Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast
Results 121 to 140 of 211
  1. #121  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    You do realise that after Endgadjet's review, the only reason to buy the ipad2 is garage band?


    Read the review...look yourself in the mirror...and ask "why do I need an iPad2?"

    I read earlier too that lots of people ditching their iPads to get the iPad2! After only 1 year, you get rid of 'the thing I'm most in love with' to get the iPad2? There's loyalty for you. I mean, after the review "the cameras might as well not have been there, given how crappy they are", "it's thinner yet, but at the expense of proper sound - better buy yourself headsets/set of speakers", "it has Garage Band"...
    So you ditch the iPad to get Garage Band?
    Not that I'm worried mind you, and HP must be smiling at that news...because for the one of you with the impressive 80% graph of iPad2 wannabe owners...a HUGE percentage will be current iPad users! LOL...
    I hear, and see on TV about the crowds that flock for these new releases, and the majority of them have the immediately prior version...and some scenes from those 'undead' movies come to mind...like a flock of sheep, mindless zombies, hands outstretched: 'give me - Jobs said so'...
    I almost feel sorry for you...
    But you have to look at yourselves in the mirror every morning and answer why? No sense coming here trying to justify your wasting money on a piece of junk...
    I would like the Touchpad. I would have went with that first as I want a new experience. However come tomorrow I want something new. I will go with the spec bump and pass on my current device to my children. I use a little over 5 gigs a month on my current device. My commute to work allows me to view Slingbox, Netflix, stream movies from my home servers, connect to work with Citrix, Remote Control my home computers, read techincal PDFs, read books etc. Stuff I have been doing since last April.

    Your method, wait for something better, I would have been riding to and from work doing nothing expect looking at the back of the head of the person sitting in front of me. I'll take the spec bump of dual core and more memory, maybe even get the ATV2 and play around with Air whatever until I can do something with HP. You say sheep, I'm OK with that, 'cause I'll be doing something tomorrow.

    I like the HP model, one company, one place to get updates, one place to go for problems etc. It has the best chance at long term success vs other models.

    Oh, by the way, GB and iMovie is out now, today for iPad. I'm going to annoy all my fellow commmuters tomorrow with cheap head phones and talking on cells with my own muical rendition of We Will We Will Rock you. Downloading as I type.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 03/10/2011 at 09:11 PM.
  2. #122  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Is it your contention that the survey was done after HP's event.
    No. That is not my contention. All I see is Feb 2011. So I don't know. What I can assume is that it was before Apple's event.

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Not at all, I never said anything similar. I said "When HP's TouchPad is ready for users, I suspect users will hear about it. ". If I had added a "not before", or even said customers won't hear about it until then, you'd have a point. Barring either, I don't know how you could have been confused, but I won't speculate. .

    The demos are not HPs marketing campaign. Just a very small part of it. The serious marketing, as mentioned in the article, will kick in as the devices become available.
    Interesting. Did Apple's marketing campaign begin before this survey? Is that why it got such a high percentage in that survey even before it was even demoed? Love your logic mate.

    Anyway, none of this refutes me saying that all the guys in the "other" category need to get the word out about there devices if it is true that no one knows what "other" is. Good luck to you sir. I think I'm done with this side track.
  3. #123  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    You do realise that after Endgadjet's review, the only reason to buy the ipad2 is garage band?


    Read the review...look yourself in the mirror...and ask "why do I need an iPad2?"

