Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    about as much of a rip off as Windows was of Osx, It is what it is, rip off? maybe, mabye not. It's simular, But most of the updated OS's will be going this way. Webos is sweet, but so is QNX and very powerful, advantage Rim. Hardware is steller, HP, non-existing, advantage Rim. The Pre line of products were like putting a Indy engine in a Pinto. Fantastic OS, Crap Hardware and it will shy people away from the new pre line coming out. I wish HP and Webos the best of luck in their launches because I know the coolness thats Webos. But the Playbooks here and now, bash if you will, but it's a great OS on top notch hardware and no rip off, just simular.
    Similar enough to be a rip off

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post
    This commercial def proves tha they are copying

Love the commericial! I really like all the Playbook commercials. I may, at the end, buy the Playbook over the Asus Eee Pad MeMo and the Amazon tablet.

Every commericial I see reminds me why I've been lusting over the Blackberry Playbook since Sept/Oct 2010.
    In all honesty.....yes.....but it doesn't matter.....what matters is what sells. Its a dog eat dog world, you have to play dirty to get ahead. I seriously doubt the non techie blackberry owning customers who like the playbook are going to say, oh wait, i saw that on WebOS......they are copying so I'm not gonna buy it....
    Motorola i710 > Motorola i760 > Samsung M520 > Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Moegumby View Post
    about as much of a rip off as Windows was of Osx, It is what it is, rip off? maybe, mabye not. It's simular, But most of the updated OS's will be going this way. Webos is sweet, but so is QNX and very powerful, advantage Rim. Hardware is steller, HP, non-existing, advantage Rim. The Pre line of products were like putting a Indy engine in a Pinto. Fantastic OS, Crap Hardware and it will shy people away from the new pre line coming out. I wish HP and Webos the best of luck in their launches because I know the coolness thats Webos. But the Playbooks here and now, bash if you will, but it's a great OS on top notch hardware and no rip off, just simular.
    The Playbook is unfinished, buggy, and unpolished. It's missing calendar, contacts, and email....that's pretty bad. It's missing universal search as well. You also can't rearrange the cards in card view, and trying to scroll between them is a pain in the ****. Although, I love the gesture area on my Pre, I can see why it was left off the Touchpad after using the Playbook. Too many apps have fixed orientations, which makes the different gesture areas do different things. It's unfinished and is a rip off of webOS. If it has any advantages, I haven't seen them.
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know which came first: webOS or QNX (in its current incarnation)?
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by barkerja View Post
    Out of curiosity, does anyone know which came first: webOS or QNX (in its current incarnation)?
    By current incarnation, you mean QNX adapted to a tablet? Then webOS came first, but QNX has been used for a lot of things for a long time. For example, it was possible to boot QNX off a floppy disk.
    Global Posts
    427 Global Posts
    so that would make QNX first, seeing HP doesn't have a tablet on the market yet. Webos has been used on phones but no tablet yet, so apples being apples QNX is first. as for another poster, having no native email, or calander is moot, because it does have the best browser on any tablet, and all that can be accessed there. The bridge works good so i don't have any problem with my BB.
    The kicker at the end of that 30 second spot is when the narrator ends by saying:

".. running all of these appliacations at the same time. Why can't every tablet do that?"

LOL!

They are drinking their own koolaid, it appears!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Well most people have never seen a webos phone(or at least how it works), so when rim, ms, google have cards they'll think its fresh.
    Unfortunately, this is very true. Get to it HP!.. MARKET the **** outta your beloved WebOS!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12