Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    The BB Playbook will be launched on April 10th.
    Blackberry Playbook Launching On April 10th
  2. #2  
    Playbook just got stomped by the Ipad before it made out the gate...hardly anyone will buy this with ipad selling the next day.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by kinster02 View Post
    Playbook just got stomped by the Ipad before it made out the gate...hardly anyone will buy this with ipad selling the next day.
    iPad is going on sale March 11 NOT April 11! Enough time for people to try the iPad and return it.
  4. #4  
    Well, I think they all failed to match HP's announcement to release the TouchPad in the coming months. I mean, so you want hardware hotness in March (Apple), April (RIM) or Summer? Thank you HP for recognizing that my budget will be better able to purchase a tablet in the summer. By delaying shipment until then, I won't be tempted before I've got the money set aside.

    That was Leo's plan, right?
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    Well, I think they all failed to match HP's announcement to release the TouchPad in the coming months. I mean, so you want hardware hotness in March (Apple), April (RIM) or Summer? Thank you HP for recognizing that my budget will be better able to purchase a tablet in the summer. By delaying shipment until then, I won't be tempted before I've got the money set aside.

    That was Leo's plan, right?
    ROFL Post winner!
  6. #6  
    My guess is that most corporate budgets are finalized around year-end. A summer launch gives the IT head some time to deploy and test before putting in an order.

    Playbook by having elements similar to HP might make the decision harder for a Blackberry shop to switch to HP, we shall have to see what the whole package looks like from both companies.
  7. #7  
    I don't really see the Playbook selling all that well. Mostly because of not so great marketing, iPad hysteria, and the fact that only BB fanatics will probably be the only ones buying this.


    My Themes:CLICK HERE
  8. #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    I don't really see the Playbook selling all that well. Mostly because of not so great marketing, iPad hysteria, and the fact that only BB fanatics will probably be the only ones buying this.
    And who do you think will be buying the Latepad? WebOS fanatics.
  9. #9  
    ArsTechnica just did a write-up on the Playbook. It sounds...a little rough.

    PlayBook a bit rough with less than 2 months to launch

    They were likewise tight-lipped about battery life ("It's the last thing they optimize for," one rep said)
    Uhhuh.
  10. #10  
    iPad2 just put the last nail into the Playbook coffin with such an affordable, yet well made device with thousands of apps available.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Weaser999 View Post
    iPad2 just put the last nail into the Playbook coffin with such an affordable, yet well made device with thousands of apps available.
    It's doing the same thing to all the tablets including the Touchpad.
  12. cgk
    cgk is offline
    cgk's Avatar
    Posts
    3,868 Posts
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    #12  

Posting Permissions