Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Would you post that link to the SD Card slot adapter for the iPad?

Is is SD Card or microSD Card?
    There are multiple kinds; take this 3-in-1 for example:

But the official Apple kit can be found here - it supports SD and USB.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    In smartphone space, no one cares the way of webos multitasking with every other os, since you still have to work one at a time. Who care if you have multiple cards or hold on home button or double click on home button. But in tablet, if you have more than on apps on the screen to work at the sametime, now that's great and very productive system. Like you said, I would really like to watch movie while I check my email or twitter or facebook or other stuffs on my iPad. If touchpad has this feature, this is first time I am saying it, I will get it over ipad2 or ipad3. Btw, I love my iPad, nothing can replace this except if I can see and work on multiple apps at the sametime, like desktop os but touch friendly.

Sent from Tapatalk
    I have seen videos of the Playbook playing a movie in the background while the user was doing something else. Will the TouchPad have the same capability?
    Quote Originally Posted by SoFly View Post
    What's interesting about that chart is that in the other category, that 8% is to be potentially shared by about another 25-50 tablet device manufacturers.

In other words, a rounding error in the grand scheme of things.
    And of course, this rosy view completely overlooks the fact that those surveyed don't yet know what "other" comprises.

Wonder how the existing tablets would have fared in a similar survey done before Apple announced the iPad, and was part of the "others".

I know, I know, no point in talking about that. Back to the "I'm not listening ... nah nah nah nah nah nah nah nah" mode.
    http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC531ZM/A?mco=MjEzNTM0MzM

Sounds like SD but I never used it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I have seen videos of the Playbook playing a movie in the background while the user was doing something else. Will the TouchPad have the same capability?
    Absolutely. Whatever app is used will have control of whether or not the video is paused, but the answer to your quest is Yes, the device will have the capability, and Yes, the OS has that capability (even now).
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post

Which company makes the one that supports microSD?
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    And of course, this rosy view completely overlooks the fact that those surveyed don't yet know what "other" comprises.
    So they still don't know about the other tablets? Maybe those guys (not just HP) need to do something to get the word out if people only know about the iPad, Xoom, Playbook and Galaxy Tab. The fact that people don't yet know what "other" comprises makes matters worse for those in the "other" category, IMO.
    I have seen the video about Playbook, movie was still running in card mode. But if you want to work on let's say email, you still have to work one app at a time. Email app will take the whole screen, and what's the point the movie is running in the background? What I like it, half the space is email app, and other half is movie. so while I am typing something on email, i can watch movie.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    I have seen the video about Playbook, movie was still running in card mode. But if you want to work on let's say email, you still have to work one app at a time. Email app will take the whole screen, and what's the point the movie is running in the background? What I like it, half the space is email app, and other half is movie. so while I am typing something on email, i can watch movie.
    +1 AND I would love to be able to interact between the two. (Maybe not a movie and email, but say email and a web page.) Drag from one to the other, that sort of thing.
    What's interesting about that chart is that in the other category, that 8% is to be potentially shared by about another 25-50 tablet device manufacturers.

In other words, a rounding error in the grand scheme of things.
    Too late. iPad is ALREADY losing market share (20% Q4 2010) and there was JUST the GTab out at the time. This will only increase per quarter and if Apple doesn't get of their "people will buy iterative updates over and over" strategy, they will be in #3 in the Pad market as well.

Quote Originally Posted by IDC
    FRAMINGHAM, Mass., March 10, 2011 - According to the International Data Corporation (IDC) Worldwide Quarterly Media Tablet and eReader Tracker, 10.1 million media tablets were shipped in the fourth quarter of 2010 (4Q10) - more than double the 4.5 million shipped in the third quarter. Apple's share came down from 93% in 3Q10 to 73% in 4Q10, but still reflected Apple's strong leadership position. Samsung's Galaxy Tab was the primary competitor in the holiday season, beating other players to market and capturing more than 17% share, while a number of smaller regional players also participated.
    IDC - Press Release - prUS22737611
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post

So with that little adapter, an iPad or iPad 2 can read and store to a 32GB microSD? Is it for all file types or just photos as the link makes it sound?