    I read earlier too that lots of people ditching their iPads to get the iPad2! After only 1 year, you get rid of 'the thing I'm most in love with' to get the iPad2? There's loyalty for you. I mean, after the review "the cameras might as well not have been there, given how crappy they are", "it's thinner yet, but at the expense of proper sound - better buy yourself headsets/set of speakers", "it has Garage Band"...
    So you ditch the iPad to get Garage Band?
    Not that I'm worried mind you, and HP must be smiling at that news...because for the one of you with the impressive 80% graph of iPad2 wannabe owners...a HUGE percentage will be current iPad users! LOL...
    I hear, and see on TV about the crowds that flock for these new releases, and the majority of them have the immediately prior version...and some scenes from those 'undead' movies come to mind...like a flock of sheep, mindless zombies, hands outstretched: 'give me - Jobs said so'...
    I almost feel sorry for you...
    But you have to look at yourselves in the mirror every morning and answer why? No sense coming here trying to justify your wasting money on a piece of junk...
    You sound upset. It is interesting that you seem to see return customers as a bad thing. If I sold millions of a particular product and I get a huge percentage of those customers to purchase the next version of that product I'd be pretty happy. Wouldn't you be?
  4. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #124  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    You sound upset. It is interesting that you seem to see return customers as a bad thing. If I sold millions of a particular product and I get a huge percentage of those customers to purchase the next version of that product I'd be pretty happy. Wouldn't you be?
    LOL! Upset! Not at all...and yes...as Steve Jobs...damned right I'd be happy...he's doing something right indeed...
    Says quite a lot about his following though...
    It's not that I see return customers a bad thing...it's just I find it hard to see the necessity for doing away with a perfectly good thing...just to get the new thing...never mind the new thing does nothing really new at all...
  5. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #125  
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    I would like the Touchpad. I would have went with that first as I want a new experience. However come tomorrow I want something new. I will go with the spec bump and pass on my current device to my children. I use a little over 5 gigs a month on my current device. My commute to work allows me to view Slingbox, Netflix, stream movies from my home servers, connect to work with Citrix, Remote Control my home computers, read techincal PDFs, read books etc. Stuff I have been doing since last April.

    Your method, wait for something better, I would have been riding to and from work doing nothing expect looking at the back of the head of the person sitting in front of me. I'll take the spec bump of dual core and more memory, maybe even get the ATV2 and play around with Air whatever until I can do something with HP. You say sheep, I'm OK with that, 'cause I'll be doing something tomorrow.

    I like the HP model, one company, one place to get updates, one place to go for problems etc. It has the best chance at long term success vs other models.

    Oh, by the way, GB and iMovie is out now, today for iPad. I'm going to annoy all my fellow commmuters tomorrow with cheap head phones and talking on cells with my own muical rendition of We Will We Will Rock you. Downloading as I type.
    LOL, have fun...the most compelling argument indeed...you can get it tomorrow...but while you playing your music on the new iPad2, with your headsets on...please come back and tell me if indeed it's a buggy device like endgadget says...and the sort of productivity you managed... because, instead of commas in that list of things you can do on the train above...wouldn't that have been nice indeed?...use the word OR instead of commas though...because that's how you would have to do it...
  6. #126  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    LOL, have fun...the most compelling argument indeed...you can get it tomorrow...but while you playing your music on the new iPad2, with your headsets on...please come back and tell me if indeed it's a buggy device like endgadget says...and the sort of productivity you managed... because, instead of commas in that list of things you can do on the train above...wouldn't that have been nice indeed?...use the word OR instead of commas though...because that's how you would have to do it...
    I apologize for the syntax. I'm pretty sure I will get a Touchpad, I want to see if I can develop my own stuff as a side line, plus I have a feeling my company will adopt it.
  7. #127  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    LOL! Upset! Not at all...and yes...as Steve Jobs...damned right I'd be happy...he's doing something right indeed...
    Says quite a lot about his following though...
    It's not that I see return customers a bad thing...it's just I find it hard to see the necessity for doing away with a perfectly good thing...just to get the new thing...never mind the new thing does nothing really new at all...
    I know people that spend more on Starbucks in a year than what the iPad costs. $500 to annually refresh a device you obtain entertainment from isn't some strange phenomenon.
  8. #128  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    LOL! Upset! Not at all...and yes...as Steve Jobs...damned right I'd be happy...he's doing something right indeed...
    Says quite a lot about his following though...
    It's not that I see return customers a bad thing...it's just I find it hard to see the necessity for doing away with a perfectly good thing...just to get the new thing...never mind the new thing does nothing really new at all...
    It's thinner and faster(faster alone is good reason), and has cameras which can be used for certain purposes. Also color choice. OK so 2 of those are cosmetic, but the RAM increase and cameras are worth noting. Now obviously many people want what iPad 2 has to offer. I got the old one cheap tonight, but that's because I'm not going to be using Face Time too much at this time. Nor Garage Band or iMovie. But I do take offense to your assumption that people are dumb to sell or give to someone else a device to get a new one that has better specs than the old one. That's pretty standard practice.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  9. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #129  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    I know people that spend more on Starbucks in a year than what the iPad costs. $500 to annually refresh a device you obtain entertainment from isn't some strange phenomenon.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva
    It's thinner and faster(faster alone is good reason), and has cameras which can be used for certain purposes. Also color choice. OK so 2 of those are cosmetic, but the RAM increase and cameras are worth noting. Now obviously many people want what iPad 2 has to offer. I got the old one cheap tonight, but that's because I'm not going to be using Face Time too much at this time. Nor Garage Band or iMovie. But I do take offense to your assumption that people are dumb to sell or give to someone else a device to get a new one that has better specs than the old one. That's pretty standard practice.
    I hear there is a rumour that the iPad 3 comes out in a few months later this year...
  10. #130  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Interesting. Did Apple's marketing campaign begin before this survey? Is that why it got such a high percentage in that survey even before it was even demoed? Love your logic mate.
    What... you're going to answer for me, pretend that's my answer, then leave?

    Of course Apple's campaign began before the survey. The iPad had been out for almost a year at the time of the survey. The 80% said "Apple", not "iPad2".

    I suppose another way to look at it is that 20% said "I don't want Apple", and a good chunk of those said "I've seen what Apple's got, and I want something, anything besides Apple when I buy".
  11. #131  
  12. #132  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    I hear there is a rumour that the iPad 3 comes out in a few months later this year...
    Didn't the Pre Plus come out a few months after the Pre (˜6 months)? Now that the Pre 2 has made it to Verizon, I hear HP plans on releasing the Pre 3 later this year. Is that a bad thing? If not, why are you trying to make a rumor about an iPad 3 a bad thing?
  13. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #133  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Didn't the Pre Plus come out a few months after the Pre (˜6 months)? Now that the Pre 2 has made it to Verizon, I hear HP plans on releasing the Pre 3 later this year. Is that a bad thing? If not, why are you trying to make a rumor about an iPad 3 a bad thing?
    Interesting you ask that...as I understand it...the Pre+ fixed some hardware issues with the Pre...the Pre3 is a totally different phone altogether from the Pre2...
  14. #134  
    I read that rumor too. And if people want iPad 3(rumored to have higher specs, but may cost more too), guess what will be up for sale on Craig's List or eBay and still sell a ton aftermarket? One thing you can count on, you'll get a nice piece of change back on Apple products.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  15. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #135  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Sorry...saw that the video is 25 minutes long...chaired by 2 ugly MFs...who have nothing to do with HP...attempting to make a joke at the start about one hair...switched it off...
  16. #136  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    Sorry...saw that the video is 25 minutes long...chaired by 2 ugly MFs...who have nothing to do with HP...attempting to make a joke at the start about one hair...switched it off...
    Too bad, there's actually some good webOS discussion.
  17. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #137  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    I read that rumor too. And if people want iPad 3(rumored to have higher specs, but may cost more too), guess what will be up for sale on Craig's List or eBay and still sell a ton aftermarket? One thing you can count on, you'll get a nice piece of change back on Apple products.
    LMAO...Thanks again...2nd good evening laugh...
  18. #138  
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    LMAO...Thanks again...2nd good evening laugh...
    What's funny about that? It's true, take a look at what the year old iPad 1 is selling for, and that's the base model (16GB WiFi):

  19. nyallj's Avatar
    Posts
    408 Posts
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
       #139  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    What's funny about that?
    ROFLMAO...sorry...was thinking 'excellent resale value' is the most tangible argument the iPad2 has for it...
  20. #140  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Very good discussion. Thanks for posting this.
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Posting Permissions