Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    I doubt they have left to be bag-carriers at someone else's enterprise. At this stage, they want to be cashing in and developing their own IPR.
    Actually, Josh worked under Ryan before Ryan left Engadget to start gdgt. But gdgt is completely different than Engadget (they don't do product reviews but rather the reviews are organic by users).
    This news definitely hit me hard this weekend. While I like Chris Ziegler and Sean Cooper of the Mobile podcast, it was Josh, Nilay, and Paul who kept me coming back week after week for the Engadget Classic podcast. I'd like more info on the AOL situation that caused this mass departure, if anyone has it.

EDIT: more info here.
    I'll be happy if arrington leaves techcrunch.. But this .. Damn!
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Actually, Josh worked under Ryan before Ryan left Engadget to start gdgt. But gdgt is completely different than Engadget (they don't do product reviews but rather the reviews are organic by users).
    But it would still involve being a bag-carrier. Why bother when he's currently got the opportunity to start something he owns himself?
    Quote Originally Posted by ieko View Post
    I wonder if Engadget will ever be as funny to listen to. With Paul, Nilay, and now Josh leaving .. The face of Engadget is literally gone.
    Wait, when did Paul and Nilay leave?

Edit: Wait, nm...
    Last edited by Bazirker; 03/14/2011 at 06:40 AM. Reason: I'm an idiot
    There are a lot of things Josh can do at this point as he marketed his brand wonderfully.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12