Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    Can I copy things from Google maps in iOS to paste them in my text messaging?
    Yes. I actually demo'ed this in a video recently for Zhephree (the Foursquare webOS developer):

p.s. sorry for the terrible quality (and sound), it was filmed using a Pixi. :P
  2.    #22  
    It almost sounds like, unless I am trying to play 2-3 games at the same time, multi tasking is good in iOS.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
    It almost sounds like, unless I am trying to play 2-3 games at the same time, multi tasking is good in iOS.
    yes. MultiTasking is perfectly fine in iOS. Just hit the home button twice. It's different. If you really want webOS card view, you can get it jailbreak and make it some what webOS like multitask
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Currently TouchPad maybe an entertainment device. But ipad isn't. They have tons of apps that can help you with your business. For example, I was in the coffee shop in one saturday afternoon. I got an emergency meeting setup. So we are using webEx conference. so I connected to ipad webEx. And I switched over to office app, and edited out one of the excel spreadsheet, and emailed it out to everyone in the meeting.
    Another example of a business app I run on my iPad is the Good secure messaging client. Gives Blackberry levels of security with out having to read my work emails or check my work contacts/calendar on a tiny BB screen (or endure a slow remote login process).

Another big advantage of the iPad over a laptop is access to cheap 3G data ($25 vs $60 a month for a laptop).
    Quote Originally Posted by ADGrant View Post

Another big advantage of the iPad over a laptop is access to cheap 3G data ($25 vs $60 a month for a laptop).
    And another big advantage for Pre owner, we don't even need to pay extra on 3G data, we can use our pre just like I did. However, I often regret not buying 3g version. 3g version has GPS builtin, I would love to have that, but paying $130+ was little too much for me. I think $500 was the very sweet spot. And plus, unlike any other electronic devices out there, Apple iOS product holds value like no other. Well after yesterday announcement, my ipad price went down alot, but few weeks ago, I could've easily sell it for $400 after I used it for 6+ months. That's crazy.
    But Apple keep releasing these awesome hardware, coupled with unreachable software apps, that makes me wonder if I should join the masses and buy Apple.
    See the quote in my sig.
    Quote Originally Posted by passlogix View Post
    Currently TouchPad maybe an entertainment device. But ipad isn't. They have tons of apps that can help you with your business. For example, I was in the coffee shop in one saturday afternoon. I got an emergency meeting setup. So we are using webEx conference. so I connected to ipad webEx. And I switched over to office app, and edited out one of the excel spreadsheet, and emailed it out to everyone in the meeting.

If it wasn't for iPad, I had to carry around my laptop and power cord, iPad just make my life much easier.

I go to the meeting with my iPad instead of my laptop. I have all the apps that I need for my work and my personal use. Ipad has all the apps that I need.

I had my ipad for like 6 months now. And I don't reget spended $500 on it. And if I really want it, I can still sell it for good amount of money, Apple has one of the best resell value.
    Are you saying that there are MS Office apps available of the iPad (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote)?

Do you have create/modify access to MS Office apps using your Windows Live ID, Skydrive, and MS Office Web apps?
    Microsoft actually did release a version of OneNote for the iPad...

And apps like QuickOffice and Docs To Go give you read/write access to Office documents with more functionality than Microsoft's own Office Hub for WP7. Seems like a good mobile solution to me.
    To the OP, I would say stay with webOS. From reading your post you probably will not be happy with IOS.

On another note, if your company pays for equipment, why not get the IOS devices now and, get reimbursed and then if you don't like it, buy the webos devices and sell the IOS devices?

To the office questions, Onenote was released for the iPhone on 1-18-11, and is free for a limited time. It is not a IOS universal app. A universal IOS app is optimized for both iPhone and iPad. Can you install it on the iPad? Yes.
    In the IOS world some developers do universal apps, some make two separate apps and make you pay for each platform if you want an optimized version for each. If you already brought an iPhone app and don't want to pay for the iPad version, you can still install the iphone version on the iPad. Its just not optimized for the screen . You need to hit the 2x button to double the size, but it works. Slingbox is a perfect example of this, and 30 bucks each it definitely is not an ideal situation.
    You can create Onenote docs on the iPhone/iPad. You can sync it to the webapp of Onenote.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 03/03/2011 at 06:47 PM.
  10.    #30  
    Is it easy to jailbreak iphone or ipad?
    Is it easy to jailbreak iphone or ipad?
    GreenPois0n

Simple as downloading, connecting your iPhone, pressing a button and viola.
  12.    #32  
    Man, so tempted to give Apple a try, everything seems to be fluid and easy. How is the virtual keyboard on iphone and IPAD?
    Man, so tempted to give Apple a try, everything seems to be fluid and easy. How is the virtual keyboard on iphone and IPAD?
    I actually preferred the iPhone keyboard so much, that even though I tried all the others I could find for my Evo, I finally had to hunt up one made compatible for Android and install it.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    It's generally considered to be the best virtual keyboard on the market.
    I love WebOS. have been using a pre plus for over a year. Love multitasking and all. Now I have a new job and my tablet and phone bills are business expenses now. This is really not a thread about how I love Apple and hate H/P. This really is about me trying to figure next two years of technology I and my family would use.

I am actually anti-Apple. Have held away from them for so long, used centro and pre plus instead. I was so looking for Feb announcement from H/P, but it was kind of downer for me. I dont like how Apple controls everything on there device and dont like iTunes either. If I buy music, I go to Amazon.

But Apple keep releasing these awesome hardware, coupled with unreachable software apps, that makes me wonder if I should join the masses and buy Apple.

I have heard Apple is very good in integrating everything Apple. Like iPhone apps are shared with IPAD. One can start music on iPhone and keep it going on IPAD. One can simply send a video from iPhone to Apple TV. Plus send things wirelessly from IPhone to IPad. I have great reviews about Airplay and Airdrop and wireless printing. I have with Apple Airport, one can share any music in the house on all Apple devices.

This just makes me wonder, if I should get IPhone and IPAD instead of PRE-3 and TP. A-5 will be in iPhone-5 for sure, that means a first really good dual core phone. Though Dual core is lost on Apple as they dont multi task. I have a feeling by the time, H/P makes something comparable to IPAD-2, IPAD-3 will be out.

Dont know, what I should do, with this business expense I dont pay anything if I buy Apple and IPAD or TP. Should I invest in Apple and maybe come back in a year or two when Enyo is fully baked? or Should I just buy Apple and maybe Jailbreak, if I am not happy with lack of multi tasking.
    Honestly you'll love both products. If you want to hold off till summer, it might be best to get Pre 3 and TP. But if you need something now -- getting the iPad 2 with iPhone 4 would be a good move too. Apple products are good and worth buying. BTW why don't you like iTunes?

I am actually anti-Apple
    that's your answer right there. No you shouldn't. If you're anti something i have no clue why you'd purchase their products. Personally i don't know why you're anti any consumer product company. Its' not forcing you to buy anything. I don't like Panasonic TVs. I'm not antiPanasonic. but if you're antiApple, if you're taking it that seriously, i don't think you're ready to enjoy a purchase of their product. You'll feel some sort of guilt. Personally i'd say buy what you like and don't buy what you don't and that's it. But You seem to be in the middle of some internal tech battle so i'd say don't buy anything from apple if you have such dislike for them. Be done with it.
    Last edited by blackmagic01; 03/04/2011 at 06:48 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12