Ouch!
    "The more I learn, the more I realize just how little I really do know!" -Albert Einstein

That's one of the best letters I've ever read. Love the humor!

Put the emulator into developer mode. Classic!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Still better than NO (Enyo) SDK for the Touchpad....
    cries out for pictures
    wheres the predoodle guy?
    RIM is not alone in requiring its developers to make a bit more of an effort. HP told their developers they would have to unlearn what they know to go forward with Enyo. I would love to hear from developers on this. How does the difficulty level of developing for the platform affect your decision to develop for it? What is the most important factor, and where does difficulty rate in your calculation?
    I have to say I like the 10 app limit... I wonder if Dijit and Brighthouse do Blackberry apps.... that's one way to limit that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    I have to say I like the 10 app limit... I wonder if Dijit and Brighthouse do Blackberry apps.... that's one way to limit that.
    Palm was pondering something similar at one point (back when they claimed to want quality over quantity). It was going to be $50 per app. This was back in October of '09.
  8.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Cantaffordit View Post
    That's a good point and I'm sure not much of an issue for most indie developers. If you're running a business that's in the business of making applications for others then I'm sure you're making enough to cover the $xx for every x applications listed.

If not, just account for that added cost in your project cost.
    Last edited by barkerja; 02/25/2011 at 08:17 PM.
    rotflol!
    ᛖᚲ ᚹᛁᛏᚲᛁ ᚱᛁᛊᛏ ᚱᚢᚾᚠᚱ
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    RIM is not alone in requiring its developers to make a bit more of an effort. HP told their developers they would have to unlearn what they know to go forward with Enyo. I would love to hear from developers on this. How does the difficulty level of developing for the platform affect your decision to develop for it? What is the most important factor, and where does difficulty rate in your calculation?
    The problem is that it is the minor platforms that seem to require the extra effort. If a platform has a small market share and is difficult to develop for, a small app catalog is the likely outcome (See BB OS and WebOS).
    Well I feel better about the Touchpad now.
    Quote Originally Posted by innocentbystander View Post
    Well I feel better about the Touchpad now.
    I hope they at least make it as easy to develop for the TouchPad as they did for the legacy devices: Freely download the SDK, put the device in developer mode with a code that works on all devices by default, and get to work.
    Nice read...luved it.