Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys

iPad2 coming out tomorrow and Availability within 1-2 weeks, new price points starting at $399 for the entry-level Wi-Fi model.

That is cheap plus the biggest thing it will be on the shelves within 2 weeks now thats how you do it. Will HP make there announcement after tomorrow?

iPad2 Specs:

A much thinner and lighter iPad. We’re talking seriously thin.
    A slightly thinner bezel around the iPad’s display, making the device’s footprint just a tad bit smaller.
    A dual-core Apple processor, possibly named A5
    512MB of RAM
    A front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for FaceTime HD
    A rear-facing 2-megapixel camera
    Support for AT&T and Verizon Wireless networks out of the box
    Photo Booth for iPad
    Availability within 1-2 weeks, new price points starting at $399 for the entry-level Wi-Fi model
    I gonna say no.
    If they stick that $399 price point for the entry level, I think 2011 will be a bloodbath for pretty much every tablet competitor - Playbook, Honeycomb tablets, TouchPad....you name it. If you were in the market for a tablet (and I aint), there would be almost no reason to get something other than iPad besides "I don't wanna buy an Apple product".
  4.    #4  
    I think that the people who are on the fence might not be sitting there much longer and make the jump to iPad 2, just sad that HP is not releasing its products any sooner,

Yes the price point is very cheap, in todays economy that is a excellent price and Apple will make killing. The XOOM is like what $900, I dont know the LG price or the NVIDIA TEGRA price but none of them will have it that cheap.
    I guess we will find out for sure tomorrow won't we.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    a 399 ipad2 will make honeycomb a non-factor, and quite frankly, would make releasing before the ipad2 seem like a horrible idea.

at least if they waited, they'd have a more polished product, and maybe could have a better time explaining by their pricepoint is worth it.

That said, I don't believe the tablet will release at 399. That's not very Apple.
    $400? Where did you hear that? That would be great if true, since it would make the data version less than $600. Assuming they do the $129 upsell again. And the 32GB version would then be cheaper than the Xoom, if they do the $100 increments again.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    As with everything, I will believe it when it's properly announced.

Leaked info has never done anything good for my mental health.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    $400? Where did you hear that? That would be great if true, since it would make the data version less than $600. Assuming they do the $129 upsell again. And the 32GB version would then be cheaper than the Xoom, if they do the $100 increments again.
    Boy genius Report has that price listed in their "What to Expect Tomorrow" story.

We'll see. That's a game-changer, I think.
  10.    #10  
    Apple might just do that and come out with a low end model just enough to under cut all the other tablets makers.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikah912 View Post
    Boy genius Report has that price listed in their "What to Expect Tomorrow" story.

We'll see. That's a game-changer, I think.
    That equals "game over for 2011" in the consumer market, even if only for 16GB. Unless you really don't like Apple.

I've also seen articles where the Nook Color not only went on sale(B&N eBay only though), but can be rooted into a full Android tablet if you don't need lots of bells and whistles. That's an Android tablet for under $300.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    If this is true, I'm guessing Apple's going to follow their iPhone model and reposition last year's model as the budget version. Which is still probably a killer for their competitors to deal with.
    The ipad 2 will only have 3 things the TouchPad doesn't

1.Thinner design
    2.Rear Facing Camera(which really isn't needed if you have a phone.Plus with touch to share that makes up for that.)
    3.Price tag of $399(if true)

The TouchPad is on par with the Ipad2 and as far as thinner design I'm sure it can be done.But out of all the 3 things.The biggest is the price of the ipad2 if true.
  14. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Yeah, I'm going with last year's model - I can't see the ipad2 being $399. If it was, that would put serious pressure on the rest of the market.
  15. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post

1.Thinner design
    2.Rear Facing Camera(which really isn't needed if you have a phone.Plus with touch to share that makes up for that.)

The TouchPad is on par with the Ipad2 and as far as thinner design I'm sure it can be done.But out of all the 3 things.The biggest is the price of the ipad2 if true.
    If it was *really* $399 (and I can't see it) then the touchpad would have to be $300 or less, otherwise it would be DOA.
    How much could they lower the $500 version if the new one will be $400? If they go for the $350 range, more problems for competitors. Plus iPad 1 accessories are going to now be discounted.

Depending on your needs, this could be a true bargain time for an Apple product. Although I do agree that we should be careful getting hopes up. The $400 could be for the old model, lol. Although that also means data versions will be $100 off too. *rubs hands in anticipation* Although the RAM increase on the new one will help with performance.

Quote Originally Posted by prethadd81 View Post

1.Thinner design

You're missing 350,000 reasons why someone might buy an iPad 1 or 2 over a TouchPad.
    Quote Originally Posted by nappy View Post
    You're missing 350,000 reasons why someone might buy an iPad 1 or 2 over a TouchPad.
    I think you mean 60,000...??
    Doesnt matter...

I have been wanting to buy a tablet for 4-5 months now. I have been waiting for the touchpad and like all of you was disspointed when they said these three dreaded words: Available in Summer

If the ipad 2 comes out, with a front facing camera(dont car about rear) and has a robust OS with lots of relevant apps, and a good battery.. all at 399! AND HERE IS THE KEY:

Available in 2 weeks!

I will be buying an iPad 2 even though I like webOS 100x better. but I cannot justify waiting another 3-6 months for a product to come out that isnt as robust, will be a Beta again for first adopters and has no app support(as of now)

I guess we will see tomorrow
  20.    #20  
    Vyruz Reaper you used the key words " Available in 2 weeks " these are the magic words. And I think lot of people like yourself will not be waiting for the TouchPad, me on the other hand i am still on the fence. Waiting to see if Sprint will pick up HP products than I will make my decision. Also if the price holds than that mean it will be on all Apple for 2011, and all the other pad companies will loose any kind of ground that they might have gained, the Samsung Galaxt Tab 7" pad is on sale for $299.00, Rogers dropped its price. I think all companies are hearing the footsteps and will change all prices if the $399.00 holds true.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast