Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I'm sure we'll see a big slab form factor before long. I'm willing to bet it's more of a software issue at this point. 3.0 appears to have more accommodations for a keyboard-less device.
    phones rocking 3.0 are the holy grail of webOS
  3.    #23  
    I think all of this got blown out, all I am saying it be nice for HP to release another piece of hardware a 4" slab. Thats all, nothing more or less.
    Quote Originally Posted by joek71 View Post
    I think all of this got blown out, all I am saying it be nice for HP to release another piece of hardware a 4" slab. Thats all, nothing more or less.
    More form factors and sizes will be coming. Like many have stated, either we gotta be patient or move-on, since we now know the earliest to expect announced devices will be late spring/early summer.

Based upon what we also know from HP, they are building an ecosystem that will consist of various devices, possibly including other form factors (slabs) and sizes (4"+). I am willing to bet the house they are coming....may not be on your/our timeframe, and I think we will know even MORE by mid-March.

I am sure HP is full throatle and didnt purchase Palm for 1.2bil and those other companies just to have something to do. Trust me, they will create an ecosystem that will continue to transform the smartphone/tablet market, which will play apart within their ecosystem....my opinion.
    Last edited by RoverNole; 02/26/2011 at 10:44 PM.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ebos-test.html

I'm not following your "everyone" comment. Granted there are only 38 responses and some of those are from the same people who posted earlier in the thread - this is not scientific but it is quite one sided... and not in favor of a slab overall.
    A little poll on a forum for Palm Pre fans is not market research.
    Quote Originally Posted by nns View Post
    I think you mean to say that it's not "completed" market research.

Those here ARE potential customers for the products, and their opinions do count, yay or nay.

Just sayin...
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    I'm sure we'll see a big slab form factor before long. I'm willing to bet it's more of a software issue at this point. 3.0 appears to have more accommodations for a keyboard-less device.
    the thing to remember is that the dev necessary to support slab w/o a physical keyboard appears to be a major part of 3.x that will ship with the TouchPad. Once that's shipping, I believe you will see a slab phone for those that really want that size / form-factor.
    4" would of been ok with me. i had an hd2 and at first i thought it was too big but after a short while it felt good. i think that the hd2 screen was over 4".

i would buy the iphone 4 or 5 but a portrait sliding keyboard is one of my top features im looking for. i could live with the pre 3 screen size for now but with its summer release, its going to be in some serious competition.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unclevanya View Post
    See this thread: http://forums.precentral.net/general...ebos-test.html

I'm not following your "everyone" comment. Granted there are only 38 responses and some of those are from the same people who posted earlier in the thread - this is not scientific but it is quite one sided... and not in favor of a slab overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by nns View Post
    Really - why didn't I think of that?
    There are other options, not just the iPhone.

Beamed down to the earthlings from my eVo
    Sent from my favorite gadget!
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    the thing to remember is that the dev necessary to support slab w/o a physical keyboard appears to be a major part of 3.x that will ship with the TouchPad. Once that's shipping, I believe you will see a slab phone for those that really want that size / form-factor.
    I tend to agree with this. A slab is a no-brainer, but WebOS isn't a slab-ready OS. Lots of apps are portrait-only, too.

Assuming that this year's relaunch somehow succeeds, I'd say we're still a good 9-12 months away from a WebOS slab phone being widely available.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12