Do you have that link?
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Seriously? You don't think that's a bit of a stretch? Just a little bit?
    REALLY! You're gonna go there? C'mon lets be real here. There are already multitouch piano, multitouch drums, and multitouch guitar apps in the catalog, you really think those couldn't be combined together in the same app? You really think the 303 beat generator couldn't be enhanced to an 808 generator?

You really think all of those couldn't exist as one app on webOS. More importantly do you really think GB is more than this?? Did you even watch this video????

Emulating the "band" functionality with separate apps....
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post
    Too late. iPad is ALREADY losing market share (20% Q4 2010) and there was JUST the GTab out at the time. This will only increase per quarter and if Apple doesn't get of their "people will buy iterative updates over and over" strategy, they will be in #3 in the Pad market as well.

IDC - Press Release - prUS22737611
    It's better to use yearly stats vs 3 months because any new product that comes on the market has the potential to outsell anyone because it's new.

When the iPad2 starts being sold tomorrow, the stats are going to change significantly in Apple's favor for 3 months and then level out.

For true trends, how about we wait until Jan 2012 to see how much market share Apple lost. Then you can see long term trends and not immaterial spikes.
    REALLY! You're gonna go there? C'mon lets be real here. There are already multitouch piano, multitouch drums, and multitouch guitar apps in the catalog, you really think those couldn't be combined together in the same app? You really think the 303 beat generator couldn't be enhanced to an 808 generator?

You really think all of those couldn't exist as one app on webOS. More importantly do you really think GB is more than this?? Did you even watch this video????

Did you watch the GB video that I posted?
    It's better to use yearly stats vs 3 months because any new product that comes on the market has the potential to outsell anyone because it's new.

When the iPad2 starts being sold tomorrow, the stats are going to change significantly in Apple's favor for 3 months and then level out.

For true trends, how about we wait until Jan 2012 to see how much market share Apple lost. Then you can see long term trends and not immaterial spikes.
    You also have to consider that Samsung's "sales" were to retailers, not customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    So with that little adapter, an iPad or iPad 2 can read and store to a 32GB microSD? Is it for all file types or just photos as the link makes it sound?

Do you have that link?
    I believe it's read only for photos and videos. But the USB depends on the application; GarageBand for example allows for instruments to be hooked up via USB.

Oh I watched the video you posted and I also watched the GB demo. This is why I asked if you don't think you were stretching it a bit. The two are not even in the same hemisphere. It's like MS Paint vs Photoshop man! Take an honest look.

To your other questions: No, I never said this couldn't exist as one app on webOS assuming the APIs are present (though I'd suggest using the PDK). Yes, GB is most certainly "more than this".
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    You also have to consider that Samsung's "sales" were to retailers, not customers.
    Very good point! I forgot about that. And it's so true.
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    So they still don't know about the other tablets? Maybe those guys (not just HP) need to do something to get the word out if people only know about the iPad, Xoom, Playbook and Galaxy Tab. The fact that people don't yet know what "other" comprises makes matters worse for those in the "other" category, IMO.
    Did you check the date the survey was done? When HP's TouchPad is ready for users, I suspect users will hear about it. Here's an example of what they're doing in Europe:

HP Palm readies B2B assault with Data Select and Brightstar | Mobile News Online

The iPad being on 2 main carriers early plus the wifi version out early definitely secures it's spot. International toward the end of the month.

People can talk all day about how much better the TouchPad is but still: no consumer ready TouchPad in hand for any real comparison for anything. The one you saw was a demo, plain and simple.

Ok the Xoom was earlier. However I'm still pretty disappointed in the Xoom release. If anything, why wasn't the wifi version ready since the 3G/4G version is so expensive and unfinished? I do see that one as a possible iPad competitor, as in possible to eat into its marketshare. But thinking people were going to rush in with $800 plus tax with carrier data commitment just to get to the wifi(cause again no wifi version), really bad bad ideas.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast