Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 85
  1. #41  
    I have the touch stone and love it. I like most people thought I didn't need it but when I got it I realized how much more convenient it is and now have 2.

    My brother has iphone 4 and uses the powermat. He loves it so much he got 2 bases now and uses it every day.

    My sister has a blackberry and was convinced to get the powermat by my brother. She tried it and hasn't looked back. She loves it also.

    People don't realize how great it really is to just drop your phone on your desk and not mess with plugs or ever have a dead battery.
  2. #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Actually, the Pre comes with a device for those that don't mind plugging and unplugging to charge or sync. It's free too.
    didn't say it didn't. in fact i said. It's $40 cheaper to use a cable. Personally It's why i don't use a touchstone too.

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    I paid $10 new for my last Touchstone.
    well precentral sells em for $38.95 apparently at a discount from $49.95. http://store.precentral.net/palm-tou...5A100A5015.htm I don't think $10 is a normal price. Even if it was $10, the point is there are free options.

    You're spot on with that last one. Of course, those devices add bulk, aren't nearly as sleek looking, and generally have very much of a "third party" look to them. But, to each their own.[/QUOTE]

    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Seriously though, if I had a device that wasn't designed for inductive charging, I'd probably go with that myself. It's nice to have a better option.
    me i don't need inductive charging. If came free then fine but right now it's just an expensive add on that i don't need. My cable works just fine. Like you said. to each his own.
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    didn't say it didn't. in fact i said. It's $40 cheaper to use a cable. Personally It's why i don't use a touchstone too.
    And you're only taking into account desktop solutions. The touchstone is pretty compelling alternative when it comes to automotive options even at the full price.
  4. #44  
    I think it hasn't been ripped off as it takes up space. I also think you have to be careful with the design as the pre's back does have a small magnet in it. Place things in the phone wrong and the compass won't work correctly not to mention possibilities of other forms of interference. (the original pre/pixi's don't even have compasses)
  5. #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by thehomelessguy View Post
    I think it hasn't been ripped off as it takes up space. I also think you have to be careful with the design as the pre's back does have a small magnet in it. Place things in the phone wrong and the compass won't work correctly not to mention possibilities of other forms of interference. (the original pre/pixi's don't even have compasses)
    huh? Theres no magnet in the pre back.
  6. #46  
    if it isnt alreadt ripped off it will be soon enogh im sure lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    didn't say it didn't. in fact i said. It's $40 cheaper to use a cable. Personally It's why i don't use a touchstone too.



    well precentral sells em for $38.95 apparently at a discount from $49.95. [url] I don't think $10 is a normal price. Even if it was $10, the point is there are free options.

    You're spot on with that last one. Of course, those devices add bulk, aren't nearly as sleek looking, and generally have very much of a "third party" look to them. But, to each their own.

    me i don't need inductive charging. If came free then fine but right now it's just an expensive add on that i don't need. My cable works just fine. Like you said. to each his own.[/QUOTE]

    Do you ever shop at stores not online? 10$ was the price for a while at Radio Shack and when that sold out deals from verizon came and are still going on.
  8. #48  
    It's because sticking magnets in the back of the phone screws up the compass, which the Pre doesn't have.

    That said, Exhibition is pretty insanely great, and it'll only get better with more 3rd party support.
  9. #49  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    It's because sticking magnets in the back of the phone screws up the compass, which the Pre doesn't have.

    That said, Exhibition is pretty insanely great, and it'll only get better with more 3rd party support.
    the touchstone has the magnets, not the phone.
  10. #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    ...So if it's such a big selling point - why isn't anyone ripping it off? ...
    Inductive Charging dates back 100 years to Nikola Tesla's induction patents.

    The HP Touchstone and Powermat, Enerergizer Wireless Charger, and Duracell myGrid all are built on these age-old concepts.

    If they are all ripping off anyone, it's Tesla.
    Last edited by milominderbinder; 03/04/2011 at 09:57 PM.
  11. #51  
    Count me as one of the late adopters of the Touchstone. I didn't indulge until the various retailers (Best Buy, Radio Shack, etc) dropped the price for sell-through. Now, I own 3. One sits on my nightstand. One is in my car. And, one I carry with me to assignments in my backpack.

    What I like is the ease of dropping the Pre onto the stone and just picking it up. Keep in mind, I've got a dual port charger for my laptop with a tip to connect the Pre to, as well as a lighter adapter in my car. All of them do the same thing (keep my battery fresh when I'm at a specific location), but the Touchstone just makes it simpler.
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by ctbeiser View Post
    It's because sticking magnets in the back of the phone screws up the compass, which the Pre doesn't have.

    That said, Exhibition is pretty insanely great, and it'll only get better with more 3rd party support.
    if that were the case, then how is the Pre3 sporting touchstone and a compss?
  13. #53  
    I guess you would just recalibrate the compass after removing it from the charger.
  14. #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    if that were the case, then how is the Pre3 sporting touchstone and a compss?
    I was wanting to ask that same question. Has anyone seen a Pre 3 compass work with the inductive back on? The rare earth magnets are amazingly powerful.

    We know of people who put the touchstone setup into EVO backs and the compass could not work as long as the back was on.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    I was wanting to ask that same question. Has anyone seen a Pre 3 compass work with the inductive back on? The rare earth magnets are amazingly powerful.

    We know of people who put the touchstone setup into EVO backs and the compass could not work as long as the back was on.
    There are no magnets on the TS back so what was going on? Maybe left over magnetism from sitting on the touchstone?

    APPLE seems to work around it with the ipad2's compass and magnets for the smartcover..

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by Orion Antares View Post
    And you're only taking into account desktop solutions. The touchstone is pretty compelling alternative when it comes to automotive options even at the full price.
    USB car charger $4.99 at buy.com and no ripping up my dash or paying someone to do it. i guess you could mount it with something sticky. Honestly only once needed to charge my phone in the car that i remember. that was when i used to think i could leave the wifi on.
    Buy.com - Universal Mini USB Car Charger Adapter, Black -

    point still stands. a reason everyone doesn't have one is cause everyone doesn't need it and there are cheap alternative. i'm not saying there are no deals or things don't get cheaper. i'm just saying it's a perfectly valid reason not to have one. my cable is free and it works fine and my pre didn't come with a touchstone. If it was free i'd use it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Stevesrjr86 View Post
    Do you ever shop at stores not online? 10$ was the price for a while at Radio Shack and when that sold out deals from verizon came and are still going on.
    sure, all the time. I can't say i ever was in the market for a touchstone though so i haven't been pricing it recently. Good God Sophia Vergara is fine. Sorry, watching modern family on dvr and got distracted. What was i saying? nothing important i'm sure.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 03/05/2011 at 01:06 AM.
  17. redmist's Avatar
    Posts
    674 Posts
    Global Posts
    679 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Does anyone know if these devices work with our touchstone backs?



    -- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Pilot 5000 > Pre > Pre2 > Pre3 > Galaxy Nexus
    TouchPad > Galaxy Tab 8.9
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by milominderbinder View Post
    Inductive Charging dates back 100 years to Nikola Tesla's induction patents.

    The HP Touchstone and Powermat, Enerergizer Wireless Charger, and Duracell myGrid all are built on these age-old concepts.

    If they are all ripping off anyone, it's Tesla.
    Ahh thanks. I love when you pop in and school people on the facts LOL
  19. #59  
    By the way, Amazon has the TS for under $19 right now...
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by finngirl View Post
    Then your fiance should bring it back (if you are talking about an iPhone4) because I didn't charge mine last night, or all day yesterday after taking it off the charger at 8 am yesterday, and I am on 78% right now.

    Granted it was low use (calls, texts, Words with Friends, browsing - no streaming or other games) but charging in the day time is a thing of the past with that phone.
    I agree with you. My nephew has one and only has to charge it about every other day. The only way I could see an iphone4 need charging more than once per day is maybe if they do gaming.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions