Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I want a tablet. Bad. I'm in the market for one, now. The iPad 2 is lookin real good, especially when you consider we don't even know the price of the Touchpad.

If HP would just tell me the price of the Touchpad today, I might be able to wait for it. But I don't want to wait months just to find out that the Touchpad will launch at $600
    <thread moved>
    I don't see the dilemma, OP.

If you want "a tablet" now, get one. They are freely available as long as you're fine with a Xoom, iPad, or Galaxy Tab.

If you want the HP TouchPad, wait for it and buy it whenever it is released.
    Do both. Buy now. Sell and buy later. You have all the choices. I wish we knew more too, but I'm resigned to the fact that HP will be playing catchup for some time. Given I have less functionality needs for a phone and that category is a bit more polished, I'm keeping my Pre, but buying an iPad 2 by April
    I just got $415 from Gazelle.com for my iPad in preparation for the new one. Considering that my iPad is being sold for $629 by Apple right now, that's pretty good for a year old product. Resell value on Apple products are crazy good. Buy the iPad 2 now, sell it when the TP comes out, best of both worlds.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Aight, you guys helped me decide! Perhaps I get iPad 2 now, and then sell that for the Touchpad 2 in the future
    Do that, and I guess you'll appreciate the TP so much more.

We have an iPad in the house, and if we do not consider that some apps/games out there do great stuff, I seriously don't enjoy using it because of the OS and the cumbersome limitations it impose.
    Quote Originally Posted by karishbhr View Post
    Aight, you guys helped me decide! Perhaps I get iPad 2 now, and then sell that for the Touchpad 2 in the future
    Your iPad2 will take a bigger hit on resale value. Buy an iPad for the curren $100 cheaper plan. I suspect you'll be able to sell for about $50 less than you paid for it.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    I said Touchpad 2! Meaning a few years from now...
    really peeps if you want a pad or tablet or slate or whatever it is you want , right now . please just go get it . no one is making you choose anything . HP owes no one anything . they will come out with the touchpad and it will blow away anything out there now with the touch to share alone . just sayin . if you gots no patience then go get whatever it is thats tempting you now !
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    HP wont be mad and will welcome you back when you get there later on. just the same !!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    HP wont be mad and will welcome you back when you get there later on. just the same !!
    I got an Adam, because I sit with a computer in my lap reading my textbooks and PPTs online for about 8 hours a day (too many to carry, too cumbersome), and I am tired of getting my nuts irradiated all day, not to mention crap battery life, trapped indoors with no sunlight, and lugging around a 6 lb brick of a Dell with a battery charger that weighs more than the iPad.

But if I am dissatisfied, I'll just sell it for a $50-100 loss when a better alternative comes out. Not enough market saturation yet to lose much value in 4 months.

For now though, at least I preserve my marching soldiers for a little longer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadavis08 View Post
    they wont be mad... but they know the longer they go with no product, that it will be a tough to get those customers back. and apple buyers become loyal repeat customers very fast. (I only have pc's at home but have had two iphones, wife has one, and they have been so positive, i will be getting the ipad2 next week).

i really hate that palm and hp are just terrible about getting product out on time. i almost want to say its not their fault if the product is just not ready... but they have had webos for some time... there is no excuse anymore. palm/hp have now had as much time (more) than other competitors to have product out. just like there is no excuse for flash to not be ready after showing it YEARS ago. just seems like a lie then and should have just admitted it.

10million ipad1 already sold... i wont doubt 10mill ipad2 before the hp tablet comes out. 15mill iphones/quarter sold and ipods and they are buying apps that they only need to buy once because all will work within all these devices... there is so much investment people put into them that it will really be hard to grab customers back. the ecosystem people whine about here? the majority of the kabillions that are part of it dont really care.... they probably consider it a convenience.

I'm curious though what the webos tablet will be priced at. I believe it they will have to have one that matches apples entry level for people to consider over the super slick and proven ipad.