Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Er, iPad 2 is unstable now?
    In case you missed it: iPad 2 review -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    In case you missed it: iPad 2 review -- Engadget
    Which part are you referring to? This?:

The version of iMovie we tested -- like GarageBand -- was slightly buggy and prone to full on crashes while we were editing, and we did have to backtrack and recreate some of our edits after one of the crashes. It wasn't tragic (no actual content was lost), but we're hoping Apple takes a long look at the bug reports which are sure to pour in. Despite that issue, however, you simply can't beat the utility of this app at what is an astounding price point.
    [...]
    It wasn't without issues -- in fact, we had some major, system-stalling crashes which required a reboot of the iPad.
    Global Posts
    717 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    Which part are you referring to? This?:
    That's right...
    Sounds like a nightmare. I can see why Engadget wrote such a scathing review.
    The multitasking thing has been played to death and someone previously had said it correctly... most people will not care or notice the difference in the way either of them multitask.

honestly... as long as you can basically only have one app on your screen at a time... no one is gonna know the fricken difference

that being said... if hp wanted to do something really cool and set multitasking apart from the rest... with the tablets extra real estate, they need to allow multiple (pre3 sized windows) cards running and showing on the screen at one time multitasking. then you are showing you can actually USE full view multiple tasks/apps running at the same time.

That would be a mind blower... watching a movie while the next card making a trade with your etrade app or whatever on a tablet.

just my opinion.
    Quote Originally Posted by nyallj View Post
    That's right...
    Apple is usually good with firmware updates if they get widespread bug reports. iOS 4.3 has been reported as buggy by some people(actual users, not detractors). 4.3.1 will likely get released if this is a widespread problem.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    HP's answer to Garage Band?
    Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    The multitasking thing has been played to death and someone previously had said it correctly... most people will not care or notice the difference in the way either of them multitask.

honestly... as long as you can basically only have one app on your screen at a time... no one is gonna know the fricken difference

that being said... if hp wanted to do something really cool and set multitasking apart from the rest... with the tablets extra real estate, they need to allow multiple (pre3 sized windows) cards running and showing on the screen at one time multitasking. then you are showing you can actually USE full view multiple tasks/apps running at the same time.

That would be a mind blower... watching a movie while the next card making a trade with your etrade app or whatever on a tablet.

just my opinion.
    Better yet, have 2 or more cards side-by-side and allow users to drag-n-drop between them. We do this all the time when we develop normal HTML/JavaScript based websites. It would be cool on a tablet. I drag a link from the browser to my twitter app and it creates a tweet. That sort of thing. It could easily be done on any platform if some simple APIs were available.

As long as I'm working with one app at a time, the task switching method does not name much difference to me. When I'm able to work with multiple apps at the same time (this goes beyond the ability to simply have multiple apps running) is when I think this stuff will matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    HP's answer to Garage Band?
    Those apps combined into a single unified application...definitely.

(That 303 beats app is actually VERY good and makes excellent use of the Pre's 3.1" screen. If he takes up Enyo development on TPad, he has the potential for a definite "Garageband" competitor.)

just my opinion.
    Now that's great idea. If this happen to the touchpad, you can call it a true multitasking

Sent from Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

(That 303 beats app is actually VERY good and makes excellent use of the Pre's 3.1" screen. If he takes up Enyo development on TPad, he has the potential for a definite "Garageband" competitor.)
    I dunnnoooooo, this looks rather nice:
    Quote Originally Posted by cobrakon View Post

Seriously? You don't think that's a bit of a stretch? Just a little bit?
    You just blew my mind.

Bluetooth keyboard has been supported since the very first day the iPad 1 hit shelves. Also, USB support is added through the camera connection kit (can be purchased for $29) which allows you to do things such as this:

It gives you a USB port and SD card slot.
    I stand corrected on the BT keyboard. But I hope you saw my point. Do we factor in that $29 accessory to the weight, thickness, and portability in order to bring USB capabilities on par with the TouchPad?
    i know its a great idea! of course ios wont be able to do it as it is designed now but if you think about it though, all mobile OS's will evolve (iOS included) and go this direction eventually... you have to make the most of your real estate. But Webos can do it now if they play their 'cards' right. har har... eh.

I think that's a reason SJ is right about 10" being optimal for tablets. Those with 7" tabs it will be terrible working with tiny cards.

Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Now that's great idea. If this happen to the touchpad, you can call it a true multitasking

Sent from Tapatalk

honestly... as long as you can basically only have one app on your screen at a time... no one is gonna know the fricken difference ...
    One of the folks I follow on Twitter (not a WebOS guy) recently said something that's very appropriate to this discussion:

A thougt on multitasking: it's not always about the user doing more than one thing at a time. It's about the system being able to do so.

In fact, the better the system can multitask, the easier it is for the user to concentrate on the single task at hand.
    Quote Originally Posted by UntidyGuy View Post
    What's interesting about that chart is that in the other category, that 8% is to be potentially shared by about another 25-50 tablet device manufacturers.

In other words, a rounding error in the grand scheme of things.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I stand corrected on the BT keyboard. But I hope you saw my point. Do we factor in that $29 accessory to the weight, thickness, and portability in order to bring USB capabilities on par with the TouchPad?
    Yes! The catch is that it is only factored in for those who need it and when they need it. It will be a high factor for some and will not come into play for others. (I'm not debating whether this is good or bad, just that it's not universal to all users.)
    i know its a great idea! of course ios wont be able to do it as it is designed now but if you think about it though, all mobile OS's will evolve (iOS included) and go this direction eventually... you have to make the most of your real estate. But Webos can do it now if they play their 'cards' right. har har... eh.

I think that's a reason SJ is right about 10" being optimal for tablets. Those with 7" tabs it will be terrible working with tiny cards.
    In smartphone space, no one cares the way of webos multitasking with every other os, since you still have to work one at a time. Who care if you have multiple cards or hold on home button or double click on home button. But in tablet, if you have more than on apps on the screen to work at the sametime, now that's great and very productive system. Like you said, I would really like to watch movie while I check my email or twitter or facebook or other stuffs on my iPad. If touchpad has this feature, this is first time I am saying it, I will get it over ipad2 or ipad3. Btw, I love my iPad, nothing can replace this except if I can see and work on multiple apps at the sametime, like desktop os but touch friendly.

Sent from Tapatalk
    You just blew my mind.

Bluetooth keyboard has been supported since the very first day the iPad 1 hit shelves. Also, USB support is added through the camera connection kit (can be purchased for $29) which allows you to do things such as this:

It gives you a USB port and SD card slot.
    Would you post that link to the SD Card slot adapter for the iPad?

Is is SD Card or microSD Card?
    Keep it clean everyone...
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast