Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 47
  1.    #1  
    Which is to release a product less than two weeks after announcing it. A simple concept completely lost on HP. Good luck selling the Touchpad in the "Summer" after eleventy billion people have an iPad 2...
    -Until Skynet takes over.
  2. #2  
    Totally agree!! Apple continues to completely dominate, and everyone else continues to play catch up.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by papachange05 View Post
    Which is to release a product less than two weeks after announcing it. A simple concept completely lost on HP. Good luck selling the Touchpad in the "Summer" after eleventy billion people have an iPad 2...
    LOL @eleventy billion. But seriously, the demo'd touchpad was no where near release quality. Too much lag and too many missing features. I don't think they had a choice but to set a summer date. The thing is just not baked yet.

    It's also interesting to hear HP claim people are copying their innovations and are a year behind after just copying last year's iPad and being unable to release said copy before this year's iPad. That's just embarrassing.
  4.    #4  
    I agree with you. Its just killer timing at this point in the game. They should have just waited and announced it when they were ready. They obviously weren't worried about legacy support from current consumers. They could have tipped off developers and teased to the public, while perfecting it for launch. Wasted opportunity.
    -Until Skynet takes over.
  5. #5  
    LOL, announced to available in 9 days!!!

    HP wants to be "cool" but they are failing miserably...
  6. #6  
    Let me take a guess..iPhone 5 will get announced soon.. And HP gets blown out of the water..again

    but HP still seems to think that consumers will wait for months to buy devices which are out of date
  7. #7  
    Well, since the last processor announced with iPad was included in iphone 4 it is safe to assume iphone 5 will have a dual core processor as well. On a spec sheet Pre 3 being single core only will already be dated.
  8. kilroy's Avatar
    Posts
    72 Posts
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    #8  
    It COMPLETELY boggles the mind at how HP could POSSIBLY think its okay to announce something, unfinished, THAT FAR in advance of a release. How do they possibly think they can stay relevant for THAT long until hardware is available to the public? I have zero business savvy. HP must certainly have SOME business savvy. What is that they see different than the rest of us?

    Seriously, as already pointed out, just hold your cards close to your vest and play them when you're ready (as Apple just did). Is it really THAT hard to follow this formula?
    Kilroy was here.
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    Let me take a guess..iPhone 5 will get announced soon.. And HP gets blown out of the water..again

    but HP still seems to think that consumers will wait for months to buy devices which are out of date
    If Apple stays on course with their schedule, the iPhone 5 will ship to customers before the Pre 3 does.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by kilroy View Post
    It COMPLETELY boggles the mind at how HP could POSSIBLY think its okay to announce something, unfinished, THAT FAR in advance of a release. How do they possibly think they can stay relevant for THAT long until hardware is available to the public? I have zero business savvy. HP must certainly have SOME business savvy. What is that they see different than the rest of us?
    HP was caught between a rock and a hard place. To keep from looking like webOS was an abandoned orphan, they needed to make some sort of public announcement about it before this coming summer. But if they had based this announcement on something as mundane as the Pre2, it would have been laughable. Their solution, then, was to try and generate interest in Feb for something that wouldn't be out until summer. In a closed conference room, this probably sounded like a reasonable idea. When placed up against Apotheker's "release within weeks" declaration it looked ill-conceived. When compared to to what Apple did today, it looks utterly amateurish.
  11. tirk's Avatar
    Posts
    810 Posts
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    #11  
    HP have had the best part of a year to come up with something, and with 6 times the number of staff as Apple. And they came up with what? When??

    I'm afraid they are just showing why they could never have developed anything as good as WebOS themselves, and why WebOS is wasted in their hands.

    Clueless also-rans at the moment, sadly.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
  12. #12  
    Too top it off all the current iPad models just dropped by $100.

    Apple selling original iPad for $399 | BGR

    At this price point, the original iPad will start selling like crack; and the iPad 2 will still sell like crazy. Apple's share of the tablet market will be huge. I hate to admit it, but I think Steve Jobs was right, 2011 will be the year of the iPad / iPad 2.

    By the time summer comes, I'm sure the number of iPads & iPad 2's sold will be ridiculous. The TouchPad has a huge uphill battle to fight.
  13. #13  
    HP should fast forward to Pre 4 and touchpad 2 and just foleo the pre 3 and touchpad 1.
  14. #14  
    Last year, the invite for the iOS 4 announcement was sent out 1 day after the iPad shipped. I suspect we'll see an announcement sent out for an iOS 5 event within the next ~2 weeks.
  15. #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    HP have had the best part of a year to come up with something, and with 6 times the number of staff as Apple. And they came up with what? When??

    I'm afraid they are just showing why they could never have developed anything as good as WebOS themselves, and why WebOS is wasted in their hands.

    Clueless also-rans at the moment, sadly.
    But yet they released their laptops like clockwork again. Like I've said before, they don't really care about Palm as much as they'd like you to think. This is being handled like some side business by them.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

    And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    HP have had the best part of a year to come up with something, and with 6 times the number of staff as Apple. And they came up with what? When??

    I'm afraid they are just showing why they could never have developed anything as good as WebOS themselves, and why WebOS is wasted in their hands.

    Clueless also-rans at the moment, sadly.
    But, but, HP has massive scale and reach! /sacarsm
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by FunkiBluDawg View Post
    HP should fast forward to Pre 4 and touchpad 2 and just foleo the pre 3 and touchpad 1.
    Be patient man! They haven't had time to copy the iPad 2 yet.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kupe View Post
    HP was caught between a rock and a hard place. To keep from looking like webOS was an abandoned orphan, they needed to make some sort of public announcement about it before this coming summer. But if they had based this announcement on something as mundane as the Pre2, it would have been laughable. Their solution, then, was to try and generate interest in Feb for something that wouldn't be out until summer. In a closed conference room, this probably sounded like a reasonable idea. When placed up against Apotheker's "release within weeks" declaration it looked ill-conceived. When compared to to what Apple did today, it looks utterly amateurish.
    They had to announce something, and they did. Apotheker saying that they would be here in the coming weeks speaks more about HP's priorities than anything else. How on earth would the CEO not know about Summer release dates for their products? Easy, the last he heard about them was last November, and that's the date they gave him then.


    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Last year, the invite for the iOS 4 announcement was sent out 1 day after the iPad shipped. I suspect we'll see an announcement sent out for an iOS 5 event within the next ~2 weeks.
    Yep, the reason why Apple is as good as they are is due to the fact that they innovate and do it on a fairly public schedule.

    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    But yet they released their laptops like clockwork again. Like I've said before, they don't really care about Palm as much as they'd like you to think. This is being handled like some side business by them.
    I agree with this. It's kinda like my GI Joe's and Castle Grey Skull/HE-MAN stuff in the 80's... many an expendable GI Joe met his doom at the paws of Battle Cat...
    If you like my Themes, please donate! Thanks!

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com

    http://wiseguyandbeyond.blogspot.com
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    LOL @eleventy billion. But seriously, the demo'd touchpad was no where near release quality. Too much lag and too many missing features. I don't think they had a choice but to set a summer date. The thing is just not baked yet....snip
    It seems like HP is gonna get baked no matter how you look at it.

    I really wanted at least a price/carrier so I can better judge what I want to do.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by taharka View Post
    Be patient man! They haven't had time to copy the iPad 2 yet.
    Ahh taharka, that's just wrong man...LOL
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions