Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  

Might need to check this app out.
    Was gonna post on this too! I have the evo and just downloaded it. I think palm has lost out on getting rid of this feature. I now use my gesture area on my evo to open my app drawer and pull up a wave launcher. I can now officially say that i dont need webos any longer.

Sorry palm. For the record, you abandoned me first.
    LOL this is MORE useful than the wave bar ever was because the icons can be different than the current ones!

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Strikerage View Post
    Was gonna post on this too! I have the evo and just downloaded it. I think palm has lost out on getting rid of this feature. I now use my gesture area on my evo to open my app drawer and pull up a wave launcher. I can now officially say that i dont need webos any longer.

Sorry palm. For the record, you abandoned me first.
    What do you use to open the app drawer that way?

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    I never used it on my Pre.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    The animation is pretty much crap. And IcerC? I'm not sure what you are saying, but it's easy to change the icons on the webOS launcher.
    Quote Originally Posted by HenryAlan View Post
    The animation is pretty much crap. And IcerC? I'm not sure what you are saying, but it's easy to change the icons on the webOS launcher.
    Yeah but on this one your regular launcher and the wave launcher can be completely different.

You have the same on both in webOS

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yeah but on this one your regular launcher and the wave launcher can be completely different.

You have the same on both in webOS
    Heh?

Are we talking about the same things here? The wave launcher can be totally different from the launcher page. Not quite following.
    Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Heh?

Are we talking about the same things here? The wave launcher can be totally different from the launcher page. Not quite following.
    Not the launcher page, the row of launcher icons at the bottom, the quicklaunch bar.

In webOS, the wave launcher just brings that up and whatever is on it.

On Android, you can have one set there, then bring up this wave launcher and have completely different stuff on it.

Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    LOL this is MORE useful than the wave bar ever was because the icons can be different than the current ones!

Thanks!

What do you use to open the app drawer that way?
    You can change the icons in the wave bar in webOS. Just open the launcher and grab an icon from the wave bar, move it into the launcher and replace it with whatever you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    You can change the icons in the wave bar in webOS. Just open the launcher and grab an icon from the wave bar, move it into the launcher and replace it with whatever you want.
    Yes, but what we're trying to explain is this lets you have different ones on the wave launcher and the quick launch!!!

IE: webOS lets you put 4 things on there, plus their button. That's all you can access from it.

On Android, with this you'd have those 5, then a DIFFERENT 5 when you brought up the wave bar!!!

Say on my main launcher, the equivalent of the quicklaunch bar for webOS, I have the following apps: phone, text, email, SMS and Facebook.

On the Android wave bar, I could have: Pulse, Angry Birds, Nova, Quickdesk and Music Player Pro.

Then, I've got fast access to 10 apps, not just 4.

13.    #13  
    for the record verwon, i knew what you meant from your 1st post haha.
    Thanks Verwon! You'd make a good teacher with that much patience!

Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
    Ah, got it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brain Mantis View Post
    for the record verwon, i knew what you meant from your 1st post haha.
    I've no doubt you did. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    Thanks Verwon! You'd make a good teacher with that much patience!
    No no no! Thanks, but not going there. There's a reason I only had one child and will never go there, again. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by katefields View Post
    Ah, got it!
    Cool!

Quote Originally Posted by verwon View Post
    Yes, but what we're trying to explain is this lets you have different ones on the wave launcher and the quick launch!!!

IE: webOS lets you put 4 things on there, plus their button. That's all you can access from it.

On Android, with this you'd have those 5, then a DIFFERENT 5 when you brought up the wave bar!!!

haha, I obviously missed something while reading this thread on my Pre. I see now, this is a really great improvement on our current wave launcher. Things like this, coupled with Matias Duarte being at Google now will hopefully make it a painless transition to Android if I ever have to go that route.
    Quote Originally Posted by blue duck butter View Post
    haha, I obviously missed something while reading this thread on my Pre. I see now, this is a really great improvement on our current wave launcher. Things like this, coupled with Matias Duarte being at Google now will hopefully make it a painless transition to Android if I ever have to go that route.
    LOL! The transition really didn't bother me much. The biggest change for me was that, before I'd always had a physical keyboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast