Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Not surprising today. Limited models are out - limited knowledge of the new models probably hurts as well.

I'd love to see the breakdown scores of how much each participant actually knew about each brand.

None of this invalidates the results - the public perception is weak for webOS right now. Hard to say if there is a way this can be overcome.
  2. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Palm Phones not seen
    is pretty much it.

If I was HP I'd be slightly worried that more people thought that Symbian was cooler.
    well that just sucks! The whole reason I bought this phone was to make myself far cooler than I already was and now this! I will not take it anymore! I'm going to kick my feet and scream and yell and start a class action lawsuit because Palm lied to me! This is outrageous!!! Why am I not cool anymore??? Damn you Palm & HP!!!

( /sarcasm)
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    I think I will have to get rid of my Palm Pre- and pick up an I-clone so I can be cool like everyone else
    Dan
    Quote Originally Posted by sledge007 View Post
    well that just sucks! The whole reason I bought this phone was to make myself far cooler than I already was and now this! I will not take it anymore! I'm going to kick my feet and scream and yell and start a class action lawsuit because Palm lied to me! This is outrageous!!! Why am I not cool anymore??? Damn you Palm & HP!!!

( /sarcasm)
    LOL +1 same here, story of my life. First my zune now this =(.
    Please! Let's hope it remains non-cool enough to maintain the serious users that have used Palm products for many years. I don't need fart apps, fancy widgets or drop-dead styling, I want a phone that meets my needs and does what it says it will do. I realize the business people at HP won't agree, but as far as I'm concerned, if someone wants to buy a phone because it's cool, I hope it's some other phone. Capable, functional, error-free, bullet-proof are all more important to me than "cool".
  7. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    Please! Let's hope it remains non-cool enough to maintain the serious users that have used Palm products for many years. I don't need fart apps, fancy widgets or drop-dead styling, I want a phone that meets my needs and does what it says it will do. I realize the business people at HP won't agree, but as far as I'm concerned, if someone wants to buy a phone because it's cool, I hope it's some other phone. Capable, functional, error-free, bullet-proof are all more important to me than "cool".
    This is a spoof post right? (It's hard to tell on the internet). The PIM in WebOS is absolutely woeful according to users here, take a walk over to the webos forum and see how many people are complaining about the broken functions in synergy.
    Last edited by CGK; 03/03/2011 at 08:48 AM.
    Well at least you guys know your mothers love you.
    Even though the question includes which OS, it clearly asks what OS Has The Coolest Phones
    Though there are hardly any phones that are available anymore, those that are/were including the Pixi -/+, Pre -/+, Pre2, what is cool about them, they are lower res small phones. Sure the OS plays into the response too, but the hardware for Palm at least in my opinion doesn't rise to the coolest level.
    If the question was which Mobile OS is the coolest webOS might have been second from the bottom, possibly higher if the exposure and experience with webos would be higher.

The lack of feeling devices are *cool* whether legitimate or not won't help HP with selling phones, and in turn won't inspire developers to create great apps. This could lead to those that don't need a *cool* phone not buying a webos device because an app they need is not available.
    While I think the Pre3 will be a great phone I don't think it will be one of the *coolest* either, and I wish HP would have done more. I guess will see a year from now what these surveys say.
  10.    #11  
    so what exactly makes a phone cool? is it the shape and color? price that it sells for? is it the screen size? its internal specs? or the apps that run on it?

lets help hp. tell them what you think makes a phone cool (so they could build one). heads will roll at hp if they don't figure it out soon. after all, they hitched their future on webos.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I usually get people surprised that palm phones are still around... but they have at least heard of palm having made phones in the past. Most of them don't even know HP is in the phone business.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    The cool phone is the one all the cool kids have.
    How is this surprising? Nothing new here.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    This data is old, look carefully the graph is dated Nov 2010. The Pre2 was barely out, if at all and the Pre3, Veer and TouchPad were just twinkles in McKinney's eye.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    This data is old, look carefully the graph is dated Nov 2010.
    That explains it. I thought the 2% Palm number was kinda high.
    Quote Originally Posted by bluenote View Post
    This data is old, look carefully the graph is dated Nov 2010. The Pre2 was barely out, if at all and the Pre3, Veer and TouchPad were just twinkles in McKinney's eye.
    So what is your guess, do general people think Palm is cool now? Is it more than 5% who thinks Palm is cool or less than 5%? Take a guess.
    If this helped you hit thanks.
  17.    #18  
    the whole multitasking thing and flicking cards off the top of the screen is cool, but apparently not enough to sway most consumers into buying a webos phone.

what is undeniably cool is the touchstone charger. when i first purchased the pre+ i had it siting on the touchstone when my 14yr old daughter and her friends came home. upon noticing it, they inquired of its purpose. after explaining the concept of conductive charging, they exclaimed "cool!"

bought another touchstone for work. after observing me use it, had a coworker come up to it place his phone on it in the hopes of watching it stick to the charger. it was fun seeing the dismay on his face when it didn't work for his phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by kkhanmd View Post
    So what is your guess, do general people think Palm is cool now? Is it more than 5% who thinks Palm is cool or less than 5%? Take a guess.
    I don't see the point in guessing until the new devices are out. Engadget readers named the HP TouchPad as the second most anticipated device but its readers I assume are mostly geeks.
    The winners of the 2010 Engadget Awards -- Editors' Choice -- Engadget
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    the whole multitasking thing and flicking cards off the top of the screen is cool, but apparently not enough to sway most consumers into buying a webos phone.

what is undeniably cool is the touchstone charger. when i first purchased the pre+ i had it siting on the touchstone when my 14yr old daughter and her friends came home. upon noticing it, they inquired of its purpose. after explaining the concept of conductive charging, they exclaimed "cool!"

bought another touchstone for work. after observing me use it, had a coworker come up to it place his phone on it in the hopes of watching it stick to the charger. it was fun seeing the dismay on his face when it didn't work for his phone.
    iPhone 4 got enough battery life in the phone that doesn't need to charge whole day. Now that's cool, instead of having charger all over the places and make sure your phone doesn't run out of battery life.

General consumers don't care about how webOS multitask. Maybe two years ago, when webOS was the only mobile device with multitask. But now, everyone got it. Even WP7 will implement card multitask. So here we are, we are trying to tell the world, webOS got TRUE MULTITASKING. What the hell is true multitask? People just care about, if their pandora runs while they are doing something else. They don't need to open 100+ apps!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast