Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdoinit View Post
    Well at least you guys know your mothers love you.
    Lol
    Mom---> "Let's have cookies"
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
    Quote Originally Posted by aapold View Post
    The cool phone is the one all the cool kids have.
    That is so true. Folks who couldn't afford iPhones struggled to buy them because they saw some 'A-lister' (who probably received it free at an Oscar party) toting one around. So the answer is to get the phone into the hands of cool people and get them seen using a cool phone/tablet feature.
    So who's cool?
    Fergie?
    Will I Ain't?
    Gweneth Paltrow?
    Bieber (for the under 12 "Mom, I need to have this phone" crowd)
    Cee Lo Green?
    Ozzie Osbourne? (for the does this phone taste better than a bird's head crowd)
    Charlie Sheen?
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    The "true multi-tasking" thing always makes me laugh, when did it morph from 'multi-tasking' to 'true multi-tasking'? anyone able to pinpoint it?
    Back in the 80's. One company would claim they had multi-tasking on their computer. It wasn't, so other companies specified "true multi-tasking".
    This is a spoof post right? (It's hard to tell on the internet). The PIM in WebOS is absolutely woeful according to users here, take a walk over to the webos forum and see how many people are complaining about the broken functions in synergy.
    Correction - according to "some" users on here. Not all are in agreement.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Umm....don't games and videos pause on WebOS when you switch away?
    Absolutely, by design. They're still multitasking, but they're deliberately paused.
    Why would someone want the game to continue, when they can't play it, or the video to continue, when they were in another program (and couldn't see it).

Please understand the difference between a forced pause, and the status save that some systems use.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post
    Absolutely, by design. They're still multitasking, but they're deliberately paused.
    Why would someone want the game to continue, when they can't play it, or the video to continue, when they were in another program (and couldn't see it).

Please understand the difference between a forced pause, and the status save that some systems use.
    This is a minor example, but I often wish my Slingbox app would remain running in the background while I jump out to another app to answer a quick IM. The reason is there is a connection process each time you restart the app, it needs to go out to the net and locate your slingbox.
    Quote Originally Posted by sinsin07 View Post
    This is a minor example, but I often wish my Slingbox app would remain running in the background while I jump out to another app to answer a quick IM. The reason is there is a connection process each time you restart the app, it needs to go out to the net and locate your slingbox.
    There's nothing saying that a slingbox app would pause if minimized. Guess it would depend on what the programmer made it do.
    palm isn't cool it's.......KOOOOOOL!
    Quote Originally Posted by protofa View Post
    Leo Apotheker has already stated very clearly that he wants his coolness bar to stand as tall and proud as Apple's bar.
    Quote Originally Posted by hparsons View Post

i haven't had this issue but i've herd people that listen to videos on youtube and podcasts that are video but only the audio. so they don't want the video to stop when it's minimized cause they want the audio playing. don't know if it's true just what i've heard.
    That was a market share analysis after iPhone and Android and probably including them. Tells us nothing. BB is distinctly NOT cool, but it's highly functional and that is what I attribute the market share and the ranking here.
    Quote Originally Posted by realistdreamer View Post
    That was a market share analysis after iPhone and Android and probably including them. Tells us nothing. BB is distinctly NOT cool, but it's highly functional and that is what I attribute the market share and the ranking here.
    I guess you didn't read the article. The graph information is based on:
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeking Alpha
    When asked to identify which smartphone brand was the coolest, nearly half of all smartphone shoppers felt that Apple is making the “coolest” phone on the market
    While there might be a correlation between "cool" and market share, in the survey taken for this study, the discerning factor for the respondents was "coolest."
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmagic01 View Post
    i haven't had this issue but i've herd people that listen to videos on youtube and podcasts that are video but only the audio. so they don't want the video to stop when it's minimized cause they want the audio playing. don't know if it's true just what i've heard.
    that's from the no pause on minimize patch. i LOVED that patch! i used to always listen to music on youtube and lp33 while i was doing other things on my pre. with my evo, not only does a youtube video have to pause, but it doesn't even start where you left off when you come back, it always resets to the beginning. i basically don't bother with watching videos on my evo because there are always other things i need to stop and tend to popping up, and it's just a great big can of suck to always have videos start at the beginning again.
    Global Posts
    834 Global Posts
    I fear that having a phone named "pixi" may have permanently damanged our "cool".

plan to make the Pre 3 "cool"

1. Spell it "Prey". Prey 3.

2. Give free pre 3's to libyan protesters. Set up offshore ships to supply their signal.

3. Start false rumors. You know how people believed the iPhone could stop a bullet?. Spread word that the Pre is so power hungry it can take a hit from a taser and you won't feel a thing.

4. Make the bottom edge of the slideout keyboard even sharper. Put a stainless steel edge on it, call it a feature useful for cutting rope, escaping from bondage, etc. (getting it banned by TSA will only make it seem more "cool". Anything banned becomes more cool.)

5. Include an app that will use wifi to jam other phones (an app you can select iphone, droid, blackberry, etc).
    This is a spoof post right? (It's hard to tell on the internet). The PIM in WebOS is absolutely woeful according to users here, take a walk over to the webos forum and see how many people are complaining about the broken functions in synergy.
    And just how wonderful is the PIM in iOS or Android? I have both in my family. As soon as Palm instituted Exchange security, I got a Pre. I could cut and paste before anyone on iOS. I could edit Word documents. While I've had a few problems here and there, I have the same Pre I bought a year and a half ago. It's patched, overclocked, and I have no problems with it. I sync my calendar and contacts with Exchange, and I can tell you I have had a lot fewer problems than the iOS users in my department. And having used my wife's device, anyone who thinks Android is a better OS is kidding themselves. It would be nice to have some more options, but this phone works just fine for me, and I am a heavy user. So please....you take a trip to the Android or Apple forums and see how many problems there are with sync issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    Leo Apotheker has already stated very clearly that he wants his coolness bar to stand as tall and proud as Apple's bar.
    He'll need a larger shoe size...
    Iphone is cool, Samsung Galaxy S is cool, Nokia WP7 concept devices looks cool. Still waiting for at least functional webos device. But, i must admit, universal search is cool, and PIM is cooler on Pre than stock Android.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123