Show.
    The world of gadget's just got a lot less interesting. It's sad, he mad Engadget Engadget. But at last, all things come to an end.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    AOL will do that to you.
    I know, right!? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd change up in staff AOL has made there for some reason? Everything AOL touches goes to ppffftttttthhhhhhtttt
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I wonder if Engadget will ever be as funny to listen to. With Paul, Nilay, and now Josh leaving .. The face of Engadget is literally gone.
  8.    #8  
    ^^those are the other two names I couldn't think of.. I knew there were a couple others who were leaving/left.
    Yes I agree completely...Josh is about the only one left that still makes me smile. Not many people left that are worth listening too (sorry but I'm just not impressed with anyone else) and thankfully someone mentioned he'll be around for the Engadget Show broadcasts or at least I hope. Hope he does well in his future efforts! Sorli...
    Global Posts
    816 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I know, right!? Isn't this the 2nd or 3rd change up in staff AOL has made there for some reason? Everything AOL touches goes to ppffftttttthhhhhhtttt
    LOL at ppffftttttthhhhhhtttt
    i picture an elderly fart, meek yet potent
    ...This programming stuff is actually addictive but really hard :/
    The good news is Josh will turn up again without having to do things "The AOL Way"* which will be better for the tech community in general.

*A multi-page memo sent out to all AOL employees essentially squelching creative thought.
    Who's next? Michael Arrington at Techcrunch? He's already expressed his frustration recently, and he did it publicly.
    wow. i feel kinda weird. I've never heard of any of these people. and i got engadget bookmarked on my toolbar. guess i never paid attention.
    Global Posts
    690 Global Posts
    there goes the last guy pulling for palm.
    Engadget has had an incredible run. It started with Ryan and Peter. I didn't think it would survive without them. Then came J. Tops. Can lightning strike three times in the same place?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    The good news is Josh will turn up again without having to do things "The AOL Way"* which will be better for the tech community in general.

*A multi-page memo sent out to all AOL employees essentially squelching creative thought.
    Hopefully they'll all collaborate and make their own tech blog / site with a 100x better commenting system and 100% of the existing fanbase.. yeah that site would be pretty awesome
    Neo Enyo 2.0 Twitter App: NOW AVAILABLE | WON REVIEW
    clearview - clear card app for HP TOUCHPAD
    Wild'n Video Poker - AVAILABLE FOR ALL WEBOS DEVICES! | follow for latest updates - @fxspec06

It would be kind of cool and synergistic if Josh and Nilay went to gdgt.
  18. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    It would be kind of cool and synergistic if Josh and Nilay went to gdgt.
    I doubt they have left to be bag-carriers at someone else's enterprise. At this stage, they want to be cashing in and developing their own IPR.
    I hope they either start their own tech site, or perhaps become advisers for tech firms.

also, lets not forget that engadget also has tons of other great staff, and it will be interesting to see who takes the top three role.
    All 3 are gone, WHAT!? bah, might need to find a new tech site, been relying on edgadget and precentral for a long time now, any suggestions?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast